Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

mikemelbrooks posted:

Definitely recommend getting the remote controlled one if it's not too late.

Ah, I didn’t get it, but I have ordered it now and emailed to cancel the other non-remote one.

That is a massive annoyance with my present lovely fan, and will save me some hassle, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Time posted:

I bought a stages bike. It’s real good

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

For US peeps, TRAINER10 code gives 10% off here so it ends up at $2250.

https://mybikeshop.com/products/stages-cycling-stagesbike-sb20-smart-bike.html

Dammit, now I want to sell the trainer bike I just built and get one of these. Maybe in spring, might get more buyers then.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Friends with the Stages SB20 - does there appear to be any way to swap saddles easily without having a spare seat mast assembly? My wife and I have very different saddle preferences and the assembly is nearly $300. The manual seems to suggest that the answer is no, I’d have to either have another seat mast assembly or unbolt the saddle every time.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Not that I’m aware of, unfortunately.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

e.pilot posted:

Not that I’m aware of, unfortunately.

Thanks. Did yours get delivered through JB Hunt? From what I’m reading, no matter where you buy online all the SB20s are drop shipped from Stages to a local FedEx depot where JB Hunt picks it up for last mile delivery. I’ve heard horror stories about the JB Hunt delivery guys. Was hoping I could just get FedEx to drop it in my driveway and I could get a buddy to help me haul the bigger pieces to my basement but I think the shipping weight is over the FedEx home max.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Thanks. Did yours get delivered through JB Hunt? From what I’m reading, no matter where you buy online all the SB20s are drop shipped from Stages to a local FedEx depot where JB Hunt picks it up for last mile delivery. I’ve heard horror stories about the JB Hunt delivery guys. Was hoping I could just get FedEx to drop it in my driveway and I could get a buddy to help me haul the bigger pieces to my basement but I think the shipping weight is over the FedEx home max.

I just got my SB20 yesterday. Delivery from JBHunt was not great / not terrible. I won't bore you all with the story here. I live on a dead end road with zero traffic, they actually unloaded it in the road and carried it into the house. There's a delivery instructions field when you schedule the delivery so I imagine you could tell them to just unload it at the street as long as someone was there to sign for it.

There was no FedEx tracking for me at all, I got an email from JBHunt when I ordered the bike on the 10th, an email on the 14th to schedule the delivery, and a call when they were sitting in the road outside the house.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Don’t remember, I got it over a year ago

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

I've managed to get this thing mostly assembled in my 5 minute breaks between meetings, e.pilot, do your handlebars wiggle on your SB20? I have the adjustment knob tightened down to the point I feel like I'm going to break something, and I can still shift them up/down if I press on one side or the other.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
not that I noticed or remember, maybe if I really wrenched on it?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

There’s a torque spec in the assembly guide, but I’m not sure which part exactly you’re looking at

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
JB Hunt delivered mine. It was two dudes in a small U-Haul pickup pickup with a refrigerator, my SB20 and maybe one other appliance in back. It sounds like they deliver a lot of spinbikes because one of them kept calling my SB20 a "Soulcycle."

:negative:

I just had them leave it in my garage and haul away the pallet that it came on.

---

As for wobbly bars, no my bars don't wobble much. Make sure you twist both the height adjuster knob and the fore/aft lever tighter than you think you should.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Looking forward to racing you in meme races and still losing the sprint finish!

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

The bar wobble is coming from the slide mechanism for the fore/aft adjuster. I have that thing cranked down as tight as I can and it feels like I'm going to snap it off. It does take some force to get it to wobble and I didn't notice it moving while standing on the pedals so it's probably fine.

Mine also came with two "right handed" water bottle holders. So the left holder is useless, as it is upside down. I'll ride it a few days to make sure everything else seems to work and then email them about it.

Overall, pretty happy with it. The saddle is close to the Specialized Power saddles I like and I've been able to dial the bike fit in fairly well. I'm 6'4" and have the seatpost at the minimum insertion point. They say it'll fit a 6'10" ride, I have my doubts. It's amazing how much quieter it is than my old chain drive spin bike. Next step is a TrainerRoad subscription and some structured workouts.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

Looking forward to racing you in meme races and still losing the sprint finish!

But beating me on long climbs??

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I haven’t even updated my Zwift weight and I’m down to 133lbs now. Reverse weight doping.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Did Garmin buy Rouvy? Just got an email from Garmin advertising Rouvy which seems kind of odd since they have the Tacx app already.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Did Garmin buy Rouvy? Just got an email from Garmin advertising Rouvy which seems kind of odd since they have the Tacx app already.

Pretty sure it's just saying rouvy rides can sync to connect now

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

gwrtheyrn posted:

Pretty sure it's just saying rouvy rides can sync to connect now

It is, but it’s also advertising the Rouvy tour that unlocks a Garmin kit in game.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Got a text from a local freight company who are apparently delivering a “stationary bicycle” to my house tomorrow, despite never seeing a FedEx tracking number or any indication this thing has actually shipped. Very weird.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Just put down 1400 watts on the stages bike and it didn’t budge. This thing rules

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Threw up btw

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

LordOfThePants posted:

I've managed to get this thing mostly assembled in my 5 minute breaks between meetings, e.pilot, do your handlebars wiggle on your SB20? I have the adjustment knob tightened down to the point I feel like I'm going to break something, and I can still shift them up/down if I press on one side or the other.

Did you figure this out? I had some handlebar play like you mentioned and the lever you turn works like a TA lever, you can pull it downward toward the floor and reposition it and then tighten it more.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Did you figure this out? I had some handlebar play like you mentioned and the lever you turn works like a TA lever, you can pull it downward toward the floor and reposition it and then tighten it more.

I’ve got it so tight I feel like I’m going to break the handle off if I continue to tighten it. I can still move them, but it takes quite a bit of force and isn’t a problem at all when riding it. I’m calling this “good enough’.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

LordOfThePants posted:

I’ve got it so tight I feel like I’m going to break the handle off if I continue to tighten it. I can still move them, but it takes quite a bit of force and isn’t a problem at all when riding it. I’m calling this “good enough’.

This is interesting. My bike has, like, 0 play anywhere. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if stages threw some money at you if you took a vid of the problem and sent it to them.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Stages gave me a new 20m record for the year and only 12w off my all time so I’m definitely loving this bike.

Thinking of buying a $10 android phone from eBay to use for a dedicated Stages Link device. Seems crazy you can’t grab the BT data transmitted to the PC and display the current gear into somewhere.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
I've been using Zwift since the Beta came out 5(?) years ago, and I am still reasonable happy with it. I started with a Tacx Bushido and have moved on to a Tacx Neo 2T.

Last night I fired up the free 2 week trial on Rouvy, and it just did not do it for me. I had tried other movie type rides before, and this on had the same problems as the others. I just don't feel/see the connection between the changes in grade on the film and the grade on the machine. Zwift, for all of its 2114 graphics, is better at giving you an image of a steep hill, and my brain then expects to have to shift lower. Also, the silence on the film does not go with the realism of the images. The whole experience was rather boring and I quit after 45 minutes.

I don't know if I can quite explain what was missing. Anyways, I have 12 more days, so I will try some of the other routes and will see if things improve for me.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

LordOfThePants posted:

Tighten the base / height adjuster too.

Also don’t look at your actual bike, the bars/stem flex almost as much.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

Stages gave me a new 20m record for the year and only 12w off my all time so I’m definitely loving this bike.

Thinking of buying a $10 android phone from eBay to use for a dedicated Stages Link device. Seems crazy you can’t grab the BT data transmitted to the PC and display the current gear into somewhere.

I’ve mentioned this to Slack peeps, but my SB20 is definitely overreporting power under high torque when combined with setting the crank length to 165mm.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

TobinHatesYou posted:

I’ve mentioned this to Slack peeps, but my SB20 is definitely overreporting power under high torque when combined with setting the crank length to 165mm.

Is this just an issue with 165mm? I haven’t made the switch to shorter cranks yet (even though everyone in the other thread made a convincing argument)

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

Time posted:

Is this just an issue with 165mm? I haven’t made the switch to shorter cranks yet (even though everyone in the other thread made a convincing argument)

It’s probably occurring at all crank lengths tbh, I briefly moved my pedals to the 172.5mm bores, but didn’t test it long enough to reach a conclusion.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

TobinHatesYou posted:

It’s probably occurring at all crank lengths tbh, I briefly moved my pedals to the 172.5mm bores, but didn’t test it long enough to reach a conclusion.

Got it- thank you!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

TobinHatesYou posted:

I suppose I could hook up my Assiomas to check but honestly that’s a lot of work. What setup are you using to get the three power numbers? I’ve got two Garmins and I guess I could pull the Zwift fit file.

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

You could try using running android emulator something like bluestacks. Are you saying you don't access to a iPhone, iPad or Android phone?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I have my iPhone, but I like to keep that open for something like TrainerRoad or the Zwift companion app.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

mikemelbrooks posted:

You could try using running android emulator something like bluestacks. Are you saying you don't access to a iPhone, iPad or Android phone?

He's saying he wants a second phone to run the Stages Link app exclusively while keeping his phone to use for Companion, music, shitposting, whatever.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

mikemelbrooks posted:

That’s actually a pretty good idea, I’ll have to try this

El Laucha
Oct 9, 2012

My cats decided to pee on my neo2

It’s the hardest thing I’ve had to clean, I’d rather take apart a notebook than do this again

E: I’m 2 hours in and I think I’m half way there

El Laucha fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 3, 2022

Development
Jun 2, 2016

El Laucha posted:

My cats decided to pee on my neo2

It’s the hardest thing I’ve had to clean, I’d rather take apart a notebook than do this again

E: I’m 2 hours in and I think I’m half way there

congrats on your new SB20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
I have one cat that chews on *everything*. He's got my valve stem caps a bunch. Loves to chew on the trainer feet too. Hit the AfterShox once, but they're still good. I'm still waiting to get woken up when he blows up one of the tires. He'll learn an important lesson that day.

Dibs on the pee soaked trainer!