Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Draga posted:

A Project X Zone fighting game would be rad.

They'd have to put Klonoa in a game again, so that isn't happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I dunno if this is a good place to ask but the corners are hosed up on my stick (stock Razer Panthera EVO) and I dunno what to do about it outside of like... buy a new stick. I thought I saw something online about PCB replacement to fix it but I wanted to check before trying something like that. You can see the issue here: https://streamable.com/syuu5e. I'm just inputting 3, 1, 7, 9 with a punch in between and you can see the up angles are wiggly or not catching the diagonal. It's kinda random what corners are hosed and I can sometimes get the right input if I REALLY jam it in there but it's kinda impossible to play like this. Any advice?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

New levers cost like 30 bucks

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://focusattack.com/sanwa-jlf-tp-8yt-joystick/

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

Glagha posted:

I dunno if this is a good place to ask but the corners are hosed up on my stick (stock Razer Panthera EVO) and I dunno what to do about it outside of like... buy a new stick. I thought I saw something online about PCB replacement to fix it but I wanted to check before trying something like that. You can see the issue here: https://streamable.com/syuu5e. I'm just inputting 3, 1, 7, 9 with a punch in between and you can see the up angles are wiggly or not catching the diagonal. It's kinda random what corners are hosed and I can sometimes get the right input if I REALLY jam it in there but it's kinda impossible to play like this. Any advice?

Before you just buy a new stick, open it up and see if a wire or something is stuck between the lever and the microswitch.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

J.A.B.C. posted:

They'd have to put Klonoa in a game again, so that isn't happening.

Klonoa wasn't in PXZ, only NXC so problem solved

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Get this: what if they made a new fighting game and not a sequel or character dump from something that came out 25 years ago

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Get this: what if they made a new fighting game and not a sequel or character dump from something that came out 25 years ago

no

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lol

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

yeah that's not going to happen

like not just capcom there's zero impetus for any major company to make a brand new fighting game IP

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

This sounds like a fantastic way to spend a ton of money and then absolutely bomb, as cool as it potentially ever be if it ever worked out.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Yardbomb posted:

This sounds like a fantastic way to spend a ton of money and then absolutely bomb

Why stop now?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
okay that's not fair, they didn't spend a ton of money on MvCI

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
where my red earth players at

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lol at thinking fighting game players ever want a new game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hace posted:

At work

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

chumbler posted:

Lol at thinking fighting game players ever want a new game.

Battle for the Grid has dozens of players! Dozens!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Battle for the Grid has dozens of players! Dozens!

This is still based on an established IP!!!

Hace posted:

I played it once for the novelty which puts me in the upper 1% of Red Earth Players who even remember the game.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hace posted:

Still undecided on my main. There are so many options.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
everybody loved SF3 on release mainly for the new characters :keke:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

yeah that's not going to happen

like not just capcom there's zero impetus for any major company to make a brand new fighting game IP
french bread made under night and melty got 10x the audience it ever did just by existing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and frankly under night got a pretty lukewarm reception with people specifically making fun of it, its design/aesthetics, making fun of it being with blazblue/persona in cross tag, etc. now im not saying you cant criticize character designs but under night is a fairly cohesive game, its going for a specific appeal, its just that its appeal is dumbass light novels about a guy with an eye that contains the power of demons or whatever. if that aesthetic or tone doesnt work for you thats one thing, and its not like there arent people who are really into under night's aesthetics or even its Lore, but it does feel like people simultaneously talk about wanting new original IPs but are also fully equipped with dismissive dunks on new IPs.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Under night has a sick roster

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Under night has a sick roster

seth is so over the top that he owns. like he if was slightly reined in hed be incredibly lame but they just went for it 120% and he rules. great animations too.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There's still room to build new fighting game IPs but gone are the days where you can just slam down an arcade machine at Spaceplex and generate your mythos from there. You basically need a whole other media delivery mechanism to justify the eventual fighting game you'd theoretically want to make.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

There's still room to build new fighting game IPs but gone are the days where you can just slam down an arcade machine at Spaceplex and generate your mythos from there. You basically need a whole other media delivery mechanism to justify the eventual fighting game you'd theoretically want to make.
BlazBlue and Under Night did it with inbuilt visual novels without the need for outside media but while BlazBlue was a pretty big success it also kind of hit during the big late 2000s anime boom that was going on in both America and Japan, it fit in right alongside Bleach and stuff. And of course BlazBlue did eventually resort to outside media to keep the train going, with diminishing returns. and it kind of forced them to include all the characters from the outside material in the last game to make it feel complete, which leads to 'who the gently caress is Naoto' for people who were only playing the games.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Enkidu is the only Under Night I need.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

exquisite tea posted:

Netflix Originals but only for miniseries about tournaments.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I mean, does Skullgirls count as a new fighting game?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mean, does Skullgirls count as a new fighting game?

It's nearly 10 years old but that is pretty recent for a non-licensed majorish fighting game.

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
There are new indie fighting games and not-traditional-fighting-games-but-essentially-fighting-games coming out very regularly but the metric for success here is always that they don't exist unless they have a competitive scene that can last 5+ years and have $1000+ prize pools at in-person tournaments. I see like the same 4-5 people playing loving Ninja Masters in fightcade every time I boot it up to remind myself how much I love Ranmaru, truly that is the heart of fighting games, accept this in yourself.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Skullgirls is 10 years old, UNIB is 10 years old, Blazblue's gotta be around 15 years old at this point.

"New" is like, the not-pony fighter whose name I don't remember, or Sirlin's game whose name I also don't remember

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Skullgirls is 10 years old, UNIB is 10 years old, Blazblue's gotta be around 15 years old at this point.

"New" is like, the not-pony fighter whose name I don't remember, or Sirlin's game whose name I also don't remember

I would not particularly call Sirlin's game new just from remembering some of the moderately blatant animation copying it had when I checked, (and the pony game seems like it's getting a boost from well, being a pony game turned into a not-pony game).

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
Hellish Quart, Tough Love Arena, Windjammers 2 (it's a fighting game I won't brook argument,) Nick All Star Brawl (y'all kept talking about it in here me mentioning it is your fault,) Write n' Fight are all like the last year. 1-2 actual fighting games and a few basically-fighting-games is pretty healthy considering how much game development sucks.

There are motherfuckers out there who's videogame "thing" is like, computer submarine wargames. We don't know their pain and we should enjoy what bounty we get. I for one am FEASTING everytime I boot up an indie game that got abandoned like 6 years ago before meeting half of its kickstarter promises.

EDIT: Actually hey does anybody know a way to play that Teen Titans fighting game that was on the Cartoon Network website back in the day?

ainda_ fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 29, 2022

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Punch Planet is a new IP fighter.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Lord_Magmar posted:

I would not particularly call Sirlin's game new just from remembering some of the moderately blatant animation copying it had when I checked, (and the pony game seems like it's getting a boost from well, being a pony game turned into a not-pony game).

Fantasy Strike's roster is also based on a card game Sirlin made ten years ago called Yomi

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Rivals of Aether came out in 2017 and is doing extremely well to the point where Dan Fornace has started Aether Studios which is now developing a bunch of other projects with the same IP, including a sequel to the original which looks absolutely gorgeous so far

https://twitter.com/StudiosofAether/status/1480570295555485697

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Brawlhalla is like more concurrent players than the next 5 fighting games combined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ainda_ posted:

Hellish Quart, Tough Love Arena, Windjammers 2 (it's a fighting game I won't brook argument,) Nick All Star Brawl (y'all kept talking about it in here me mentioning it is your fault,) Write n' Fight are all like the last year. 1-2 actual fighting games and a few basically-fighting-games is pretty healthy considering how much game development sucks.
i do not think spongebob is a new ip