Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Propaniac posted:

I had no real idea when that woman's trial was (I would have guessed a few decades later), but she was the only woman I could think of who had been tried for anything, anywhere close to that time frame.

I don't remember her trial being linked to a quote like that, but I grew up in New Bedford, while she was from Fall River (basically the next big town over), so that jumped out instantly given the region (I assumed MA because of Salem) and the year lined up right.

That said, I couldn't come up with the name, my brain just froze. I was sitting there saying "it's probably that serial killer lady from Fall River but I don't know why I can't remember her name". I did the exact same thing recently with Palermo, going "it's the capital of Sicily but gently caress if I remember what that is right now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I'll admit the name crossed my mind but then i threw it out because "I don't see what that had to do with witchcraft

:)

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
is the champ drunk???

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What an awful game played today. Looked like 3 of me or something.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

moonmazed posted:

is the champ drunk???

I do genuinely wonder if she took something for nerves and overdid it (because those were all probably filmed on the same day).

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

From Reddit:

quote:

Hi, it’s Maureen. I really don’t even remember this game at all. I will say that I had a great time this week on Jeopardy!. I ended the week in a spectacular flame out and I am ok with that.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I wouldn't worry too much about her. If she makes the TOC, she'll likely be in a game against Matt and get smoked so badly she'll turn into water vapor after Double Jeopardy.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Island Nation posted:

I wouldn't worry too much about her. If she makes the TOC, she'll likely be in a game against Matt and get smoked so badly she'll turn into water vapor after Double Jeopardy.

I kinda wanted her to win for that reason today.

Was this the worst performance by a multi-time champ ever?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

moonmazed posted:

is the champ drunk???

Yeah I was getting some serious drunk wine mom vibes from her. It looped backed around to be amazing.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah I was getting some serious drunk wine mom vibes from her. It looped backed around to be amazing.

She was certainly having a ball.

Quite the whiplash from "almost too nervous to remain vertical" champ to "yolo wine mom" champ.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Island Nation posted:

Jesus imagine if Amy’s the third player in that game

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

christmas boots posted:

Jesus imagine if Amy’s the third player in that game

No chance in hell they'll set that up in the quarterfinals. The producers will make absolutely certain (barring a upset) they meet in the finals

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lol wine champ owned.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Cape Helles....Danzig?

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
That aerie moment was something

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Getting lay/lie during your interview should cost you $200 :colbert:

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Finally my knowledge of local Celtic punk bands and Battlefield 1 combine for a payoff for final Jeopardy! :v:

"Bay of Suvula" by The Dreadnoughts and the Cape Helles map from Battlefield 1

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I owe that one to The Simpsons.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I was sat there thinking 'Well, it must be whatever peninsula Gallipoli is on...'

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I owe that one to The Simpsons.

Wait, the next one in that stack is called Edna Krabappoli? I've been calling it Crandallopoly!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
https://deadline.com/2022/03/abc-premiere-dates-holey-moley-the-chase-who-do-you-believe-1234978943

So The Chase is being renewed, but notably the new Chasers are not all white men thanks to the addition of Victoria Groce (who is amazing!) (and also Buzzy!).

And in news that's going to make all of us dream for a better world than Sony is going to offer us, Ken is no longer a Chaser.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Looks like the Beast is also out?

I love Buzzy and I'm sure the others will be great, but I really liked the dynamic of Ken, James, and Brad. I hope they get the chance to do more stuff together.

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

HookShot posted:

https://deadline.com/2022/03/abc-premiere-dates-holey-moley-the-chase-who-do-you-believe-1234978943

So The Chase is being renewed, but notably the new Chasers are not all white men thanks to the addition of Victoria Groce (who is amazing!) (and also Buzzy!).

And in news that's going to make all of us dream for a better world than Sony is going to offer us, Ken is no longer a Chaser.

Buzzerblog’s take is that Sony never wanted him to be a chaser, instead wanting to keep him on their shows (First Masterminds, now Jeopardy) and this is reading (but not confirmed) as the first steps to making him the (mostly) full time host

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

HookShot posted:

Victoria Groce? There's a name I recognize--she smokes everyone on BPTrivia.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Spokes posted:

wow, i didn't know Victoria Groce was the one who beat Dave Madden, she might legitimately be the best trivia player on the planet right now. that's a trip

You’re so prescient, old me

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

CPColin posted:

Wait, the next one in that stack is called Edna Krabappoli? I've been calling it Crandallopoly!

Nope, it was always Edna Kraboppoly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeJA2qL8jB4

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

cartoons123 posted:

Buzzerblog’s take is that Sony never wanted him to be a chaser, instead wanting to keep him on their shows (First Masterminds, now Jeopardy) and this is reading (but not confirmed) as the first steps to making him the (mostly) full time host

THIS IS THE KIND OF HOPE I DO NOT WANT IN MY LIFE BECAUSE IT WILL ONLY LEAD TO CRUSHING DISAPPOINTMENT

Orzo posted:

Victoria Groce? There's a name I recognize--she smokes everyone on BPTrivia.

Spokes posted:

You’re so prescient, old me

LOL I literally came to answer that Victoria is probably the best triva player in the world right now.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Why didn't someone tell me!?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

CPColin posted:

Why didn't someone tell me!?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

HookShot posted:

burying the lede, Holey Moley is coming back baby

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Wish I had devoted all these years to putt-putt instead of stupid trivia that never gets me anywhere

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

sitting here just shaking my head at the thought of having to play the chase against brandon blackwell

i would rather face literally any other human being on this earth, past or present. i know this sounds hyperbolic and i'm ready to eat my hat, but just you wait lol

like, he probably doesn't have Victoria's knowledgebase (because no one does) but he is just impossibly fast

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Happy to see Buzzy but sad to see Beast go. Hes perfect for that show. No clue who the two new people are I dont really follow trivia stuff outside jeopardy.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/chases-mark-labbett-says-cant-21399872

I'm never going to stop posting this.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Allegedly one of the UK chasers hosed their cousin.

Allegedly.

They keep aluding to it in The Chase Walshposting but as most of them over are are British I'd imagine they don't wanna get sued.

But yeah, Brandon's run on University Challenge was a loving masterclass on interrupting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca69IzCOgmY

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 16, 2022

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Allegedly one of the UK chasers hosed their cousin.

Allegedly.

He's married to her now, it's not alleging. (second cousins, for anyone counting)

edit: apparently they're now split up. Also he is 27 years older than her.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

it's so funny that this was in response to them casting a SIXTH chaser who turned out to be (finally) a second white man in the lineup lmao

e: celebrities (even c-listers) have such broken brains lol "oh no i might have to go get a real job"

Spokes fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 16, 2022

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I was so disappointed when I first saw the Beast. My brother told me about the show and I'm expecting this hulking scary giant and he's just a scaled up Brit. You can't look like that and go by "the Beast".

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

I was so disappointed when I first saw the Beast. My brother told me about the show and I'm expecting this hulking scary giant and he's just a scaled up Brit. You can't look like that and go by "the Beast".

He’s lost a ton of weight, which is why. When he was on in the UK and the GSN versions he weighed at least double what he does now. And he’s 6’7” or so which gets hidden on the stupid ABC set. The GSN one was designed to emphasize his size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

“a scaled up brit” lmao incredible turn of phrase