Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Is there a good source for all of Bialik's anti-vax poo poo? Because jfc my normally smart family is convinced it's all some big misunderstanding and bought the fake apology and I would like to shove it right in their faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wait why the gently caress is Ken not on my tv?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

banned from Starbucks posted:

I agree but I also have some bad news

I knew I shouldn’t have been so insistent on tuning in tonight… should’ve just eaten my Chinese New Year’s Eve family dinner in peace, but no, I had to flip the TV to Jeopardy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Is there a good source for all of Bialik's anti-vax poo poo? Because jfc my normally smart family is convinced it's all some big misunderstanding and bought the fake apology and I would like to shove it right in their faces.

https://people.com/parents/mayim-bialik-talks-attachment-parenting-with-cbb/

quote:

Reader N.S. remembers reading about your contemplating whether or not to vaccinate the kids. What decision did you reach?

We are a non-vaccinating family, but I make no claims about people’s individual decisions. We based ours on research and discussions with our pediatrician, and we’ve been happy with that decision, but obviously there’s a lot of controversy about it.

Maybe she has changed her mind in the last 13 years, but that seems pretty unambiguous.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
uuuuuuuuuugggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Julie Klausner knows what's up.
https://twitter.com/julieklausner/status/1488301375834492929

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

^^^ lol

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

* I'm not trying to minimize Bialik's legitimate academic achievements.

Oh of course not, but having a doctorate does not necessarily make one a good host of a TV game show.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Oh of course not, but having a doctorate does not necessarily make one a good host of a TV game show.

No, and as we've seen (not specifically from Miyam), it doesn't even guarantee that someone is especially knowledgable outside of their particular field of interest.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

that's my queenie

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

The Jeopardy Facebook page is also not happy and these are 100% the boomers Sony listens to.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

HookShot posted:

The Jeopardy Facebook page is also not happy and these are 100% the boomers Sony listens to.

I can totally understand if Ken doesn't want to be permanent host, he has a lot on his plate, I get it.
Clearly the general audience doesn't want Mayim Bialik.
There must be someone better, but gently caress me if I know who it is.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It's Buzzy

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The whole game was just oof tonight.

Bialik's cadence is off and it's obvious that she doesn't have enough sense to make her own judgment call on a response.

What is Auburn?
(Stares at dude for long time.
... Auburn University?

The very next clue's correct response was Purdue. She did not make that contestant put "University" after it, which makes me pretty sure that her sheet had Auburn University, but just Purdue.

There was no reason for making the contestant add "University" to Auburn. If she was fine with accepting just Wahlberg earlier, this was even more obvious.

I want her off my TV so badly.

(And Ricky Vaylens. It's 100% that Riley had never heard his name pronounced, so I feel bad, but that was funny.)

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

It’s also like the vast majority of the people they had guest host.

Honestly I’d take Aaron Rodgers over her at this point because they’re both dumbass pieces of crap but at least Rodgers can present a clue.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RC and Moon Pie posted:

(And Ricky Vaylens. It's 100% that Riley had never heard his name pronounced, so I feel bad, but that was funny.)

Ricky Vaylens had me howling. And if she had just said Vaylens they would've given it to her!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

HookShot posted:

"Once you go Ken you never go Bialik".

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I did terribly playing at home tonight. Is it just me, or was the "Stupid Answers" category harder than it usually is? The contestants certainly seemed to expect it to be easier.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
My DVR glitched and didn't record the episode tonight :cool:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Propaniac posted:

I did terribly playing at home tonight. Is it just me, or was the "Stupid Answers" category harder than it usually is? The contestants certainly seemed to expect it to be easier.

It was really poorly written.

cwinkle
Mar 7, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Here here.

It's Hear! Hear!. As in shut up and pay attention to this speaker they just said something worthwhile.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Propaniac posted:

"Top inner corner" should have been the correct answer.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

1glitch0 posted:

"Top inner corner" should have been the correct answer.

Riley was right imo

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

HookShot posted:

GOD loving drat IT

I blame this post for everything. YOU JINXED IT.

Lol, I had that thought in my head for a couple weeks now, and the day I decide to post it...

Still holding out hope!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Propaniac posted:

No it wasn't just you: the wording on most of the clues in that category was atrocious, and most of them were poorly conceived. loving Hammacher Schlemmer hammock?

There were a ton of bad clues last night.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The execs wanted Bialik because she was on Big Bang Theory. Nothing more to it. That was the beginning and end of their thinking.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

No it wasn't just you: the wording on most of the clues in that category was atrocious, and most of them were poorly conceived. loving Hammacher Schlemmer hammock?

There were a ton of bad clues last night.

Yeah, we were both complaining about some of the clues last night. They don't let her anywhere near the clues, do they?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Unkempt posted:

Yeah, we were both complaining about some of the clues last night. They don't let her anywhere near the clues, do they?

Not that I’m aware of. That’s all on the writer’s room, but I remember Trebek mentioning suggesting a clue to them once in a while, like with my Final Jeopardy. But that’s with his rapport with them, I doubt she has anything like that kind of pull.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

cwinkle posted:

It's Hear! Hear!. As in shut up and pay attention to this speaker they just said something worthwhile.

God dammit. I knew it didn't look right. I'll leave it up to showcase my shame.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Groovelord Neato posted:

The execs wanted Bialik because she was on Big Bang Theory. Nothing more to it. That was the beginning and end of their thinking.

Last night was probably the one time there's been a clue that syncs up with that background (the flag one, since there was a show-within-a-show called Fun With Flags), and yet she did nothing with that.

Meanwhile she continues her trend of inane, pointless non-jokes after other random clues. It always feels so forced and fake, like she's trying way too hard, unlike Ken's interjections that were far more relevant to the game and natural. Same with the little intro/outro snippets; hers feel like she's putting on that overly enthusiastic voice you use with small children.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

BaronVonVaderham posted:

It always feels so forced and fake, like she's trying way too hard, unlike Ken's interjections that were far more relevant to the game and natural. Same with the little intro/outro snippets; hers feel like she's putting on that overly enthusiastic voice you use with small children.

Bingo. That's what I really don't like about Mayim: the forced enthusiasm and the somewhat patronizing way she tends to speak to contestants. To be fair, I don't think the latter is intentional on her part.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Apparently last week's one day champ Carrie is a coworker of mine.

https://twitter.com/clcadwallader/status/1487067661024432130?s=21

I don't know her personally but she seems cool:

https://twitter.com/clcadwallader/status/1487059910445600777?s=21

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
She needs to be disqualified from hosting based on that pronunciation of "Orleans" alone.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
dumb friends league is a pro name for an animal rescue :3:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

that lady definitely said “cuomo” instead of “como”

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

moonmazed posted:

dumb friends league is a pro name for an animal rescue :3:

It’s very wholesome of them to keep the name and not make any apologies for it because the archaic intended sense is wholesome.

Alternatively, the current sense frequently describes my own beloved dumb friends.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Does someone have a gif version of Mayim glitching out when talking about that murder show? Please and thank you.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Jay is what I imagine Bill Clinton would look life if he was raised in Miami.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The Sean posted:

Does someone have a gif version of Mayim glitching out when talking about that murder show? Please and thank you.

The Mighty Moltres fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 2, 2022

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Ken follows Felix from Chapo Trap House. That’s the real reason they won’t let him host

Only registered members can see post attachments!