Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I think some of the 2010's Spurs did it as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I think some of the 2010's Spurs did it as well

2010 and 2013, yeah

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Weird question/observation:

Unless Chris Paul or Devin Booker get pretty hot over the last eight games, the Suns will end the season with no players reaching 10 Win Shares. Has that ever happened on a 60-win team?

Nuggets got close with 57 wins, their WS leader was sophomore season Kenneth Faried

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I thought the champion Raps would qualify but they were two wins short

https://twitter.com/richierandall/status/1507523460817248259?s=21&t=LDIInzBDzjnH3Zffs0wfdA

Go Hornets

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/nbatv/status/1507509855308767233?s=21&t=4xlsdADSX3rNqaxQx0KnPQ

Very rude

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Nuggets got close with 57 wins, their WS leader was sophomore season Kenneth Faried

For close the 58 win champ Raptors “only” got 9.5 from Kawhi due to load management.

The following bubble year, they finished 53-19 which is a 60 win pace and they were led by Lowry who was on pace for 8.8.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

More like Rui Hachimachi

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I love Rui

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

morestuff posted:

I thought the champion Raps would qualify but they were two wins short

https://twitter.com/richierandall/status/1507523460817248259?s=21&t=LDIInzBDzjnH3Zffs0wfdA

Go Hornets

I love IT

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The number of people acting like Monty isn't coaching the poo poo out of the Suns is staggering to me. Monty is COY and it isn't particularly close. What the gently caress thread?

COY is usually shorthand for "coach whose team most exceeded expectations." Not gonna happen with the defending western conference champs unless they had an all-time season.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

COY is usually shorthand for "coach whose team most exceeded expectations." Not gonna happen with the defending western conference champs unless they had an all-time season.
It's also shorthand for "Coach who is going to lose his job sometime in the next 12-18 months".

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is the Wiggins All Star Starter the worst example in recent history? It has to usurp Jamaal Magloire right? He probably wasn't even a starter.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is the Wiggins All Star Starter the worst example in recent history? It has to usurp Jamaal Magloire right? He probably wasn't even a starter.

It should have been SGA instead of Wiggins. A travesty

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

It's also shorthand for "Coach who is going to lose his job sometime in the next 12-18 months".

That generally goes hand in hand with the exceeding expectations part. Coach looks great when the team overachieves, but then they take the fall when regression hits and the team returns to their true level or can’t live up to new and unfairly raised expectations.

pseudodragon fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 26, 2022

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Hey give Wiggins some credit, this is his best season ever. He finally looks like a below average player

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

i am a moron posted:

Hey give Wiggins some credit, this is his best season ever. He finally looks like a below average player

His post ASG splits are pretty bad my dude.

In other news, The Heat huh?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Well then it's loving stupid he didn't win last year!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Salvor_Hardin posted:

thank goodness all star voting is done before the all star break then

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I think Monty will win. Everyone likes him and they'll feel bad he didn't win it last year.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ammanas posted:

thank goodness all star voting is done before the all star break then

Retrospective all star selection jokes can factor in performance after the fact I think

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Salvor_Hardin posted:

In other news, The Heat huh?

My post was not a compliment, anyone thinking Wiggins finally turned the corner eight years into his career is dumb imo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/Courtney_SiskTV/status/1507556080263467011

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1507544276531564548

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Ja is out at least two weeks. Hopefully he’s healthy for the playoffs

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

i am a moron posted:

My post was not a compliment, anyone thinking Wiggins finally turned the corner eight years into his career is dumb imo

I just re-read your post and feel dumb.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It’s a shame so many other teams had such a tanking head start on the Blazers. This lineup has what it takes to be the worst in the league.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

leftist heap posted:

It’s a shame so many other teams had such a tanking head start on the Blazers. This lineup has what it takes to be the worst in the league.

Barely matters with the new flat odds unless you’re outside the bottom eight or so

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Worst record is a locked in top 5 pick. Well worth it if you expect a deep draft.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I post that, as an eternally decaying pistons fan, comparing the Rockets' remaining SRS to the Pistons'

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

leftist heap posted:

I said this before but they are the worst team I've ever seen win a NBA game.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

dokmo posted:

I said this before but they are the worst team I've ever seen win a NBA game.

Does this mean Billups is overperforming, or that the Blazers win weird basketball games?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Forrest on Fire posted:

Does this mean Billups is overperforming, or that the Blazers win weird basketball games?

I think its more that The Knicks are capable of losing any game on a given night.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Why is the entire heat roster listed as day to day?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Strained their muscles trying to hold Jimmy Butler back from Udonis Haslem

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

a new study bible! posted:

Viral outbreak of Heat Culture

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

a new study bible! posted:

Jimmy could strike anyone, anytime.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Heat Culture is contagious

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/JeffMcDev/status/1507820203337564168

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

Jimmy could strike anyone, anytime.

https://twitter.com/marcjspears/status/1507844274859110401?s=21&t=YxHu-ip2msAPws4cgFmUGw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Pro tip when Jimmy wants to fight you, you should fight him