Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Z2t7nq_sU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Armitag3 posted:

What are you map marker strats? I'll start

skull = boss / hard sob not dead yet, i'll have to come back to later
person = NPC that told me to go somewhere/do something, here they are when you're done with that
diamond = merchant nomads
gate = teleport portholes / dungeons I haven't gone in yet

all others are unnecessary

woah you can change the marker??

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i want to know what happens if you turn down melina i assume it’s just a way to make sure you have a SL1 run

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

echinopsis posted:

hey in elden ring how do you not die

everyone except the lamest of the lame are too hard. i either need to level up or just get better

how do i level up

same echi, same

I actually got through stormveil castle pretty ok that was some good poo poo, particularly the classic "oh poo poo I've got no flasks and if I die I'll go way back so I need to find a bonfire I hope there's one past this big load of bad dudes and I can sneak past them". Tip: if you can get summoned then you can scout a bit which is what I did and it was v. Useful

Then I got completely clowned by Godrick and spent like an hour failing before I realised I was in a From Software trap and I should go away and level up a bit somewhere else.

also gently caress the scythe red guy in the elden hold place, I got him to hear death the first time but every time since he does a mega spin attack and insta kills me from half the room away

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 12, 2022

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

and gently caress those dickhead birds with knives on their feet :mad:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
yeah those birds loving suck

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

leaving early is kind of bad manners in overwatch, you're saying that's less true in tf2?

if you're playing the 12v12 pub mode then literally nobody will notice or care if someone else leaves in the middle of a round.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

the birds are insane

apparently whips handle em good if just melee

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jenny Agutter posted:

you can respec though

R-E-S-P-E-C
Clear out yo-ur bad skill tree
R-E-S-P-E-C
Try out, all melee!

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Ugh any flying enemies in a game you're playing on a joypad with no lock-on can get to fuckery, I just found the big metal birds in H:ZD and while they're not particularly tough, more than one at once is a real pain in the arse as they won't die to a single stealth shot.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 12, 2022

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

NOthing moves the blob!!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

my god those assholes suck

the point i'm in in stormveil i gotta run past six or so of em only to get my rear end kicked by an armor boy, so i'm loving off a while to see if i can turn up any of these bell bearings i've seen mentioned

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

this is beautiful

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Jabor posted:

if you're playing the 12v12 pub mode then literally nobody will notice or care if someone else leaves in the middle of a round.

that is good to know and i'm more likely to try it knowing i can bail, thank you

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

my god those assholes suck

the point i'm in in stormveil i gotta run past six or so of em only to get my rear end kicked by an armor boy, so i'm loving off a while to see if i can turn up any of these bell bearings i've seen mentioned

ah on the rooftops? That's the exact bit that drained all my flasks lol.

birds you can blow up two of them by fire arrowing the barrels, silver boi is a pain in the rear end but after him it's fairly ok until the bit I mentioned where you gotta sneak to get to the next grace

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

birds you can blow up two of them by fire arrowing the barrels, silver boi is a pain in the rear end but after him it's fairly ok until the bit I mentioned where you gotta sneak to get to the next grace

Before the birds and right after leaving the room the grace is in (with the fireplace), you can immediately veer right and see a crack in the chest-high wall (with a couple of loose tiles on the floor). If you sprint jump you'll just make it to the roof below, skipping the whole bird section

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Armitag3 posted:

Before the birds and right after leaving the room the grace is in (with the fireplace), you can immediately veer right and see a crack in the chest-high wall (with a couple of loose tiles on the floor). If you sprint jump you'll just make it to the roof below, skipping the whole bird section

I just enjoyed burning those fuckers tbh, it was the silver knight that wrecked me

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Yeah, I have a really hard time with the heavily armored knights

the birds are way less of a problem

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i literally don't have a bow :doh:

i think i'ma explore around elsewhere anyway, maybe i'll find one or at least a rune farm of some description

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

same echi, same

I actually got through stormveil castle pretty ok that was some good poo poo, particularly the classic "oh poo poo I've got no flasks and if I die I'll go way back so I need to find a bonfire I hope there's one past this big load of bad dudes and I can sneak past them". Tip: if you can get summoned then you can scout a bit which is what I did and it was v. Useful

Then I got completely clowned by Godrick and spent like an hour failing before I realised I was in a From Software trap and I should go away and level up a bit somewhere else.

also gently caress the scythe red guy in the elden hold place, I got him to hear death the first time but every time since he does a mega spin attack and insta kills me from half the room away

I'm at godrick now, he's got some funky hotboxes. Gonna try switching to light armour and two handing, blocking his attacks doesn't feel great as it uses almost my entire stamina bar (and half seem to have a fire component anyway)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i want more of these, just because so many of them involve moving a character around (factorio, dyson sphere program) and i want an omniscient view, as if there was a simfactory

look up shapez.io on steam, might be your jam if it’s not too abstract

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i want more of these, just because so many of them involve moving a character around (factorio, dyson sphere program) and i want an omniscient view, as if there was a simfactory

Yeah agreed, I like the other ones but Factorio was enough. I tried satisfactory and it was fine but first person isn't a great way to play that kind of game. give me transport tycoon where I make the factory too

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

look up shapez.io on steam, might be your jam if it’s not too abstract

this looks really neat, thank you

PokeJoe posted:

Yeah agreed, I like the other ones but Factorio was enough. I tried satisfactory and it was fine but first person isn't a great way to play that kind of game. give me transport tycoon where I make the factory too

i would love one where you scale up orders of magnitude like that, something like factory idle, then transport tycoon, then either a global network or immediately to interplanetary trade. it could be spore, capitalism edition.

Jabor posted:

i started with training mode with bots. i liked the scout, heavy, and healer the most, soldier was okay, demo was okay. having three weapons is throwing me off, as well as not always being on the blue team. i died before running out of ammo every time so that doesn't seem like a big deal. i joined the casual 12v12 mode and joined a match part way through, finished that one, then played most of another. i liked it a lot, both maps were "2fort", and voting for a new map is nice. there was also a lot of voting to ban people which made me a little paranoid, but i just typed "i'm new please help" and people were pretty nice. someone helped me find and use the dispenser to heal. :buddy:

after a while i switched to healer and spent a lot of time pocketing a heavy and our team did well. i liked that it was "capturing intelligence", more fun than "the objective". i will play it again, i definitely want to try the other modes.

i played for 45 minutes and managed to get two achievements:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

, both maps were "2fort",

condolences

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i played TF2 a lot when the orange box came out but it lost me around the introduction of hats

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

i started with training mode with bots. i liked the scout, heavy, and healer the most, soldier was okay, demo was okay. having three weapons is throwing me off, as well as not always being on the blue team. i died before running out of ammo every time so that doesn't seem like a big deal. i joined the casual 12v12 mode and joined a match part way through, finished that one, then played most of another. i liked it a lot, both maps were "2fort", and voting for a new map is nice. there was also a lot of voting to ban people which made me a little paranoid, but i just typed "i'm new please help" and people were pretty nice. someone helped me find and use the dispenser to heal. :buddy:

after a while i switched to healer and spent a lot of time pocketing a heavy and our team did well. i liked that it was "capturing intelligence", more fun than "the objective". i will play it again, i definitely want to try the other modes.

i played for 45 minutes and managed to get two achievements:

Nice!

I love playing soldier but he's not very fun unless you're reasonably confident in your rocket jumping - having the mobility to attack from different angles is a big part of the fun. And other than bullying snipers on the battlements you can't really do much of that on 2fort anyway.

Payload maps are I think what most people end up playing - since you're familiar with overwatch the game mechanic should be pretty recognizable. The average sweatiness of play might be a step up from 2fort though.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I used to be really really good at soldier in TFC, and a lesser extent TF2. I did clan battles and skirmishes poo poo before than was a thing

then I realised I was trans and didn't like the toxic gamer community which has been encouraged and exemplified to this day though modern pro gaming

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I don't play any games online anymore, havent for more than a decade

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxXbHnxglCw

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

PokeJoe posted:

i played TF2 a lot when the orange box came out but it lost me around the introduction of hats

i stopped playing not long after it went f2p. maybe when it added the mann vs machine stuff? sometime around there i stopped playing competitive fpseses because i'm bad

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
coop is still great though, i should play online coop stuff again

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you know what was a fun fps? Red Orchestra. I played a shitload of that game and it was so satisfying to take out a tank with the lovely AT rifle or to go on a t-34 rampage with your friends

PokeJoe fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 13, 2022

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I played so much TFC and CS, competitive clan stuff, ran a server, whole 9

Don't touch multiplayer games anymore

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

so it only goes up from here? that's even better.

Jabor posted:

Nice!

I love playing soldier but he's not very fun unless you're reasonably confident in your rocket jumping - having the mobility to attack from different angles is a big part of the fun. And other than bullying snipers on the battlements you can't really do much of that on 2fort anyway.

Payload maps are I think what most people end up playing - since you're familiar with overwatch the game mechanic should be pretty recognizable. The average sweatiness of play might be a step up from 2fort though.

i definitely want to try the payload mode and the alternate "payload race" mode

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I was pyro for life

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I was pyro for life

when they added the fireaxe that crits burning targets i stopped playing any other class completely

for a brief while i was a monstrous menace to every server i played on and it was glorious

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

@wheezy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i got laughed out of a TFC clan for having a winmodem

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

god that series holds up so well :allears:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sweevo posted:

i got laughed out of a TFC clan for having a winmodem

i got so good at conc jumping as a medic that i was kicked out of several servers for "cheating" that was actually me being too good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

god that series holds up so well :allears:

Imagine what could've been with the attempted Adult Swim show