Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Mayfair is from the Australian version of Monopoly so the correct currency is Dollarydoos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Prurient Squid posted:

Mayfair is from the Australian version of Monopoly so the correct currency is Dollarydoos.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:dudsmile:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1487275309024038915?s=20&t=FJfcylUAGaqaKYCvEtXTLg

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Prurient Squid posted:

My Google search skills are bad and only found Australian Edition boards with Kings Avenue instead of Mayfair :saddowns:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Honestly best way to explain poo poo from your childhood that no one can give any coherent reasoning for

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

are you loving making GBS threads me
is this real

was the bee coin real

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

is this real

was the bee coin real

A search seems to indicate that the bee coin pictured is a piece of hobo art (a real picture of a real coin carving). It remains unclear whether or not that was the style at the time, though.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The US quarter with the Utah theme has a beehive on it, I think? Though I'm pretty sure I've seen a Utah one with Zion National Park on it so maybe I'm thinking of something else.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

flavor.flv posted:

Good effort, but no authentic adventure game would give you such a blatant clue as having your character ponder out loud that he could go buy fast food to replace the burned roast

What would happen is you'd go on a pixel hunt across the entire game map clicking on things like fire extinguishers and water buckets thinking you have to put the fire out first, only for the doors to the krusty burger that skinner didn't even comment on when you tried clicking them earlier to suddenly open

“I can’t USE these things together!”

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Sagebrush posted:

The US quarter with the Utah theme has a beehive on it, I think? Though I'm pretty sure I've seen a Utah one with Zion National Park on it so maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Give me five bees for a hive.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

is this real

was the bee coin real

I was going to ask the same thing, but the "Liberty" and "1937" are lifted from the same quarter in the image. So, bee coins are real, but not US currency, and not from 1937.

Seriously though, 6am looking at Simpson's meme thread and I had to google "bees on nickels real"

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Hobo nickels were very much a real thing, though my googling was unable to tell me if that's an authentic one or someone made one for the joke, the only hit I got for bee nickle or whatever I searched was pintrest.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

My Google search skills are bad and only found Australian Edition boards with Kings Avenue instead of Mayfair :saddowns:

In Australia the British version is the one that's generally sold. Only a bogan would buy the Australian Edition and Monopoly is too complicated for them to play.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Watching Fellowship of the Ring with the wife, just bullshitting on it and right after the scene when Aragon visits his mother’s grave she sends me this.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I made this for the Harry Potter thread:

Yes, it's real.

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Dunno why, but my brain said "make this" when I saw it.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Haschel Cedricson posted:

A similar meme is going to come up soon in my official rankings!

Just wanted to let you knowim very much enjoying your thread but don't want to post there and ruin your perfect review streak, also I feel like it kind of fits this thread's canon if nobody else posts about Ray Jay except you.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Yes, that's a machine translation. I spent like 30 seconds on this

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pththya-lyi posted:

I made this for the Harry Potter thread:

Yes, it's real.

Question, what year was it when the Simpsons had JK Rowling on

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

loquacius posted:

Question, what year was it when the Simpsons had JK Rowling on

The Regina Monologues, season 15, from 2003. Same episode also had Tony Blair and Ian McKellen.

EDIT: Huh, according to Wikipedia, it was the last regular episode written by John Swartzwelder.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 30, 2022

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

In Australia the British version is the one that's generally sold. Only a bogan would buy the Australian Edition and Monopoly is too complicated for them to play.

Wait, I was right? B..but I was lying!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

lol you flyboys crack me up

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

p_e_z_z posted:

Dunno why, but my brain said "make this" when I saw it.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

CodfishCartographer posted:

Just wanted to let you knowim very much enjoying your thread but don't want to post there and ruin your perfect review streak, also I feel like it kind of fits this thread's canon if nobody else posts about Ray Jay except you.

That subforum only allows the thread OP to post in the thread, so thankfully nobody hasta Johnson him.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
My first nephew was born last night. Welcome to the glorious struggle, comrade!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

This joke almost made watching The Karate Kid 3 worth it lmao

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Still catching up on this thread, so apologies if this has been done before, but

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

p_e_z_z
Feb 27, 2020

Thanks for the idea, this one's for old mate Haschel:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Moai Ou posted:

Still catching up on this thread, so apologies if this has been done before, but

Whoah, how far back are you posting from? I've got some bad news about what's still to come...

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

p_e_z_z posted:

:dudsmile:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

p_e_z_z posted:

Glorious

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

p_e_z_z posted:

That is beautiful. <3

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

you'll have to speak up, i'm patching a trowel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Moai Ou posted:

Thank you I needed this today.