Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I used to go with an ex of mine into Sephora. In the men's fragrance's section they had this cologne in a green bottle. When sprayed this stuff smell JUST LIKE fresh cut grass. As in you just got in from cutting the lawn. I thought it was hilarious and didn't buy it at the time. But once they stopped carrying now I want a bottle because I feel like no one would believe a fragrance company made this scent. But now I can't find it. This was circa 2010-2013.

I've gotten Un Jardin Sur Le Toit by Hermes and that's not it. Any clues?

Coredump fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Ok, I was annoyed at first but responding to requests for a higher quality image by taking a phone photo of a higher res screen is pretty great, well done.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Coredump posted:

I used to go with an ex of mine into Sephora. In the men's fragrance's section they had this cologne in a green bottle. When sprayed this stuff smell JUST LIKE fresh cut grass. As in you just got in from cutting the lawn. I thought it was hilarious and didn't buy it at the time. But once they stopped carrying now I want a bottle because I feel like no one would believe a fragrance company made this scent. But now I can't find it. This was circa 2010-2013.

Lucky You? Calvin Klein - Truth for Men?
Oh, what about a Lacoste one? Lacoste Essential is pretty grassy-herbal, and even "Eau de Lacoste L.12.12. Green" could generate those vibes, too.
Minimally green: I think some Sephoras used to carry Demeter fragrances at one point? We could be talking Grass, Pruning Shears, etc.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Scarodactyl posted:

Ok, I was annoyed at first but responding to requests for a higher quality image by taking a phone photo of a higher res screen is pretty great, well done.

Afaik you can't actually screenshot netflix. I tried to get a better picture on my phone but all it did was screenshot the cc

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Scarodactyl posted:

I tried man, I tried.

Maybe this'll help, courtesy of the book thread guys.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Looks like The New XXXX Terror to me

e: ok that pastebin only had The New Complete Terrorist, whish isn't it

But it could be The New Bull Terrier?

Having said that, the cover looks nothing alike, so unless there was a different edition that probably isn't it

Do they sometimes use prop books that don't exist or have real titles, to avoid inadvertant placement, or is that just for brands?

Ichabod Sexbeast fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 22, 2022

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Looks like The New XXXX Terror to me

e: ok that pastebin only had The New Complete Terrorist, whish isn't it

But it could be The New Bull Terrier?

Having said that, the cover looks nothing alike, so unless there was a different edition that probably isn't it

Do they sometimes use prop books that don't exist or have real titles, to avoid inadvertant placement, or is that just for brands?

It's possible but it's not like the book receives any significant time on screen, it's less than five seconds and he's not even holding it. So I doubt they'd go through the effort for this particular scene.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I tried man, I tried.

Maybe this'll help, courtesy of the book thread guys.

Third word is "Review".

I actually had an easier time reading it by tilting my head and looking at the original image.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Lucky You? Calvin Klein - Truth for Men?
Oh, what about a Lacoste one? Lacoste Essential is pretty grassy-herbal, and even "Eau de Lacoste L.12.12. Green" could generate those vibes, too.
Minimally green: I think some Sephoras used to carry Demeter fragrances at one point? We could be talking Grass, Pruning Shears, etc.

I've just bought a travel size of Marc Jacobs Grass to continue my search.
Lucky You was $20 so I bought that too.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Splicer posted:

Is that the one where there's a woman doing a jigsaw puzzle and it's a picture from behind her of her doing the puzzle?

Yeah it's an isometric view of her from inside the house doing the puzzle, then that thing screams and breaks the windows out and looks over her in first person, the she looks at it and it cuts

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

here's a crop of the frame from a 1080 BR rip

here's that same crop blown up 4x and cropped a little further

I found 2k rips of the later seasons, but not the first season

ironically, the photograph might be the better source to work from, it's brighter at least

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

hexwren posted:

here's a crop of the frame from a 1080 BR rip

here's that same crop blown up 4x and cropped a little further

I found 2k rips of the later seasons, but not the first season

ironically, the photograph might be the better source to work from, it's brighter at least

I took that, did an AI upscale, and cropped and rotated it and it's practically legible, someone might be able to make this out

THE
NEW
REV???
???????

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I keep seeing THE NEW HEGEL

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The image, is that a japanese pagoda?

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

THE
NEW
??????
TREASURY

is what it looks like to me.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I know I can't be right, but I don't think the second word is 'new'.

The only reason I say this is that even with the perspective the word below THE seems longer than 3 letters. I want to almost say it's MENS or NEWS.

edit: Straightened out cover looks like a fiery sun or ball of flame. If so, it ties into the title?

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 23, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The New _____ Training or Trading?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

THE NEW ELE- ???

Canteen Medal
Apr 24, 2011
Could be The new revolutionaries;: A handbook of the international radical left

https://www.amazon.com/new-revolutionaries-handbook-international-radical/dp/B0006DXE6S

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Canteen Medal posted:

Could be The new revolutionaries;: A handbook of the international radical left

https://www.amazon.com/new-revolutionaries-handbook-international-radical/dp/B0006DXE6S

Talk about burying the lede!

Good work.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
That's 100% it.

I was convinced for a while it was "The New Revolution" split up over multiple lines, but I didn't think of trying "revolutionaries."

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dr. Quarex posted:

I keep seeing THE NEW HEGEL

Turns out you should have turned it on its head

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

nice! feeling good about my guess now :v:

TIP posted:

THE
NEW
REV???
???????

the fact that they split the word revolutionaries really upped the difficulty

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

oops

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

you're a little late

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

TIP posted:

you're a little late

Aww. :(

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Awesome, thanks guys.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

so here's one that's been bugging me for a bit

there's not really a more individualized thread to take this to, even in the music forums, because I'm trying to find a specific photo of a group - or at least one that matches what I remember

so I had a stack of issues of keyboard magazine back in the day, pinched from an ignored cabinet in my high school's band room - being a prog rock nerd, this was extremely good poo poo

but the thing that's stuck in my memory lately was something I stumbled across in one of the issues: the magazine's article that went "what's with this craaaaaaaazy new industrial music?!?"

specifically, a photo of one of the groups described where they're both wearing one of the goofiest outfits I've ever seen. It was a photo of two guys facing each other, racks of keyboards between them, and they're wearing motorcycle helmets - the sort where you can lift the entire front half up. So they're both in these half-lifted motorcycle helmets and wearing like...spandex bike shorts? the helmets are a definite, the shorts I may be cross-pollinating from, like, jesus jones or something

I initially thought it was front 242. no dice. googled around for FLA, die krupps, nitzer ebb, all the sorts of bands from the period that it might be

so if anyone can track down this dork-rear end photo or at least sort out who I was thinking of, that'd be great

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Was it literally titled "Keyboard Magazine" and can you narrow down when it would have been published?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

yes and probably 1990-95

e: actually, it may be this 1989 issue I've just encountered while doing some more searching

ee: that is to say, I encountered it online, this isn't my photo, I can't just open it and look inside

hexwren fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 23, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I posted about a book in the Book Barn thread many moons ago, but haven't found it - so here it is again:

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

A long time ago, as these things usually go, dating back to when I was between 4 and 8-10 - I had a favorite story. Unfortunately, I only remember a few things about it:
It's a story told in third person, I think, and is about two cats who decide that they want fish, so they jump aboard a fishing boat just as it's about to leave, and it quickly develops that there's actually a storm coming and so the cats spend part of a, to my kids mind, terrifying night in a storm. However, at the end of it, the cats are alright and they are served meatballs by the ships cook.

The rub is that I had this story in Danish as an audiobook on cassette. I think, through inference of what I remember it looking like, it might have been released/distributed by ELAP in Denmark. My previous attempts at locating the book through the local library and their contacts, and even phoning up ELAP, have all been unsuccessful.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Coredump posted:

Joop Go? Green bottle, I can't remember what it smells like though.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’m loving the CSI style ZOOM AND ENHANCE on that book. Good work. Wish there was a whole thread of pixelated book titles to mystery solve.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Joop Go? Green bottle, I can't remember what it smells like though.

I'll add this one to the list. I'm gonna have a collection of funky scents at this rate.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

hexwren posted:

so here's one that's been bugging me for a bit

there's not really a more individualized thread to take this to, even in the music forums, because I'm trying to find a specific photo of a group - or at least one that matches what I remember

so I had a stack of issues of keyboard magazine back in the day, pinched from an ignored cabinet in my high school's band room - being a prog rock nerd, this was extremely good poo poo

but the thing that's stuck in my memory lately was something I stumbled across in one of the issues: the magazine's article that went "what's with this craaaaaaaazy new industrial music?!?"

specifically, a photo of one of the groups described where they're both wearing one of the goofiest outfits I've ever seen. It was a photo of two guys facing each other, racks of keyboards between them, and they're wearing motorcycle helmets - the sort where you can lift the entire front half up. So they're both in these half-lifted motorcycle helmets and wearing like...spandex bike shorts? the helmets are a definite, the shorts I may be cross-pollinating from, like, jesus jones or something

I initially thought it was front 242. no dice. googled around for FLA, die krupps, nitzer ebb, all the sorts of bands from the period that it might be

so if anyone can track down this dork-rear end photo or at least sort out who I was thinking of, that'd be great

Dont know if it's them but skinny puppy was still active in that era and would do weird dress up stuff (more goth makeup and leather but it might still apply)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Scaramouche posted:

Dont know if it's them but skinny puppy was still active in that era and would do weird dress up stuff (more goth makeup and leather but it might still apply)

I did also do an image search for them but didn't come up with anything similar

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
There was a board game I had as a child that I have never been able to find:

- it was probably meant for older kids and educational
- I bought it in western Canada in the early 90s
- I believe it was similar to cranium in that there were different types of challenge (trivia, charades, Pictionary, maaaaybe clay molding?, etc.)
- the game had some kind of cartoon character mascot team. I feel like they were either alien or microorganism type things. They were called The _____s. I think it may have been The Wits. Something to do with intelligence or cunning. I think they each had a specialty related to the game, like the nerdy scientist "Wit" was involved with the trivia aspect of the game

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A tv show or movie clip or maybe youtube video where someone had a skeleton keychain like this hanging from their rearview mirror.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

A tv show or movie clip or maybe youtube video where someone had a skeleton keychain like this hanging from their rearview mirror.

The Bone Collector?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That terrible denzel movie? No it wasn't that