Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

my most recent ex was an enby and would constantly joke that I was therefore gay

how did she know I posted in this forum???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Sir, Madam or other, this is an Enby's drivethrough.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Visiting from the ukraine thread. What is the enby community’s take on the situation? Staunchly pro-russia?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Poohs Packin posted:

I got two things for ya RIGHT HERE

this is an inappropriate thread for this. more than or less than 2 is fine, but binary anything is not to be discussed. thank you

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Enby's; we may or may not have the meats!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

kntfkr posted:

Enby's; we may or may not have the meats!

actual lol

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I don’t know if any of you are trying to write a poem, rhyme, song or ditty about your experiences but i just wanted to point out “finery”, “winery” and “refinery” as potentially useful words

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

I don’t know if any of you are trying to write a poem, rhyme, song or ditty about your experiences but i just wanted to point out “finery”, “winery” and “refinery” as potentially useful words

thx

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Irony?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
putting on my FINERY
to go to the WINERY
double major in IRONY
a glass of merlot sounds FINE TO ME

rappin is easy

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"Bitches" seems unnecessarily gendered whats the nonbinary equivalent? Just some real hot slutty non conforming people who just like champagne being blasted all over their bodies.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Poohs Packin posted:

"Bitches" seems unnecessarily gendered whats the nonbinary equivalent? Just some real hot slutty non conforming people who just like champagne being blasted all over their bodies.

My gender mystery partner is fond of "binch"

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Disco Pope posted:

My gender mystery partner is fond of "binch"

Binch is great. I also like bicth. Pronounced bick-tha basically. It's fun.

Also "totally not rad" is a winner.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'm transfemme and kinda enby? I oscillate between wanting to pull off a tomboyish look to indulging high femme, but really gay high femme i absolutely hate getting male attention in public lol

Anyway gender is meaningless outside of what it does for you, personally.

Make the outside like the inside, make the two one, start fights with demons and escape material reality, imo

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Riot Bimbo posted:

Anyway gender is meaningless outside of what it does for you, personally.

So I don't totally agree here: you think gender is bullshit, I think gender is bullshit, but the people who are using it to make approximately 50% of the world's population into second-class citizens believe in it very strongly indeed. Their actions impact on us, whether we personally find gender meaningful or not, and to protect folk from gender-based discrimination we need to think in terms of gender.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Riot Bimbo posted:

Make the outside like the inside, make the two one, start fights with demons and escape material reality, imo

hell yeah

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah gender is bullshit the same way race is or frankly money, but I can't yet pay my bills by pointing out that money is a social construct so I have to live in a world where it exists and try to survive and if I have the energy, try to make that world better

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Bloop posted:

Yeah gender is bullshit the same way race is or frankly money, but I can't yet pay my bills by pointing out that money is a social construct so I have to live in a world where it exists and try to survive and if I have the energy, try to make that world better

ugh money...yeah.

my job requires me to interact with a lot of people all day long and pretty much every day i have to say something like "i wish i didn't have to bother you with this but WE LIVE IN A CAPITALIST REGIME and that forces me to care about money so could u please help me do my stupid job by doing your STUPID JOB"

ugh it sux

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Im thinking enbys

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

the dark blade “enbys lament” sealed away after the ancient war

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
What up Aussie enbies - representing Local Thembo excellence.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

lt_kennedy posted:

What up Aussie enbies - representing Local Thembo excellence.

Fucken on ya legeeeeeend.

I'm a big fan of enbys. Big fan. I know a lot of enbys, and you know, they're good people. Some of the best. I was talking to one the other day and they were telling me how impressed they were by me being like them but also showing them things. Very impressed.

Anyway I poo poo my pants.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm too much of a old boomer to understand the concept of enbys so I'll just say:

lol

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

that makes you stupid nothing to do with your age hope this helps

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Cannot understand that a social construct binary doesn't fully describe all things

I wonder if this is good or bad since those are the only options and everything must be exactly one of those things

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Whybird posted:

So I don't totally agree here: you think gender is bullshit, I think gender is bullshit, but the people who are using it to make approximately 50% of the world's population into second-class citizens believe in it very strongly indeed. Their actions impact on us, whether we personally find gender meaningful or not, and to protect folk from gender-based discrimination we need to think in terms of gender.

I agree with what you mean entirely, i am so bad about specifying these kinds of things but i was speaking to personal Gender, where one makes decisions about how they reflect themselves in the roles, behaviors, and signifiers one inhabits and wears

The politics of gender is rife with meaning, foisted and undesirable meaning, usually. However one cannot just ignore these circumstances. I dont tell cis people im not strictly speaking a woman; getting acknowledged as femme is an exercise in either going all-out, where i can sometimes pass and not trigger their Gender Violation Sensor Suite, the masc identification is what i care most about avoiding and yeah trying to split hairs about enbyism is a recipe for pain tgere so im all to aware that gender is meaningless and also absolutely imbued with life and death meaning lol

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Is enby another word for nonbinary? It's hard to keep track of poo poo these days.

E: spelling

Outrail fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 30, 2022

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Not entirely sure if I'm an enby but a little while back I hadn't gotten a haircut in a while, and my dad drove me out to this dude's house to pick up my truck that was getting worked on. In the car, the dude's wife comes out and she asks me if I like home canning, but then she got a closer look at me and said "oh I'm sorry, I thought you were a lady!". And I actually kind of took it as a compliment like "why yes, I do look like a lady thanks for noticing". I didn't say that out loud though because she seemed like a fairly conservative old black lady and she'd probably think it was weird.

Also I don't know why she thinks only women can be into canning. :shrug:

I mean I don't identify as a woman at all but there are times when I'm like... I don't really feel like being a dude either, and I do like getting mistaken for a woman. Whatever!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Outrail posted:

Is enby another work for nonbinary? It's hard to keep. Track of poo poo these days.

Yeah, although it's actual usage in real life is pretty uneven, in my experience. Most of the nonbinary people I know refer to themselves as nonbinary, although most of them are also familiar with enby as a term.

NB got kind of ruled out as a signifier because there was already a marginalized group that used that initialism, although my memory is failing me on what it stands for. A quick search suggests it was already established as meaning non-black, but I feel like my memory is incomplete there.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Sid Vicious posted:

that makes you stupid nothing to do with your age hope this helps

Yeah I've been fortunate to have met a number of seniors at various points in my 20 years of adult life who thought it was loving rad that younger people drastically defied gender norms and told their elders to gently caress off. They always wanted to do it too but felt too old to take part :smith:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Archer666 posted:

I'm too much of a old boomer to understand the concept of enbys

so that means ur like what 8,000 years old?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah I've been fortunate to have met a number of seniors at various points in my 20 years of adult life who thought it was loving rad that younger people drastically defied gender norms and told their elders to gently caress off. They always wanted to do it too but felt too old to take part :smith:

Never too old to wear a dress/not-dress/codpiece.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Yeah, although it's actual usage in real life is pretty uneven, in my experience. Most of the nonbinary people I know refer to themselves as nonbinary, although most of them are also familiar with enby as a term.

NB got kind of ruled out as a signifier because there was already a marginalized group that used that initialism, although my memory is failing me on what it stands for. A quick search suggests it was already established as meaning non-black, but I feel like my memory is incomplete there.

Despite self-identifying as one, I also feel that "enby" as a term is one that I'd only use online. It's a cute term, but that's also the problem. It lacks a kind of seriousness that you'd want as a main gender descriptor. Which is fine though, because nonbinary is perfectly suited to that role instead.

Actually, with time I could see "enby" being used as an equivalent to boy and girl. It's got that lighthearted feel to it.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
do autistic people automatically count as binary? since they behave like robots I mean, beep boop

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Me: "I don't feel much like a man or like a woman."

Archer666:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Me: "I don't feel much like a man or like a woman."

Archer666:

Actually started crying and making GBS threads myself when I read that. You owe me new pants, buster :arghfist: :(

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Real AvP situation here with the racist gif vs enby disdain twink lover

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Real AvP situation here with the racist gif vs enby disdain twink lover

Woah. I don't actually hold any disdain for non binary people or anything like that. If a person wants to go by that, then fine whatever, live your life. I don't get it since thats not how I deal with gender at all, but I respect people and how they feel about themselves.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

wait why is the gif racist. Thats not a guy in blackface or something is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

wait why is the gif racist. Thats not a guy in blackface or something is it

no the actual .gif file itself is sentient and a chud