Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Section Z posted:

One of the big things with warrior casting will probably be if weapon buff spells (and items) are ambidextrous. Or something like weapon buffs not working unless you are trying to apply it to a right hand slot weapon.
my main issue was always keeping a light shield in my offhand alternate slot because the one thing you can't do with a catalyst is parry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tote up a bags posted:

im gonna clip badly into a corner, fall and die

put up a gif of this right on here in this thread. if you're able. if not that's fine.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

my main issue was always keeping a light shield in my offhand alternate slot because the one thing you can't do with a catalyst is parry

Also assuming there are no Pyromancy flames, I guess we won't be asking "Why do I need to equip a torch for light or to scare leeches off me? I have a MAGIC FIRE HAND!" this time around when it comes to item juggling.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I always had my caestus in my offhand while doing caestus runs so that I could parry with it. and then hold the button to dual wield it back into my main hand

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
4 more to go until release!!!

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014
found a twitch stream and that leaked intro cinematic sure is real! hoo boy, they couldn't get Darth Maul to do the voiceover? 19 year old doing his old wizard voice rear end "ah. rise" rear end what the hell

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Pre-order bonus should let you access the character creator a day early so you can jump right in to the game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hey here's a question for you guys, i don't have any immediate friends who are into the whole dark souls oeuvre so when i'm asked about it i've been describing the game as "gothic breath of the wild" but then one friend asked "oh can you climb up everything?" and i legitimately didn't know the answer. is that something? or is it just the jump geysers you can ride into on a horse?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Khanstant posted:

4 more to go until release!!!

??

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I haven't seen any climbing in preview stuff, though I still don't know if its truly Open World or merely Big Hub

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

4 more caestus runs, obv

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You climb Skyrim style by making your horse jump up mountains.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

how long after release does it take for the ring to become elden

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

hey here's a question for you guys, i don't have any immediate friends who are into the whole dark souls oeuvre so when i'm asked about it i've been describing the game as "gothic breath of the wild" but then one friend asked "oh can you climb up everything?" and i legitimately didn't know the answer. is that something? or is it just the jump geysers you can ride into on a horse?

No climbing system, though I think you can jank climb up slopes you aren't supposed to climb by running against them at an angle and jumping.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
just how old is this ring exactly?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
1000yrs but looks newly forged

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

No climbing system, though I think you can jank climb up slopes you aren't supposed to climb by running against them at an angle and jumping.

What other open world games had absolute climbing? I.e., go anywhere you want. Breath of the Wild, Assassin's Creed Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla, Spider-Man, Genshin, Horizon? Maybe there's a ton of them that I never played

Ghost of Tsushima had a grappling hook but you were still cut off from some spots and couldn't climb every mountain

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i know there's the gachapon game genshin impact that was like it's whole loving deal

edit: oh you said that

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Concurred posted:

What other open world games had absolute climbing? I.e., go anywhere you want. Breath of the Wild, Assassin's Creed Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla, Spider-Man, Genshin, Horizon? Maybe there's a ton of them that I never played

Ghost of Tsushima had a grappling hook but you were still cut off from some spots and couldn't climb every mountain

Horizon had limited and 2 has more open but still limited to particular climb zones.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

"A poor purposeless sod naked as they day they were born. A nice club is all they have"

You tellin me you're gonna pass up Nice Club???

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
one week to go boyos

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

one week to go boyos

I'm literally going to explode from anticipation help

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I can't wait to do the HAHA gently caress YOU DIE YOU PIECE OF poo poo DIE gently caress YOU BURN IN HELL YOU MOTHER loving PIECE OF poo poo dance when I finally kill a boss that has killed me 25 times in Elden Ring. I can't be the only one that does that? It's a SoulsBorne tradition for me at this point.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Frankston posted:

I'm literally going to explode from anticipation help

extremely same

I have free time right now and it's killing me that I can't ring some eldens right this second

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Charliegrs posted:

I can't wait to do the HAHA gently caress YOU DIE YOU PIECE OF poo poo DIE gently caress YOU BURN IN HELL YOU MOTHER loving PIECE OF poo poo dance when I finally kill a boss that has killed me 25 times in Elden Ring. I can't be the only one that does that? It's a SoulsBorne tradition for me at this point.

bloodborne was my first soulslike, and i live in tokyo so i was playing it in my second language, not knowing what the gently caress was going on, and when i beat cleric beast i went completely apeshit, i think i was on my feet for like 3 mins straight. hell yeah gamer.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Can we take a second to appreciate that From Software are absolute bros and the game is going to launch globally at the same time?

Unfortunately, that happens to be the middle of the night here - but what's even worse, I'll be on my way home from a trip that has been a long time in the making and I didn't anticipate the launch hour then. A grave mistake. I won't be able to play until later in the day. No getting up at 3 am with hollowed eyes in the darkness in front of the screen.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Oenis posted:

Can we take a second to appreciate that From Software are absolute bros and the game is going to launch globally at the same time?

Unfortunately, that happens to be the middle of the night here - but what's even worse, I'll be on my way home from a trip that has been a long time in the making and I didn't anticipate the launch hour then. A grave mistake. I won't be able to play until later in the day. No getting up at 3 am with hollowed eyes in the darkness in front of the screen.

Oh poo poo I thought you meant it’ll release globally at the same like…galactic time, not that those peoples of the Oceanics will be playing the game like a day before the rest of the world. Must stay away from Twitch and YouTube and twitter and essentially the internet on Thursday then.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

this is why god gave us vpns

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Wait you're right, I got it wrong. I thought it would release at the same exact global time everywhere, but apparently that's not the case :(
I guess it's to stagger the onslaught on their servers?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I will be itt at 1am AEDT posting unspoiled game information from the far future and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

JBP posted:

I will be itt at 1am AEDT posting unspoiled game information from the far future and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Oenis posted:

Wait you're right, I got it wrong. I thought it would release at the same exact global time everywhere, but apparently that's not the case :(
I guess it's to stagger the onslaught on their servers?

It's actually really confusing, Steam itself is giving contradictory dates. :v: Also, I'm not sure Steam can actually do staggered-by-time-zone releases like the consoles apparently are.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://i.imgur.com/YTCEK9e.mp4

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

It's actually really confusing, Steam itself is giving contradictory dates. :v: Also, I'm not sure Steam can actually do staggered-by-time-zone releases like the consoles apparently are.

Oh hell naw if it's the general Steam release time it'll practically be Friday evening for me, that is a completely unacceptable additional amount of waiting. :negative:

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Oenis posted:

I hate that poo poo to be honest. Unlike with DS3 where they released midnight at God's timezone (CET) they chose some American timezone so I'll have to wait until noon at least (It launches in the early morning here but I have to wfh AND I have a 3 year old at home). At least choose some Japanese/Australian timezone Fromsoft such that most of us get to play earlier.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

deep dish peat moss posted:

how long after release does it take for the ring to become elden

I’ve been prepping mine for weeks

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

SpaceDrake posted:

Steam can absolutely do releases based on local time. This is something that has happened a lot before, and people often use VPNs to unlock their games early.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The reviews are in

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

you are late to the party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Ive gone hollow, this is me, searching for the Elden Ring: