Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

I wonder if they're gonna recut that commercial before The Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

RBA Starblade posted:

In the grim darkness of the 21st century there is only Batman

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is that Mary's actress also just being Mary Marvel?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/toastcrust/status/1502000034706952198?s=21

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Promotional material like that makes me question why anyone would want to go into acting. But bless Pattinson for trying to have as much fun with it as he can.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

feedmyleg posted:

Promotional material like that makes me question why anyone would want to go into acting. But bless Pattinson for trying to have as much fun with it as he can.

As of this point I forgive the Twilight movies for being so rear end because they have given us Robert Pattinson doing interviews like this.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
My favorite part of the interviews is Zoe because Rob is so unhinged (in a good way) and she just doesn’t know how to cope.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Everyone posted:

As of this point I forgive the Twilight movies for being so rear end because they have given us Robert Pattinson doing interviews like this.

Pattinson's commentary on the Twilight films is amazing. They're basically RiffTrax.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Dawgstar posted:

Pattinson's commentary on the Twilight films is amazing. They're basically RiffTrax.

God. drat. You. For now making want to see the Twilight movies of my own free will just to see that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Everyone posted:

God. drat. You. For now making want to see the Twilight movies of my own free will just to see that.

It very deftly answers the question "Is he aware <insert awful whatever> about this movie" and yes, he's more than aware.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dawgstar posted:

My dream has been for them to get the Harry Potter kids to do commentaries on them now.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Everyone posted:

I skipped No Time to Die mostly because of Knives Out. Because there was just no loving way a Bond film was going to even approach the chemistry/alchemy Craig and De Armas has in that movie.

Good news: De Armas is in the best part of the movie by a mile and it works well because their chemistry is fantastic.
Bad news: She's only in it for like 15 minutes.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The_Doctor posted:

My dream has been for them to get the Harry Potter kids to do commentaries on them now.

Did you watch the reunion special? It was pretty close to being that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

josh04 posted:

Did you watch the reunion special? It was pretty close to being that.

Is it worth watching in any fashion? Like, does it actually get like that, or are you having a laugh? Because the commercials just looked like DVD bonus features, so I've stayed the gently caress away from it, as I couldn't be asked to give a poo poo about that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

thrawn527 posted:

Is it worth watching in any fashion? Like, does it actually get like that, or are you having a laugh? Because the commercials just looked like DVD bonus features, so I've stayed the gently caress away from it, as I couldn't be asked to give a poo poo about that.

Yeah, I got the impression it was just a self-congratulatory promo time.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

I think it was from that or the promo around it, that we learned 15 year old dan radcliffe was writing love letters to helena bonham carter.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

thrawn527 posted:

It's not a brutal takedown or anything, but the kids reflect a bit on being so in the spotlight at a young age and the director of goblet of fire has a bizarre anecdote about breaking a rib on-set. DVD bonus feature is probably accurate, but like a decent DVD bonus feature.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

josh04 posted:

It's not a brutal takedown or anything, but the kids reflect a bit on being so in the spotlight at a young age and the director of goblet of fire has a bizarre anecdote about breaking a rib on-set. DVD bonus feature is probably accurate, but like a decent DVD bonus feature.

That sounds kind of cool. On a completely different subject, I always wanted a sequel/spin-off of This is the End to follow Emma Watson, Warrior Actress and Destroyer of Penile Statuary.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Everyone posted:

That sounds kind of cool. On a completely different subject, I always wanted a sequel/spin-off of This is the End to follow Emma Watson, Warrior Actress and Destroyer of Penile Statuary.

Supposedly she was grossed out by the antics of Channing and the group and walked off set so I doubt she’d do a sequel but a similar movie maybe. An exploitation/grind house/B movie post apocalyptic horror action would be fun with her in it.

Edit: apparently there were no hard feelings and she came back

Gatts fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 12, 2022

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Gatts posted:

Supposedly she was grossed out by the antics of Channing and the group and walked off set so I doubt she’d do a sequel but a similar movie maybe. An exploitation/grind house/B movie post apocalyptic horror action would be fun with her in it.

Edit: apparently there were no hard feelings and she came back

Is there a reason you mentioned Channing specifically? I only ask, because he’s barely in that movie, and I don’t think they have any scenes together.

But yeah, I remember hearing about how she didn’t really gel well with the way Rogen, McBride, and all of them improv and do their thing. But the original story had her getting angry and storming off set, and then Rogen came out and said that wasn’t true, she was totally professional, that she just didn’t work well with how they did things, but that it happens sometimes when you improv a bunch of poo poo, and no one had any hard feelings, and he was pissed how people were trying to paint her as “difficult” (which I know you weren’t doing).

Interesting story, and annoying how stories always have to get blown up into massive deals, instead of, “It didn’t really work out, but no big deal.” Especially when she’s still really funny in that…very strange movie for her small role.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I just had it pointed out to me that Robert Pattinson is a vampire who turned into a bat, and I'm really annoyed that I didn't think of that.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

thrawn527 posted:

Is there a reason you mentioned Channing specifically? I only ask, because he’s barely in that movie, and I don’t think they have any scenes together.

But yeah, I remember hearing about how she didn’t really gel well with the way Rogen, McBride, and all of them improv and do their thing. But the original story had her getting angry and storming off set, and then Rogen came out and said that wasn’t true, she was totally professional, that she just didn’t work well with how they did things, but that it happens sometimes when you improv a bunch of poo poo, and no one had any hard feelings, and he was pissed how people were trying to paint her as “difficult” (which I know you weren’t doing).

Interesting story, and annoying how stories always have to get blown up into massive deals, instead of, “It didn’t really work out, but no big deal.” Especially when she’s still really funny in that…very strange movie for her small role.

Just mention Channing because the one scene stuck out to me was his and that’s the cannibal scene that did it with her

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Gatts posted:

Just mention Channing because the one scene stuck out to me was his and that’s the cannibal scene that did it with her

But she's not in that scene, right? Unless I'm really misremembering the movie. So how did that scene throw her while filming?

Unless she was supposed to be in that scene, originally?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

thrawn527 posted:

But she's not in that scene, right? Unless I'm really misremembering the movie. So how did that scene throw her while filming?

The rumor is that she was supposed to be but refused to after Channing and McBride ramped the scene up a bit with improv.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

thrawn527 posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/movieweb.com/this-is-the-end-why-emma-watson-walked/amp/

It was the scene involving cannibalism which was the Tatum scene. McBride eats Franco and his posse devour him like zombies

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1503160033508737025

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/clairemax/status/1502743520729214976?s=21

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That's apparently a bootleg, and also it's going to make for some really loving great memes

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's apparently a bootleg, and also it's going to make for some really loving great memes

https://twitter.com/victoria_venery/status/1502745975428816897

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018

I know kojima made the game but the take that higgs is some kind of fated counterpart to sam in death stranding is so bizarre. There are at least two other characters in the game who are more focal antagonists and share more of a destined inevitability than him

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

You can't fool me, somehow Francis York Morgan gained access to Kojima's Twitter account.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Samovar posted:

You can't fool me, somehow Francis York Morgan gained access to Kojima's Twitter account.

You say that like that's not almost certainly what gave Kojima the idea.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Should have said Biggs and Wedge from Final Fantasy.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Kojima himself has said that he doesn't really understand what is happening in Death Stranding and that he just wanted to make some cool moments, work in a lot of his celebrity friends, and create this world. So, it is probably entirely reasonable to assume that he doesn't know the background of the main protagonist.

He has also said that he designed the entire story around nanomachines because they had spent so much time making a realistic shooter and he had a cool idea that involved magic, but they couldn't fit it in without redoing the story and game they spent over a year on, so he just copy and pasted "nanomachines" over "magic" and that shaped the whole series for 20 years.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

https://twitter.com/tony_wright97/status/1503009100799619084?s=21

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

BiggestBatman posted:

I know kojima made the game but the take that higgs is some kind of fated counterpart to sam in death stranding is so bizarre. There are at least two other characters in the game who are more focal antagonists and share more of a destined inevitability than him

Nah, those pizza deliveries make Higgs the truest of all villains.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Goddamn it we already let Toby Maguire into the MCU once, this is just greedy.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Just seen The Batman,it was great….

However,the riddler the penguin and alfred were completely pointless(great makeup on the penguin though)

Great action and special effects,loved gotham,commissioner gordon was great.

The riddles sucked though,very disappointing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Riddler: Dear Batman, I am a letter of the alphabet but also I am a buf that will sting you, what am I?

Batman: Dear God, he's going to attack the bee district!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bees. My god.