Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Panfilo posted:

Pretty clever gambit by a reactionary athlete that gets to ride on a wave of mediocrity by focusing the narrative on how she was denied her chance of victory. Without a trans swimmer present Reka would have been irrelevant but now she gets to center the issue on her without having to do anything differently.

My favorite part of her open letter is where she says "I know people will say that I should've just tried harder and swam better but this situation is totally different." It's like, there's 15 other cis women who swam better than her and made it to the finals, the situation is absolutely no different than if it had just been another cis woman.

spacemang_spliff posted:

is the person with the big chin and long hair supposed to be trans?

they look like a badass wrestler?

Yeah it's supposed to be Lia Thomas, that's why she's wearing goggles and a swim cap to the deli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Culture war is a hell of a drug

All of our systems and institutions are thoroughly broken, our government is completely corrupt, the climate apocalypse is only getting more certain, and we're on the verge of WW3, but sure let's focus on this 17th-place swimmer's grievance that she feels she should be in 16th place, great use of our collective time and energy

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

the joke is that danzig wants some salami, op

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Twelve by Pies posted:

My favorite part of her open letter is where she says "I know people will say that I should've just tried harder and swam better but this situation is totally different." It's like, there's 15 other cis women who swam better than her and made it to the finals, the situation is absolutely no different than if it had just been another cis woman.

She says that to get ahead of that statement and implore reactionaries to shut it down. That way when it gets brought up they'll reflexively say "it doesn't matter".

This also makes me wonder how many other fence sitters there are waiting to see which way the wind is blowing on this issue. Probably not all of them like TERFs and reactionaries want to believe, but some that might try to come off as moderate at the expense of Lia regardless.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

this is just him making GBS threads on lia thomas.

e:f;b.

Mr. Nice! has issued a correction as of 15:28 on Mar 23, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

spacemang_spliff posted:

this dude actually sucks at drawing lol like the shapes and everything are fine

the shapes are pretty bad, OP

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Panfilo posted:

She says that to get ahead of that statement and implore reactionaries to shut it down. That way when it gets brought up they'll reflexively say "it doesn't matter".

This also makes me wonder how many other fence sitters there are waiting to see which way the wind is blowing on this issue. Probably not all of them like TERFs and reactionaries want to believe, but some that might try to come off as moderate at the expense of Lia regardless.

The woman who came in third wrote a letter of support for Lia, sore losers always whine the hardest

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
also, lia won only one race. a cisgender woman won 6 ncaa titles that day including beating lia.

people are just being lovely to be lovely to one of the smallest minority groups in the nation because it's a distraction.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the perception of trans women as universally 7-foot musclebound hulks seems to be limited to people who are currently morally panicking about sports, too

even when they're doing another trans-based moral panic (eg bathrooms) the perception is a bald middle-aged dude sporting 200 pounds of fat or something

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
I support old fat trans people too

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
While I was getting the info on that swimmer who was complaining about Lia Thomas, I also found out that DeSantis was so mad she won that he declared the second place swimmer to be the champion.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

While I was getting the info on that swimmer who was complaining about Lia Thomas, I also found out that DeSantis was so mad she won that he declared the second place swimmer to be the champion.

hes just upholding the longstanding tradition of First is the Worst, Second is the Best

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

loquacius posted:

the perception of trans women as universally 7-foot musclebound hulks seems to be limited to people who are currently morally panicking about sports, too

even when they're doing another trans-based moral panic (eg bathrooms) the perception is a bald middle-aged dude sporting 200 pounds of fat or something

"Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak."

:umberto:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
also notice how they're all silent about the flipside of this. mack beggs has absolutely destroyed his competition and won two state wrestling titles in texas because they refuse to let him compete with other boys. in his case, it's literally a young man out there wrestling women into the loving dirt because they're treating him as if he's a girl.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

also notice how they're all silent about the flipside of this. mack beggs has absolutely destroyed his competition and won two state wrestling titles in texas because they refuse to let him compete with other boys. in his case, it's literally a young man out there wrestling women into the loving dirt because they're treating him as if he's a girl.

On the contrary, you can find a few very confused commentators who are apparently under the impression he's a trans woman and are very mad about it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

libs should also be wearing a suit and top hat IMO

Jolly Guy
Sep 24, 2011

Quick and dirty.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/drybonescartoon/status/1506751390386860032

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I can't tell if he thinks those are positive or negative terms.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ikanreed posted:

I can't tell if he thinks those are positive or negative terms.

It’s pretty obvious to me

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Why is he tagging this the great reset?
It's he... Does he think the Jewish cabal is real and it's based in Israel?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
#prophecy.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

HootTheOwl posted:

Revisionist Zionists agree with Nazis that Judeobolshevism is real and destroying western civilization

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
proof dry bones guy can still “draw” his “comics” instead of having lost his hands in a hilariously comedic accident proves god is not just or kind

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

God is a shitposter

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HootTheOwl posted:

yes, a major part of zionism's modern revisionist branch that guys like him are in is to functionally go 'yes the Jewish cabal is real, and it's simply wonderful, all Jews should come to Israel and be a part of it'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You really haven't talked to a zionist until you've had some little old lady functionally tell you 'well lots of other groups got to run the world in the shadows, why not give us a chance after all the poo poo we've been through' completely unironically. Just reading Stormfront bullshit about your actual people and going 'yes, correct'.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Didn't that happen in Japan? Like they read the Protocols of Zion and were like "dang we got to get us some Jews they have magic powers"

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

projecthalaxy posted:

Didn't that happen in Japan? Like they read the Protocols of Zion and were like "dang we got to get us some Jews they have magic powers"

basically. they read them and went "oh because this is an international cabal of people who run finance, if we import a bunch of poor jewish people and let them live here they'll favour imperial japan with prosperity". iirc some people were saved from the holocaust because of this impulse.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

projecthalaxy posted:

Yes.
The Nazis told them about Antisemitism and they said "This sounds powerful. We must emulate their power"

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

You really haven't talked to a zionist until you've had some little old lady functionally tell you 'well lots of other groups got to run the world in the shadows, why not give us a chance after all the poo poo we've been through' completely unironically. Just reading Stormfront bullshit about your actual people and going 'yes, correct'.

It's bizarre, because it's literally an old Jewish joke

quote:

Two Jewish men sat on a park bench reading newspapers. One man, reading the Jewish Telegraph, was astonished to see his friend reading the Nazi Press.

“How can you, a Jew, read that garbage?” he questioned.

“Why not?” replied the other. “When I read Jewish newspapers, all I read about is anti-Semitism, vandalism and how everybody hates us. But when I read the Nazi newspaper, I see only good things. We Jews own Hollywood, we control the media and we are all doctors, lawyers and bankers. I really start to feel good!”

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
if Jews controlled the world, I'd be doing better things than shitposting

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Cloks posted:

if Jews controlled the world, I'd be doing better things than shitposting

yes same why can't I get a new job, come on guys

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cloks posted:

the shapes are pretty bad, OP

lol

thats true

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mr. Nice! posted:

also, lia won only one race. a cisgender woman won 6 ncaa titles that day including beating lia.

people are just being lovely to be lovely to one of the smallest minority groups in the nation because it's a distraction.

yeah and like transwomen are allowed in the olympics but for some reason they're not cleaning up the golds like you would expect if the culture warriors are right.

there was one trans weight lifter in 2020 and she didn't even finish her set and was disqualified, which again is the opposite result you would expect

also like I don't believe for a minute that the people most vocal about it give a poo poo about women's sports or actually watch any of it. how many culture warriors are taking time off of work to spend all day watching the women's ncaa basketball tourney

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
seriously if it's any measurable advantage then it would be showing up in all sports, trans women would be dominating every form of women's athletics and they're just not, at all, anywhere :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

seriously if it's any measurable advantage then it would be showing up in all sports, trans women would be dominating every form of women's athletics and they're just not, at all, anywhere :confused:

Ah, but have you considered that feelings don’t care about your facts, lib :colbert: