Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
From what I've read someone managed to waste a month of in-game time without causing any major problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

there's a couple conversations that become inaccessible on day 5 but that's the only real time-based event as far as missing stuff goes

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 17, 2022

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Alright, thank you! I was stressed because I basically did nothing on Day 1. I sorta just went around Whirling and barely spoke to Union people and Scabs before being thrown out by a big nazi.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Half Life Full Consequence: Not entirely remembering the choices before, but clicking through all of Sylive's telephone dialog, then annoying Kim with his radio choices, and finally opening my mouth to Garte as Doctor Love clinched the minimum. I'll do my best to see how this trainwreck plays out...

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Vitruvian Manic posted:

I'm purposely playing as a drunken violent dumb-as-poo poo racist (1434) and I haven't gotten that achievement. I called him a binoculard.
I’ve been trying to be a racist fascist but in my head canon Kim is “one of the good ones” (he must be, he’s a fellow cop!) and I just can’t be that mean to him 🙁

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
A poster pisses off a police officer and this thread loses its mind.

Orange Devil fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 17, 2022

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Vookatos posted:

Alright, thank you! I was stressed because I basically did nothing on Day 1. I sorta just went around Whirling and barely spoke to Union people and Scabs before being thrown out by a big nazi.

This is pretty normal for a first play through. Honestly by the end of the first day I found myself feeling pretty similar to my character, completely overwhelmed by all the information thrown at me and feeling like I'd completely failed to investigate the murder at all. You'll get there (probably).

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Orange Devil posted:

But didn't you read the post immediately before you? Kim is "one of the good ones".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

It's my first play through, and I've already hit the lowest of the low with Kim by 6pm day 1. How have only 1.5% of Steam players achieved this?

It's not even that hard. I finally hit the lowest of the low with Kim on the first day kicking a trash can.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Oh man there's been some voice and text mismatches before but "Martinaise? Nothing. It's just a puddle at the end of some drainpipes" coming out as "I have, on a few occassions, when I was young and foolish, smoked ham". Thanks for that information, Kim.

Hahah, "here's my gun and badge, they'll put me in the [indiscernable] for this, but it feels good to have it off my chest" for "Absolutely nothing"

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Feb 17, 2022

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

solid A-tier effort there

but because I like the topic: the RCM isn't "police" though, it's a rather unique (and appropriately rather fantastic) social institution

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

dead gay comedy forums posted:

solid A-tier effort there

but because I like the topic: the RCM isn't "police" though, it's a rather unique (and appropriately rather fantastic) social institution

People treat them like police. Cool people call you names like pig. You come from a "bad" precinct where two murders means you're one of the lighthanded ones. Maybe they aren't as bad as the worst real life cops, but they're definitely still cops.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
PIGFUUUUUUCK

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1494371240387170307
:confused:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Nooooooooooooooo

Ok maybe yes.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Let Neil Breen direct it and play Raphael

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

no thanks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anti-capitalism is signing a deal with amazon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thanks to marx and lenin for our amazon deal

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

would be curious to see a little more info, because maybe I'm misunderstanding but looking around for more info what sounds like what happened is that zaum was looking into making a show back in 2020 and signed up with dj2.

dj2 who has now, in turn, signed with Amazon specifically for "first look" at video game related offerings re: streaming. which, still bleh but seems a bit different from the way that particular article presents it?

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

amazon is up there with CBS and their non-stop flow of DoD funded jingo slop which sounds like the perfect home for a Disco Elysium series i guess??

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think the TV rights were always being handled by the weird estonian businessman guy who bankrolled the development in the first place. The devil gets his due, I would assume zaum will stay pretty quiet about it

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Endorph posted:

anti-capitalism is signing a deal with amazon

Too late, the Boys already exists

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I hope the TV series harry is a high physique cop.

IMO.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

There’s definitely potential for a show exploring the deeper lore / world of DE. A show that’s just the game but for TV would obviously be awful, and TBH any show they make is probably going to be awful anyway if it happens 😞

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Capitalism may have killed it, but merchandising will do it in.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Whatever happened to "They will sell you the rope by which you will hang them?"

A whole lotta whiny bitches not learning from Deng.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I mean even if this ends up a good show its politics are going to be extremely watered down.

Honestly gently caress it, none of us get to pick the water we're swimming in and it's not like not selling the rights to a TV adaptation was the secret key to unleashing eternal global communism. Good for them but also lmao

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Just make an entirely straightforward Torson and McClane cop show, with once a season HDB cameo where he solves the case/throws up on himself.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think the TV rights were always being handled by the weird estonian businessman guy who bankrolled the development in the first place. The devil gets his due, I would assume zaum will stay pretty quiet about it

yeah basically

za/um should be able to say "well we had nothing to do with this", IP appropriation is a thing

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Whatever happened to "They will sell you the rope by which you will hang them?"

A whole lotta whiny bitches not learning from Deng.

also this

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I can literally picture Evrart explaining his decision to partner with Amazon.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

That Dang Dad posted:

I can literally picture Evrart explaining his decision to partner with Amazon.

Now, Harry, see here: thousands, dare I say it, millions of people will pay us, Harry! to learn about our wonderful union. Isn't that grand?

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
"I'm sure your TV series is going to be just fine, Harry. It's not like you sold it to Jeff Bezos. You didn't bargain away your adaptation rights to an infamous union-busting megacorporation owned by a manchild. A dead eyed producer isn't tearing pages out of your manuscript and replacing them with glib co-marketing tie-ins with Legolas and Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan right now."

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I feel like the best way they can do a Disco Elysium show is just to capture the spirit of the world rather than try to adapt the game. Like, I can imagine some showrunners (wrongly) thinking that dissonant voices in the protagonist’s head is some kind of core element.

It should be a sort of mood piece. Like Blade Runner, maybe.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Randallteal posted:

"I'm sure your TV series is going to be just fine, Harry. It's not like you sold it to Jeff Bezos. You didn't bargain away your adaptation rights to an infamous union-busting megacorporation owned by a manchild. A dead eyed producer isn't tearing pages out of your manuscript and replacing them with glib co-marketing tie-ins with Legolas and Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan right now."

DAMAGED -1 MORALE

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
TBH I wouldn’t be surprised if Amazon doesn’t actually give a poo poo if the message of the show is explicitly anti-capitalist.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They picked up The Expanse when it got canceled by Syfy, and that series is entirely about Jeff Bezoses and Elon Musks loving up humanity in space.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

christmas boots posted:

TBH I wouldn’t be surprised if Amazon doesn’t actually give a poo poo if the message of the show is explicitly anti-capitalist.

A literal example of the phenomenon Joyce mentioned where capitalism absorbs critiques of itself lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Sardonik posted:

A literal example of the phenomenon Joyce mentioned where capitalism absorbs critiques of itself lol.

black mirror s01e02