Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tzen posted:

lol reminds me of Psaki's twitter post about her second covid infection
"I took a PCR test this morning. That test came back positive,"
Positive of what Psaki!?

A lot of Americans wish they could get same‐day turnaround on tests.

Now they won’t be able to get tests at all because the money printer broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Tulip posted:

Supporting mask selfies here

(yes that does pass sweet test, negative pressure, and positive pressure)
:perfect:
i really should get a visor, been posting about it for a year+ but just haven't bothered

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Platystemon posted:

A lot of Americans wish they could get same‐day turnaround on tests.

Now they won’t be able to get tests at all because the money printer broke.
i will say, a week or so ago, toddler came down with something, we took home tests, all negative, went to the PCR location and got tested as well
and because no one is bothering to PCR test, there was no line, and we got our results back within 24 hours lol
negatives across the board, thanks random daycare disease/virus that isn't covid

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Line up everyone who has written a covid-related opinion piece for the NYT and shoot them in the back of the head. Really summon the ghost of Vasily Blokhin. We need him again.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
I wonder how long it will be before I hear about a celebrity death and don't think "covid stroke?"

anyway, :rip: Taylor Hawkins

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol more gdc news. everyone has lost their god damned minds

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1507555371648368647?t=5ROvsIcl20rcgCRCGrrHww&s=19

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Glumwheels posted:

My wife is adamant about going to Europe to visit her parents this summer, it’s been 3 years since we saw them. Currently they have 29k cases a day and guess what, my in-laws all got COVID this week.

They were very careful but only saved because they never leave the house. However, my SIL put her kid in daycare two weeks ago and a teacher popped positive. Even after they knew that they didn’t isolate him or wear masks. Then when he had symptoms they didn’t isolate him or wear masks at that time. They did a rapid test (negative) then called their geriatric pediatrician (who they swear is brilliant but I never got that impression the time we took our daughter to her). The pediatrician told them it’s probably not COVID (even after the kid was exposed at daycare and had a fever).

I’m really not interested in risking it nor being around that kid and my SIL (who’s not been careful whatsoever). I chalk it all up to people no longer caring, 2 years was too much and people just gave up.

I’m just floored that we have hardly any cases (supposedly) around king county yet over in Europe it’s exploding. Is it because no one is bothering to get tested and the reporting shennanagins?

Snohomish County just to the north seems to be exploding according to the wastewater data, up 768% in the last 15 days if I'm reading this right.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#wastewater-surveillance

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Strep Vote posted:

every unmasked face is a gun pointing at me and every smiling jackass is saying "don't worry it's not loaded"

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

fosborb posted:

I wonder how long it will be before I hear about a celebrity death and don't think "covid stroke?"

anyway, :rip: Taylor Hawkins
lol first thing that came to mind when i saw that headline

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1507595506746372096?s=20&t=IVN8JuablrcFaIZnTnDLdQ

A federal judge in Texas in January issued a preliminary injunction barring the Navy from acting against the sailors. The Biden administration said it was not asking the Supreme Court to block parts of the lower court order barring the sailors from being disciplined or discharged but only the requirement that their assignments be made without considering their vaccination status. That requirement posed intolerable risks to safety and mission success

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Tzen posted:

lol first thing that came to mind when i saw that headline

Covid is over so my friends assume it's a drug overdose

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
my religion is the one where people aren't allowed to protect themselves from disease

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1507595506746372096?s=20&t=IVN8JuablrcFaIZnTnDLdQ

A federal judge in Texas in January issued a preliminary injunction barring the Navy from acting against the sailors. The Biden administration said it was not asking the Supreme Court to block parts of the lower court order barring the sailors from being disciplined or discharged but only the requirement that their assignments be made without considering their vaccination status. That requirement posed intolerable risks to safety and mission success
If this is the case I’m thinking of, there was a battleship involved that was being headed by an insane antivaxxer who was profoundly unhinged and incompetent in many other ways too. His superiors couldn’t reassign him because he was claiming it was religious discrimination, and that one federal judge backed him. So since the alternative was to send a ship run by a complete dipshit out into the field, they simply kept the ship in the port. Which, just, lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Lacrosse posted:

I mean that's a pretty good guess. dude put himself into a coma for two weeks twenty years ago

but also, they cancelled that one show because a single person in the "foo fighters organization" had covid and you just have to wonder

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

^^^a'yup

Lacrosse posted:

https://twitter.com/foofighters/status/1415461165631557632
did they ever announce who actually got covid or did they keep it vague because it was family members/crew members/etc?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I spent most of the day listening to Kom Susser Tod when trying to manage horrible work, fighting against in person lunches and having people complaining at me about stupid bugs while I'm trying to talk down a suicidal friend. Everything is so absurdly stupid.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zugzwang posted:

If this is the case I’m thinking of, there was a battleship involved that was being headed by an insane antivaxxer who was profoundly unhinged and incompetent in many other ways too. His superiors couldn’t reassign him because he was claiming it was religious discrimination, and that one federal judge backed him. So since the alternative was to send a ship run by a complete dipshit out into the field, they simply kept the ship in the port. Which, just, lol

He was holding a multibillion dollar warship hostage.

Very cool and perfectly legal.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Shiroc posted:

I spent most of the day listening to Kom Susser Tod when trying to manage horrible work, fighting against in person lunches and having people complaining at me about stupid bugs while I'm trying to talk down a suicidal friend. Everything is so absurdly stupid.
between Encanto / Coco / Frozen 1&2 soundtracks, i'll listen to house music or other poo poo when my first grader is in the car with me
i went on a EVANGELION FINALLY kick for a while and now when KOMM, SUSSER TOD comes on my child belts it out
"daddy, lets listen to the robot music!"
it's amazing and terrifying lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

to quote the op lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQiHzcdUPAU

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Shiroc posted:

I read the youtube comments for that video and lol

quote:

Thumbs up for shinji for applying sun cream on asuka so the sun doesn't burn her, what a nice man

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Platystemon posted:

He was holding a multibillion dollar warship hostage.

Very cool and perfectly legal.
We couldn’t force him to violate his Roganist faith, could we?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

oh word?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zugzwang posted:

why not just fire the guy and if a judge disagrees he can come enforce his ruling with his navy

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Tzen posted:

^^^a'yup

https://twitter.com/foofighters/status/1415461165631557632
did they ever announce who actually got covid or did they keep it vague because it was family members/crew members/etc?

It feels like the phrase "out of an abundance of caution" has lost all meaning at this point

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The house is on fire.

Out of an abundance of caution, I am calling the fire department.

Jingoro
May 13, 2003
Yarrrrr...beware the chicken waters, matey...

I was just thinking about how the golden record on Voyager is basically our shitpost to the universe.

Shiroc posted:

That song really is a whole entire mood.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My posting here is academic, I’ve long since accepted in my personal life that this is an eternal event and things will never get better. Take up cycling, birding, and build a mame cocktail table. Worked for me.

Like arcade mame? Got any pictures or how-to docs?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nocturtle posted:

One thought is to couple a fan to a window 24/7 in an attempt to keep the apartment interior at positive pressure wrt the hallway. This might make air flow "out" into the hallway whenever the door is opened, though I'm skeptical as to how effective this would really be.

I put a fan next to an open window, blowing into the room, no kind of seal between the fan and the window, and that's already enough positive pressure that the front door to the shared hallway will close of its own accord.

It really doesn't take much.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
hey so the director of Mission Impossible 7 had to be hospitalized for COVID

https://theplaylist.net/covid-mission-impossible-7-cruise-mcquarrie-20220324/

production sounds crazy

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7079250869442825518

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1507634559562633220?t=pkVCjTo1ffRxG6k23P71PA&s=19

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Reddit is talking about upper room far UV sterilization, but they are Very Concerned about the implications.

quote:

The real question is: is this a good thing?

We interact with the microbiome in our environment in ways that we're only just starting to understand. It would be a shame if our desire to be safe lead to an increase in illness or other problems.

Do we, for example, need a constant, low-load exposure to certain pathogens in order to maintain broader immunities?

quote:

Should only be used in hospitals id say. Most microbes are harmless/less harmful. Removing them would leave room for more harmful microbes taking root.

quote:

Yep. If we rid the area of the 98%, then the super-resistant 2% that survives gets to breed without competition.

“I’m so much smarter than those germs. Why didn’t they think about evolving resistance to ionizing radiation before?”

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Jingoro posted:

I was just thinking about how the golden record on Voyager is basically our shitpost to the universe.

its dick pics and a mix tape iirc

edit: and directions to our house

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
hawaiis mask mandate is now officially over! :toot:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
No fear guys! The Ohio Department of Health has declared that BA2 is not a threat!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Thoguh posted:

That's right mother fuckers. Zika. She's gotta get tested to see if she caught Zika in the Dominican.

Pfffft zika is over, has been for like 6 years, only existed until the Rio olympics

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1507647738166579201

drugs or covid?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Dave strikes again

joethesurly
Mar 10, 2012

Why Am I So Tired posted:

This is probably the clearest set of instructions I've found:

These are the filters I got (they're 30"x20"x1" instead of 20"x20"x1", but were the same price as the smaller ones)
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nordic-Pure-20-in-x-30-in-x-1-in-Ultimate-Pleated-MERV-13-Air-Filter-6-Pack-20x30x1M13-6/306131134

And this is the fan (this model seems to pop up in a lot of instructions):
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lasko-20-in-3-Speed-White-Box-Fan-with-Save-Smart-Technology-for-Energy-Efficiency-B20201/203072133

I know this is a while back, but thanks.

This is legit the best source of info on COVID anywhere and I can't thank you goons enough.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
how are peoples RAT hoards looking? I’m wondering if I should try to stock up for the summer since they’re easy to get now, but it’s hard to figure out the expiration date before you get them

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

gorgeous op, faithful thread rebirth

8/10 no ring but good work :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Joementum posted:

how are peoples RAT hoards looking? I’m wondering if I should try to stock up for the summer since they’re easy to get now, but it’s hard to figure out the expiration date before you get them

Tacking on another question: are there any RATs that have dependable capacity to detect the Omicron clade stereotype?