Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Holy poo poo. :stare:

"Do a barrel roll" indeed. :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

World of Tanks has a world class physics engine as you can see.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Is the Manticore line worth playing at all? I've got the AMX 13 105 unlocked if I want to play light tanks, and I'm also up to T8 on the Soviet and US lights. But I want to love British tanks.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Is the Manticore line worth playing at all? I've got the AMX 13 105 unlocked if I want to play light tanks, and I'm also up to T8 on the Soviet and US lights. But I want to love British tanks.

It's a great line if you are againtst the idea of having fun.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Are they fast enough to have a chance to run up and ram an enemy tank before getting blown up enemy shells?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

It's a great line if you are againtst the idea of having fun.

Well I mean I play World of Tanks so that should tell you something.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Manticore line is fun if you enjoy looking at tanks, because the moment you fire your gun you're dead.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The line is made of clunky, godforsaken abominations with low alpha but accurate and high-ish pen guns. Also very little ammo.
Manti is uh an ELC90 that gets to do 400 damage shots on rare occasions. Also very little ammo.
If you really, really love the Even90 and have enough British blueprint fragments, I guess?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Well I mean I play World of Tanks so that should tell you something.
Well you got me there.

I've just finished with the Tier VIII and almost every battle was "roll up to a bush and read a book".

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeaaaah. That's kinda what I'm afraid of. Man, I want to like British tanks but so far none of them are actually any loving good. I guess I'll start leveling the Caernarvon or something :sigh:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

British lights exist for players that want to play with huge handicap applied against them in order to embarrass others.

The T8 premium though is actually fairly good, at least before the HE changes, I dunno how HE works anymore now.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/Bm9iRab.mp4

Like how my shot tracked them and another players shell did damage before that same shot that tracked them did damage itself.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The best thing to keep in mind about WoT in TYOOL 2022 is "don't care about winning."

It has also been the best thing to keep in mind for many, many preceding years.

Also hi tank goons, I've been playing this stupid game a little again, because I just never loving learn.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Nordick posted:

It has also been the best thing to keep in mind for many, many preceding years.

Also hi tank goons, I've been playing this stupid game a little again, because I just never loving learn.

Atomizer posted:

They always come back.... :getin:

Sayara
May 10, 2009

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Are they fast enough to have a chance to run up and ram an enemy tank before getting blown up enemy shells?

Yes. However you're the lightest Tier X tank in the game, so you'll lose the exchange even against EBR.

I've been playing that line now, and it's a miserable experience. They have few things going for them, and those are marginally better camo, penetration, and gun depression compared to other light lines, and well, only penetration seems to be consistent, and that's only with silver ammo. Others can just push 2 and get better pen than Brights. Oh, and guns are loving derpy to boot, so you're gonna miss that marginally better penning shot. And how about that DPM? Tier 7s, Brit: 1360, Chinese: 1841, US 2086. Same poo poo goes on at every tier. I mean sure, other light lines tier Xes aren't always stellar, but at least the lines tend to have something going for them, at least one tank or something. Like you can have autoloader, being wheeled rear end hole, good gun handling with speed on hills, small assholes with bouncy turrets. Even chinese line has tier VII being great tank, if nothing else. British line has nothing, not a single tank worth playing at all. After Crusader that is, that's not a bad tank for tier VI.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
God dammit, I'm tempted by the Progetto 46 sale since I didn't play during the marathon, and I'd even have a coupon to bring the price down a bit. Someone tell me it's a bad tank, and I shouldn't give WG money, thanks.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Uhh it's a squishy med that launches slow potatoes? Unless you wanna spend 4400 credits for 240 damage.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's probably the best premium tier 8 medium tank.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sayara posted:

God dammit, I'm tempted by the Progetto 46 sale since I didn't play during the marathon, and I'd even have a coupon to bring the price down a bit. Someone tell me it's a bad tank, and I shouldn't give WG money, thanks.

Sorry, but it's one of the most op tier 8 premiums in the game. When WG decided that Italian autoloaders could no longer use gun rammers, they baked a gun rammer reload bonus into the Progetto, so you essentially get four pieces of equipment on it.

And it's great in drat near every other way as well

E: lol ffs, Skill is currently streaming a game where the enemy team has a platoon of _three_ Chieftains. His team has a Type 5 heavy, a Kranvagn and a 60TP.

The Chieftain players are loving godawful but still, amazing work matchmaker.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 25, 2022

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Sorry, but it's one of the most op tier 8 premiums in the game. When WG decided that Italian autoloaders could no longer use gun rammers, they baked a gun rammer reload bonus into the Progetto, so you essentially get four pieces of equipment on it.

And it's great in drat near every other way as well

E: lol ffs, Skill is currently streaming a game where the enemy team has a platoon of _three_ Chieftains. His team has a Type 5 heavy, a Kranvagn and a 60TP.

The Chieftain players are loving godawful but still, amazing work matchmaker.

Well gently caress me then. Maybe I'll forget it while their shop is hosed, can't use my coupon on anything now for some reason.

On the mm thing, I don't think matchmaking can make that platoon fair in any way. Kranvagn, 60TP are at least good tier Xs, and Type 5 is poo poo compared to literally anything else.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hey ah isn't Skill in like the Ukrainian National Guard or something like that?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

That's tough, considering he's Lithuanian.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

BadLlama posted:

He was in the Lithuanian Navy, he speaks a little bit about what's going on in today's video but it's mostly that the whole thing is not great for the region as a whole, life is still normal for him right now, let's talk about videogames instead.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm waiting for Wargaming to get officially sanctioned (and their assets frozen) by the US Government and EU for being a money laundering front for Belarus and Russia. Reminder that WG owns a controlling interest in a loving Cypriot bank: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenic_Bank

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 26, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Finally this game will die and it took only WW3.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

World of Tanks: How Putin Destroyed SerB's Moonbase Dream

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

That's tough, considering he's Lithuanian.

Excellent

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BadLlama posted:

While Skill is indeed Lithuanian, Iyouxin is Ukrainian and had to flee his home to Poland a week or so ago. Good move, considering he would've been conscripted if he'd stayed in Ukraine.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Oh cool, the Char is still in the season pass token shop this time around.
F2Pers even get one piece of bounty equipment, the end must be nigh.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The K-91-PT is still also there, don't sleep on that. It's an insanely fun tank. Extremely fast, the gun is accurate enough, the armour is solid (with the exception of the lower plate) and you can play either as a bush wanker or an assault gun.

In fact the Char Futur and K-91-PT are probably a lot smarter picks than the Cobra or the Lorraine 50t.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Also, the Cobra is too expensive to be bought in a single battle pass season.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah the price is kinda nuts. Unless it receives large buffs before release it still has insanely long loading times and awful armor, which you can't even mitigate by using your gun depression because they cunningly built the oscillating turret's front to be a straight-angled panel of easily penetrable steel.

50 second inter clip reload, 0.38 accuracy and long as balls aim time.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

sauer kraut posted:

F2Pers even get one piece of bounty equipment, the end must be nigh.

They did the last couple passes too though.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

World of Tanks: How Putin Destroyed SerB's Moonbase Dream

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Good riddance, motherfucker.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

All it took was the destruction of a Country.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
This is the only source I've seen corroborating it: https://www.aroged.com/2022/02/26/sergey-burkatovsky-left-wargaming-he-supported-the-russian-operation/

My guess is the rest of the company went :staredog: and threw him under the bus in the hopes the DoJ, FTC and their EU equivalents don't take a good hard look at WG and the Hellenic Bank.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lmfao wow I never thought it would have been so sudden!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

lmfao wow I never thought it would have been so sudden!

When money is on the line, things move quickly.

re;

BIG HEADLINE posted:

This is the only source I've seen corroborating it: https://www.aroged.com/2022/02/26/sergey-burkatovsky-left-wargaming-he-supported-the-russian-operation/

My guess is the rest of the company went :staredog: and threw him under the bus in the hopes the DoJ, FTC and their EU equivalents don't take a good hard look at WG and the Hellenic Bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Good riddance, motherfucker.