Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

The_Franz posted:

i got so good at conc jumping as a medic that i was kicked out of several servers for "cheating" that was actually me being too good

i remember when they changed all that stuff to run server-side instead of client-side and all the people who were totally not using scripts for conc/grenade/rocket jumping cried about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sweevo posted:

i remember when they changed all that stuff to run server-side instead of client-side and all the people who were totally not using scripts for conc/grenade/rocket jumping cried about it

no scripts here, it was all skill :smug:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

never really came to grips with conc or rocket jumping in tfc

tf2 demoman tho, they may as well have just given me a jetpack

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

never really came to grips with conc or rocket jumping in tfc

i used to be able to cap the flag by rocket and grenade jumping up the elevator in tfc 2fort

the hardest part was saving health to do it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
at the peak of your rocket jump you released the primed grenade under you, it took so much damage but it didn't matter because you're that good you could avoid anything

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

watching experts like yourself go at it i used to be like "are we even playing the same loving game, here"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

deadringer spy ftw

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

i used to be able to cap the flag by rocket and grenade jumping up the elevator in tfc 2fort

the hardest part was saving health to do it

yeah, the elevator in 2fort required timing the double rocket or grenade jump perfectly. you could conk out of the water and to your team's goal too

once you got good, you flew around that level like a blur

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

The_Franz posted:

yeah, the elevator in 2fort required timing the double rocket or grenade jump perfectly. you could conk out of the water and to your team's goal too

once you got good, you flew around that level like a blur

I flew around like a blur, not because I was good, but I played a lot of tfc on my lovely laptop with really lovely 56k and I would warp all over the place. still had some great gaming

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i played medic in tf2

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

watching experts like yourself go at it i used to be like "are we even playing the same loving game, here"

you can't even jump in FPS games these days

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ciaphas posted:

I used to follow a guy named StabbyStabby when I was trying to learn how to play tf2. I think he was probably the best spy in the game at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nchp9ZsOPfM

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I would usually get like 1-2 ganks off before killing completely destroyed. Half the time i'd accidentally run into the enemy pyro and instant die.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

just tapping fire on everyone you see as a pyro to flush out spies was great

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

You can farm so many kills off bad spies that way.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

the best part was trapping the fuckers in the corner with airblast while their dead ringer expires and watching them contemplate their seconds-away demise by Axtinguisher

degreaser meant that i could do that for a very, very long time too :evilbuddy:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

one spy instantly went into crab pose & stood his ground so i let him go

some things have to be respected

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Ciaphas posted:

when they added the fireaxe that crits burning targets i stopped playing any other class completely

for a brief while i was a monstrous menace to every server i played on and it was glorious

still one of the best frag reels ever made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAKp7Efyu_w

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

aahhh i was looking for that masterpiece

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

"absolutely destroyed that backstab" "spy down" i'm fuckin dead

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

deadringer spy ftw

:mods:

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
gently caress yeah! Capra Demon down!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

started young souls today. art is real good but the loot treadmill is slow and around level 5 enemies started obliterating me with two quick hits

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I was pyro for life

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

this rules, i like the scout and sniper videos too

"i'm not a crazed gunman, i'm an assassin"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coward

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

this rules, i like the scout and sniper videos too

"i'm not a crazed gunman, i'm an assassin"

:yeah:

some of the earlier ones like heavy and arguably demoman were a bit plainer but valve hit its stride real fuckin fast

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Ciaphas posted:

:yeah:

some of the earlier ones like heavy and arguably demoman were a bit plainer but valve hit its stride real fuckin fast

i definitely see where blizzard took notes from valve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onplsJSdp4A

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

TontoCorazon posted:

Imagine what could've been with the attempted Adult Swim show

i wish valve didn't have corporate adhd, a tf2 series or even just a season of shorts would have been rad

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

they should make hl3 instead of some lovely cartoon about a hat shop

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Sweevo posted:

they should make hl3 instead of some lovely cartoon about a hat shop

good news! https://store.steampowered.com/app/546560/HalfLife_Alyx/

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

That's not Half-Life 3, it's Half-Life 2.1 at best.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Half Life 2 Episode 1 is from 2006, actually.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

half life 2 episode 1 and 2 were actually the first two-thirds of half life 3. alyx is half life 4, but because half life 3 was only 0.6, and alyx takes place between 1 and 2, that means alyx is really half life 1.5 + 2.6 = 4.1 so that's a 141% chance of winning GOTY at sacrifice

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

half life 2 episode 1 and 2 were actually the first two-thirds of half life 3. alyx is half life 4, but because half life 3 was only 0.6, and alyx takes place between 1 and 2, that means alyx is really half life 1.5 + 2.6 = 4.1 so that's a 141% chance of winning GOTY at sacrifice

:eyepop:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Sagebrush posted:

this motherfucker did the math!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

half life alyx is really good and I’ve forgotten enough about it since my first play through when it released that I should play through it again

that and boneworks.

VR has some real good shooters drat