Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FuturePastNow posted:

So you're saying that to solve the Ixal's problems, I need to kill the Elementals.

I mean to be fair I think that'd solve 90% of Gridania's and The Shroud's issues in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

let's kill the native inhabitants of the black shroud

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Vitamean posted:

The Elementals seem to take care of that already

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

We could probably hook the Ixal up with some former Garlean engineers or the Ironworks, so that can learn to make airships from metal. One of the big revelations in their beast tribe quests is that they actually invented the first airship, so they definitely bring some knowledge to the table.

Or we could tell them that their whole religious quest is fruitless, since their promised land is just Azys Lla. The Ehcatl Nine didn't takes it too hard when they found out :v:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

FuturePastNow posted:

The Amal'jaa, Kobolds, etc have no reason to summon their primals again because you have personally solved all of the problems that got them to that situation to begin with.

We might find new primals in Meracydia or the New World but that just means more peoples' problems to solve.

The problems are far from solved, it's just that we've done enough rep grinding to get the beast tribes from "Hate on sight" to "Ok, we can talk."

There's still tons of politics that need to happen, it's just that the tribes actually believe it won't be a massive waste of time like before when they got screwed over.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Vitamean posted:

Then we can convert that useless terrain into a resource output location for the people we like! Historically, a plan without flaw or possibility of error. Maybe we can get a special red energy weapon to do it with. It WOULD get the subscriber numbers under control...

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I forgot that Azys La was the Ixal promised land. We could just give it back to them now. The Triads are dead, Tiamat is gone, and the Empire isn't moving in on it anymore. There's nothing left but Allagan robots that haven't been getting security updates and some escaped experiments, and those are problems a little violence can easily solve.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

kitten emergency posted:

I expected the ship to look more like the one on the artwork

I thought the artwork meant that a chunk of eorzea would become the ship and I assumed it was the entirety of sharlayan. My idea cooler imo

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I was hoping we'd learn some ascian powers, particularly the teleport and breath in space bits, and that's how we'd go to the moon. It'd fit with why the blandlander had a white ascian robe on in the trailer.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Eimi posted:

I was hoping we'd learn some ascian powers, particularly the teleport and breath in space bits, and that's how we'd go to the moon. It'd fit with why the blandlander had a white ascian robe on in the trailer.

He didn't, it was just PLD af5 with the hood up.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

I want to go on the Susano party bus.

Susano Ultimate when??

Or Susano+Ravana Ultimate

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

I forgot that Azys La was the Ixal promised land. We could just give it back to them now. The Triads are dead, Tiamat is gone, and the Empire isn't moving in on it anymore. There's nothing left but Allagan robots that haven't been getting security updates and some escaped experiments, and those are problems a little violence can easily solve.

Do they even want to live there? It is actually what the promised land turned out to be but I doubt it’s what they were envisioning

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Badger of Basra posted:

Do they even want to live there? It is actually what the promised land turned out to be but I doubt it’s what they were envisioning

The Ehcatl Nine decided that they would just keep looking for a different, better sky island when they found out. I wonder what would happen if they met the Vanu Vanu....

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I joked earlier about the Garleans complaining about being sent to the moon, but there is so much free, sort-of idyllic living space on the moon that it would be weird if nobody ends up living there.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

I joked earlier about the Garleans complaining about being sent to the moon, but there is so much free, sort-of idyllic living space on the moon that it would be weird if nobody ends up living there.

There is a critical shortage of adventurer housing!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I still want a house in the Crystarium. :(

I like the purple tree and crystal and iron dome look.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I was excited for Ishgard housing until they actually opened the zone up for walking around in. It's probably my least favourite zone now.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I don't really think floating sky islands are a good option for the Ixal at this point. They don't have wings! What if they fall off? :ohdear:

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Doesn't stop the Vanu Vanu! Maybe they could bond over being flightless bird-like folk.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/surfacage/status/1490787916653621250?s=20&t=ghjirfamUsh2-krAejSAyQ

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Please Emet, save us.

Ibblebibble posted:

He didn't, it was just PLD af5 with the hood up.

Looking back at the video it's not that, it was a cloak that goes dramatically fluttering away, but it's also not a white Ascian robe either. Shame.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ziddar posted:

Doesn't stop the Vanu Vanu! Maybe they could bond over being flightless bird-like folk.

We don't know how many Vanu Vanu have fallen to their deaths though. IIRC one of the sidequests up there involved a Vanu Vanu coming dangerously close to being startled of the edge while cloud fishing. The least we could do is start sending some carpenters up there to put in handrails.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Trust Insighters has started doing the EW Trust dialogues. Only a couple so far, but they literally just started a few hours ago.
https://twitter.com/trustinsighters/status/1490712382334771202?s=20&t=Crpqg_fHIZUKOqF4FXGPVg

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Lord_Magmar posted:

Although this would not actually stop Primals from being able to temper people. The specific change they describe is that the method the Ascians taught includes a fervent desire to spread/expand their faith. Which leads to Primals who want to gain more followers starting with their initial summoners.

The actual process of Tempering is just Aetheric Corruption/alignment, similar to how Sin Eaters and Voidsent are born. This is why Alisaie’s Porxie can cure it, as the Porxie simply undoes the alignment shift. In theory therefore you can temper anyone provided you have something to corrupt/misalign their Aether. So Primals being focal points of an Aetheric Element are still able to Temper, they just won’t automatically do so anymore.

This is also why you have standard Leviathan tempered and the completely transformed squid people. You can cure the former but not the latter.

One wonders what "cured" would entail in the latter case anyways. Madison and his crew are lucid enough, they're just assholes. It could well be you can cure someone of the fanatical violence but not necessarily the distorted or mutated body. (Example: Marcelloix in the Firmament, who is permanently dragon-ified presumably due to his dragon-blood transformation gone wrong, but is still quite lucid.)

On the other hand, a radically mutated body would quite possibly gently caress with your brain's chemistry anyways. FF14 does seem to indicate a body/soul dichotomy there, in that a soul has a way it's "supposed" to be that it reverts to within the lifestream between incarnations.

Jetrauben fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 8, 2022

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
So, I just released a big honkin' lore video! This one's a breakdown of most nations we've visited in the game, so I'd apologize for it being immediately off-topic, but it's actually rare that it isn't somehow relevant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY_-czrmIoM

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I'm finally going through the Allied Beast Tribe Quests, and while I'm not a fan of seeing this rear end in a top hat catboy in his banana hammock every expansion

Holy poo poo, the Vath Deftarm is my boy and I nominate him for the seat of Azem. Making that shot on the Manacutter at the end of the HW Allied questline got me popping off as big as any of the major story moments so far.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

DanielCross posted:

I'm finally going through the Allied Beast Tribe Quests, and while I'm not a fan of seeing this rear end in a top hat catboy in his banana hammock every expansion

Holy poo poo, the Vath Deftarm is my boy and I nominate him for the seat of Azem. Making that shot on the Manacutter at the end of the HW Allied questline got me popping off as big as any of the major story moments so far.

:yeah:

YoshiP please let me take my bug son into dungeons as a trust party member, he would be so good at it!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DanielCross posted:

Good news about Shadowbringers.
:smith:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Deftarm cannot be a trust member until he picks up those drat rocks.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

The one Ixal who's been there hated it so bad the entire tribe swore off going there again

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Begemot posted:

:yeah:

YoshiP please let me take my bug son into dungeons as a trust party member, he would be so good at it!

I want to see Mother Miounne in a trust, if only because her attacks would be members of the elf mafia just popping up out of nowhere and whacking the enemy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

the_steve posted:

I want to see Mother Miounne in a trust, if only because her attacks would be members of the elf mafia just popping up out of nowhere and whacking the enemy.

It's me I'm the mafia. Nothing must come to harm Momma Miounne.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's me I'm the mafia. Nothing must come to harm Momma Miounne.

https://twitter.com/celica_DQ10/status/1490005466818445312

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Vath should be playable. I mean, they're literally Adventurers!

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Alxprit posted:

Vath should be playable. I mean, they're literally Adventurers!

I always thought your icon was fun, but only now do I properly appreciate it.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

"What are you giong to do now that the Scions are 'ending'"

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Twibbit posted:

"What are you giong to do now that the Scions are 'ending'"

It's nice to get back to the important things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5bP3eY0Vag

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

DanielCross posted:

Yeah, I feel like as much as they've focused on this being an end to the Hydaelyn/Zodiark saga, it's also sort of an end to the Primals as we know them. No longer are they some impossible obstacle that only the Warrior of Light (and seven conveniently-on-hand Echo Users) can defeat, they're something any sufficiently powerful warrior can do battle with if they're summoned with malicious purpose...and the befriending of all the Eastern and Western Beast Tribes seems to have put us on the path such that aggressive summonings are likely to be far, far less frequent than they were before. Not only is our title of "Warrior of Light" going to be less important going forward, even our status as "Eikon Slayer" isn't going to be as unique or important anymore.

poo poo, I’m happy to retire. I’m beat.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There's no explicit spoilers in this tweet, but the context really only works if you've beaten (or heard of) the EW finale.
https://twitter.com/itouyas/status/1491074065175842816?t=C4LhNQbyG9ZzyvaCkaAu_A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

it's a great line because out of context it sounds like nothing in particular so dudes hamming it up in voice or text chat won't really spoil anything for some poor newbie