Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Scud Hansen posted:

i wish i had posted the standing desk i made out of beer boxes in april 2020 but i lost the photo

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Scud Hansen posted:

can we close the thread so covid will be over

i'm getting push notifications from google photos reminding me its year two and i do not wish to continue thanks

i wish i had posted the standing desk i made out of beer boxes in april 2020 but i lost the photo

Did your boss notice your desk getting lower and lower through the day?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i am targeting the boones farm consumer with my posts

i think that’s referred to as ‘grooming’, and I don’t see a mod star

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

there’s retail in the first floor of my apartment building. we have two small vegetable markets, a convenience store, a korean food market, a tea shop, a photo/printing shop, a liquor and cigarette shop, a pharmacy, a coffee shop, two bars, a gym, a pet shop, a courier service drop off/pickup place, and a hair salon. floors 2-4 are offices. floors 5-31 are residential

what floor do you live on

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

what floor do you live on

29, why?

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

have you ever taken the stairs?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Asleep Style posted:

Back when I worked for a different company I used to walk from the ground floor to the 34th floor roof every day for exercise. It was like 690 stairs, got down to under five minutes too.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
stairs are cool.

my parking space is on the 7th floor of the garage. i took the stairs to it yesterday and did not drive today.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Asleep Style posted:

yeah sometimes for exercise

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sprinted to like the 24th floor of a building once racing a friend in the elevator. someone was waiting on that floor for it so they got to see me kramer out of the stairwell and catch my breath

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

im fascinated by tall buildings. that rules

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

mask mandate ends tomorrow

the last time they ended it it came back in like six weeks. that was before omicron. my bet is three weeks this time

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

mask mandate ends tomorrow

the last time they ended it it came back in like six weeks. that was before omicron. my bet is three weeks this time

it feels like its over this time and no number will change that.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i'm surprised we don't have a rho variant yet

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
puff puff puff, oh me oh my

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

taken from my bedroom

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

post hole digger posted:

it feels like its over this time and no number will change that.

FT literally posted a “it’s just the flu” article today, yeah. covid is donezo unless it magically starts making you instantly poo poo yourself to death

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
28th floor:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my building has a balcony on the 30th floor and it's terrifying out there

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

New Relic's got a big office here on a 27th floor, the views are incredible

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i got this one from the top of a 44 floor building a few years ago too. you don’t usually get to go out on the roof. i ran into an hoa board member in the elevator going up to reboot a weather camera the local news used for a live feed and he offered so i followed him out on the roof and i was climbing around on the ladders over the elevator motor housings in my flip flops. no railings past your shin.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

went into the office today. the firewall was borked so i couldn't get anything done. a+

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

went into the office today. the firewall was borked so i couldn't get anything done. a+

lol the firewall at my office was borked the day after an office move, and that same day my new laptop arrived and intune couldn't VPN in to set itself up

that was like four months ago and I still haven't set that laptop up

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i got this one from the top of a 44 floor building a few years ago too. you don’t usually get to go out on the roof. i ran into an hoa board member in the elevator going up to reboot a weather camera the local news used for a live feed and he offered so i followed him out on the roof and i was climbing around on the ladders over the elevator motor housings in my flip flops. no railings past your shin.

That’s gonna be a no from me.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
tall buildings are wild to see in earthquakes. i was at a press event at the times square sheraton one time, pretty high up, when there was the really minor earthquake tremors there. all of a sudden one of the women from california goes. "wait. i think we're having an earthquake." we all go to look out the window and all the skyscrapers were gently wobbling back and forth

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

there's no building taller than like 20 floors here and they're all the clinic. it's boring.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

nice!

two of my old offices are in this picture. gosh working downtown was pretty cool before this stupid virus.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny 290 posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mediaphage posted:

tall buildings are wild to see in earthquakes. i was at a press event at the times square sheraton one time, pretty high up, when there was the really minor earthquake tremors there. all of a sudden one of the women from california goes. "wait. i think we're having an earthquake." we all go to look out the window and all the skyscrapers were gently wobbling back and forth

In college we lived on the 13th floor of this lovely rear end old building they converted into dorms. While our RA was doing orientation there was a minor earthquake and everyone thought we were going to die.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i've never lived above the 3rd floor, living up that far seems really neat

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I really do not like heights when I'm on the edge of a cliff or balcony or bridge or anything like that. Even leaning out a window several stories up. Very unpleasant.

I don't know why I don't get the same fear when I'm sitting in a tiny airplane, the window open at 3500 feet and my left shoulder against the door. Hell, I've had the door pop open while flying and it's no big deal. Somehow it's different.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

I really do not like heights when I'm on the edge of a cliff or balcony or bridge or anything like that. Even leaning out a window several stories up. Very unpleasant.

I don't know why I don't get the same fear when I'm sitting in a tiny airplane, the window open at 3500 feet and my left shoulder against the door. Hell, I've had the door pop open while flying and it's no big deal. Somehow it's different.

I lived on the 38th floor in the other building that that roof picture is from.

not gonna lie i went up to the balcony railing and hit it as hard as i could with one hand while the other was firmly clamped to the door* to make sure it wouldn't dump me over if i leaned on it. Now that I am on the 28th it's no big deal and also the balconies here are not cantilevered like they were at the last place.

* no way holding on to the door matters if the balcony gives way, but it soothed my lizard brain

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/harrisonfinberg/status/1501899229190574080?t=aFAUQwqVlapukT-_paAFpQ&s=19

Hmm, computer: enhance

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

how are there still dudes advertising their presence to the world with profile pictures this lovely in 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
my mistake, i looked at his Twitter and he's just ugly

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

mediaphage posted:

I was on the 12th floor of my old works building during a 7.1

That was plenty enough for me

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

lmao hes complaining about how it’s terrible for center city but center city blows and is the worst part of philly.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i used to work on the 44th floor of a building in DTLA

it owned until we had to evacuate and the emergency lighting in the stairs was out. evacuating in the dark by phone-light with no knowledge as to why is not a pleasant experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
One time I walked up 10 stories to get to my apartment only to find out the stairwell doors stay locked from the inside.