Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

NoneMoreNegative posted:

CASIO QL 10 CIGARETTE LIGHTER Calculator

No thanks, I use a cassette tape player to light up.
It doesn't actually have an integrated cigarette lighter, I just keep my mix tape in there.
It's straight fire, you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

maybe it's both

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g
fun fact: as a playful easter egg, it was designed to have the flame activate anytime a calculation resulted in "451"

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

polyester concept posted:

malls were garbage in a lot of ways but if you had to stop at multiple stores, it was way better than the modern outdoor big box outlet hell where 90% of your time is spent navigating parking lots with no walking room

dunno if i'll be able to find it but there's a good article on the original vision of what the mall was supposed to be vs. what it became. in a nutshell: capital saw the plans and went :hmmyes: but we don't want people liking it *too* much they may just hang out there without spending money! gotta make sure it's just a bit uncomfortable so people keep moving / don't feel welcome

so if anyone was wondering why malls are considered torture devices for people on hallucinogens, there you go. you're much more sensitive to the point where those 'subtle' nudges aren't so subtle anymore

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

i think it's from the magic card game

yeah. i dont play it but i liked the art for those lands so i got them. they're just nicely painted environments

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I get poo poo I like from the internet printed at the photo booth coz the quality is good and cheap. but small lol. just loads of photo sized images of art or whatever takes my fancy or I think will inspire kids imagination all over the walls.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

we don't want people liking it *too* much they may just hang out there without spending money! gotta make sure it's just a bit uncomfortable so people keep moving / don't feel welcome

Diogenes transported to a modern-day shopping mall would have been run-off by security or trespassed or otherwise arrested for jerkin it in the food court.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
so what youre saying is that im a modern day diogenes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
diogenes seems to have been a crazy transient we’ve retroactively decided was a philosopher

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

haveblue posted:

diogenes seems to have been a crazy transient we’ve retroactively decided was a philosopher

most cultures have plenty of 'philosophers' like diogenes. China has the crazy Taoist hermits, the islamic world has those Sufi guys, etc

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

haveblue posted:

its not like claiming you're a philosopher is a high bar to clear

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

most cultures have plenty of 'philosophers' like diogenes. China has the crazy Taoist hermits, the islamic world has those Sufi guys, etc

who is your favourite daoist hermit?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

King Wei of Chu, having heard of the ability of Chuang Chau, sent messengers with large gifts to bring him to his court, and promising also that he would make him his chief minister. Chuang-Tze, however, only laughed and said to them, "A thousand ounces of silver are a great gain to me; and to be a high noble and minister is a most honorable position. But have you not seen the victim-ox for the border sacrifice? It is carefully fed for several years, and robed with rich embroidery that it may be fit to enter the Grand Temple. When the time comes for it to do so, it would prefer to be a little pig, but it can not get to be so. Go away quickly, and do not soil me with your presence.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
one of the 8 immortals had a donkey that they could fold up and put in their pocket

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ps its https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuang_Zhou

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

SmokaDustbowl posted:

one of the 8 immortals had a donkey that they could fold up and put in their pocket

a pocket rear end you say

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's been awhile since I saw a statue of guan yu

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

a pocket rear end you say

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhazL13cFY8

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
charming

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

sorry they're stuck in Calais

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvvXOfLs-ng

so old gangsta

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Ok lets do some home arts sharing, gotta be better than the several-page puke chat derail a few pages back

I have this and every time I walk past it and catch it I do a Gaff impersonation.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

drat I remember buying the Ankh Morpork map way back when I was a kid reading the Pratchett books for the first time, it came folded up in a card case and when you unfurled it completely it was huge.

I queued up for hours in a Waterstones to get a copy of the discworld map signed by Pratchett, I still have it but I stored it badly so it's super faded on the edges.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

sorry they're stuck in Calais

:argh: brexit

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

What can I say, I really liked that game.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
heres some cool stuff that i have on my wall:

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NbnqtitX9s&t=189s

Where are these fruit loop networks using DHCP IDs?

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jan 28, 2022

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

no pop culture art currently on my walls, but I have this weirdo

it's by Stig Lindberg, one of those Swedish grace/mid century modern guys

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

NoneMoreNegative posted:

One last décor - I had this TKMAXX deer-skull-on-a-stick for ages before I bought a prism Cheap from China via AliX, it projects a small patch of Pride that moves across the bedroom on sunny days.

neckbeard photobomb

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
logging on

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Even in death, I still post.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

cool future history of rejoining the eu

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

brexit means brexit

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/COMANDO_BURRITO/status/1486766066047111175

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

an alien world that has a single moon that looks exactly like the one we have

look at all the medieval soldiers rushing out of the castle to defend against the alien space dildo with DirectTV

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 28, 2022

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

that's not what "pocket full of horses" means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't have a picture of it right now, but I have an original Kate Beaton doodle on my wall

(it is a confused looking knight asking "which way to the crusades")