Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Shiroc posted:

lol that my job says that tomorrow is the mandatory everybody should be in office day, just in time for the explosion.

I'm currently planning to handle it by ignoring them and hoping I get a different job before anyone notices.

the most you can hope for is the ones who made the call are the first hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

at what age is it dangerous to eat a whole bag of microwave popcorn

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

please give us the Godzilla variant

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Durf posted:

wha happen

anyway today i learned about the Cory LaJoie face car

which was later updated to a covid friendly version

mask! :buddy:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Omfg that car

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

Kind of. It's been flat at around 1300 for three days, not declining. Maybe locking down Shanghai will help, but they're doing it in stages.

that’s true, the Shanghai municipal govt seems to have dropped the ball somewhat. still, it’s not quite the “Covid zero is over!!” nightmare scenario western media has been portraying it as

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

stump collector posted:

imagining a covid molecule instead of that dumbass fox saying chaos reigns

I’m picturing it vividly and am enjoying the content ty

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

new variant? word? looks like I'll continue wearing my respirator as I have for the last number of years

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Chamale posted:

Yes and yes. An extra 500,000 Americans will die every year, most of them elderly, and Social Security will save trillions.

So we have what, a 2-year span from pretending to give a poo poo to completely normalized mass death.

That's the amount of time liberals have available to care about anything beyond themselves I guess. The First Plague - memory holed while still happening.

We are hosed.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Friend of mine has been feeling a bit out of sorts this past week. Today, he was outside doing some work and felt his lungs burning, felt like an asthma attack he said.

Took a rapid test later that same day and yep, bold positive result.

COVID isn't over.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

emTme3 posted:

So we have what, a 2-year span from pretending to give a poo poo to completely normalized mass death.

That's the amount of time liberals have available to care about anything beyond themselves I guess. The First Plague - memory holed while still happening.

We are hosed.

People were talking about how covid wasn’t a big deal because it was only killing old people back in March 2020, before that they were saying it was fine because it was only killing people in China. Mass death has been normalized for like all of human history.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

For those struggling to replace salt, I discovered spicy fills the gap in the palate rather nicely.

The only problem is I'm learning some of my favorite spicy subs have a ton of sodium. Looking at you gochujang and sriracha
not to replace salt but just in terms of flavor, instead of hot sauce i'll use some combination of chipotle powder, crushed red pepper flakes, and chili powder, paired with whatever else spices/herbs

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

emTme3 posted:

I haven't been paying much attention to Covid recently, but am I right in assuming that the recent lifting of restrictions is just Capital relegating further covid deaths to the Cost of Doing Business? Like, in addition to all the ways Capital already kills people, now it kills people with Covid and that's how it's gonna be?

I'm also going to assume that anyone not wearing a mask in a public space can be safely assumed to be a plague carrier with lib-brain disease.

Chamale posted:

Yes and yes. An extra 500,000 Americans will die every year, most of them elderly, and Social Security will save trillions.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Also is it appropriate to post about covid 21in the covid 19 thread? Don’t want to go off topic.

e: covid 22?
This is honestly one reason why I just say covid (or COVID), aside from brevity. lol at attaching 2019 to it. No need to specify its year of origin since nobody gives a gently caress about any other Coronavirus Disease right now.

Except I guess for us weirdos thinking about possible monster COVIDs that could result in recombinations between SARS-CoV-2 and MERS or a SARS-1-like virus. But those don’t have names yet.

Zugzwang has issued a correction as of 06:12 on Mar 28, 2022

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

cr0y posted:

In this household we are for the jobs that the asteroid will provide.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Woodsy Owl posted:

Washington state question: how are you all getting more than four shots? Have any of you all managed to do tye fake name trick at any pharmacy here in WA state, due to the electronic tracking etc?
i have 4 shots
2 under my real name
2 under Johan Liebert
I lied on a form and got my covid shot early, 3 weeks later I got my second.
Johan made an appointment with CVS, used the CVS's address/phone number, and arrived without ID. Got jabbed no questions asked.
Johan later made an appointment at a mass vaccination site run by Amazon. Lied on forms, and it was Johan's first shot, so instead of getting the Moderna booster (50mcg), Johan got the full first Moderna shot (100mcg)

I will be getting my official first booster (my 5th shot) next week.

Lie. No one cares. Fend for yourself. The government has abandoned us.

lol this post brought to you by circa mid 2021.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Platystemon posted:

Holy crap. Politifact got one mostly right.

lol finally
also in awe that me/family avoided covid/omni
we'll see what ba.2.3.4.5.5.6.6.6.78..9 will throw at us

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Cases have leveled off in the US for 2 weeks now

...... and you know what that means!

Zugzwang posted:

“If we stop testing right now, we’d have very few cases.” - Donald J. TrumpJoseph R. Biden

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Another politician another covid

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1508310935349440513?t=NLjhQZRczNaebuCva5x3yA&s=19

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Tzen posted:

Lie. No one cares. Fend for yourself. The government has abandoned us.
A crew member of the Event Horizon watches the ship’s log video. Grainy footage shows an array of corpses and maskless people doubled over and coughing nonstop. Some are fighting each other (tepidly) for oxygen canisters. They don’t know that the canisters are already empty; the spent canisters feel so heavy, like everything else at this point.

The video cuts to a man in a SecureClick who uses his intact lungs and vocal cords to tell the camera, “Libera te tutemet ex SARS-CoV-2”. Behind him, at the edge of the frame, a bat hangs upside-down from the ceiling. It opens its wings just as the video feed cuts to static.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

whatever happened to gently caress corey perry

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Saucer Hovers posted:

whatever happened to gently caress corey perry

They're still around but they haven't posted much in this thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3997695&userid=134683

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Zugzwang posted:

A crew member of the Event Horizon watches the ship’s log video. Grainy footage shows an array of corpses and maskless people doubled over and coughing nonstop. Some are fighting each other (tepidly) for oxygen canisters. They don’t know that the canisters are already empty; the spent canisters feel so heavy, like everything else at this point.

The video cuts to a man in a SecureClick who uses his intact lungs and vocal cords to tell the camera, “Libera te tutemet ex SARS-CoV-2”. Behind him, at the edge of the frame, a bat hangs upside-down from the ceiling. It opens its wings just as the video feed cuts to static.

Oh, save ourselves? Tch, so typical

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Tzen posted:

i have 4 shots
2 under my real name
2 under Johan Liebert
I lied on a form and got my covid shot early, 3 weeks later I got my second.
Johan made an appointment with CVS, used the CVS's address/phone number, and arrived without ID. Got jabbed no questions asked.
Johan later made an appointment at a mass vaccination site run by Amazon. Lied on forms, and it was Johan's first shot, so instead of getting the Moderna booster (50mcg), Johan got the full first Moderna shot (100mcg)

This explains why every time I try to get my shot they tell me “sorry Mr.Liebert but you’ve already had it”

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Tzen posted:

not to replace salt but just in terms of flavor, instead of hot sauce i'll use some combination of chipotle powder, crushed red pepper flakes, and chili powder, paired with whatever else spices/herbs

Randomly thought of smoked paprika when reading this post and how it's one of my favorites these days, and something I only discovered the past few years. I do what's probably a bastardized fajita vegetables mix with smoked paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper, maybe throw in some garlic powder. Onions, Bell Peppers, I guess some other poo poo if you wanted. Put that in some little tortillas with your favorite seasoned meat or beans or tofu and insert into your mouth-hole maybe with some cilantro and lime juice garnish or what have you.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

tangy yet delightful posted:

Randomly thought of smoked paprika when reading this post and how it's one of my favorites these days, and something I only discovered the past few years. I do what's probably a bastardized fajita vegetables mix with smoked paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper, maybe throw in some garlic powder. Onions, Bell Peppers, I guess some other poo poo if you wanted. Put that in some little tortillas with your favorite seasoned meat or beans or tofu and insert into your mouth-hole maybe with some cilantro and lime juice garnish or what have you.
:getin:
smoked/paprika rules and i use it all the time
my go to fajita spice mix is a combo of paprika, cumin, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper (sometimes), then salt to taste toward the end of it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zugzwang posted:

If SARS-CoV-2 came from bats, why are there still bats?

bats have way better immune systems than humans. covid has been training a 20x gravity this whole time in bats

stump collector
May 28, 2007
its from the last thread but i wanted to revive this:

you wanna know how i got these sars?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

emTme3 posted:

I haven't been paying much attention to Covid recently, but am I right in assuming that the recent lifting of restrictions is just Capital relegating further covid deaths to the Cost of Doing Business? Like, in addition to all the ways Capital already kills people, now it kills people with Covid and that's how it's gonna be?

I'm also going to assume that anyone not wearing a mask in a public space can be safely assumed to be a plague carrier with lib-brain disease.

I wouldn’t talk about Capital as a whole. Rather, center-right bougeois elites, who do represent at least a certain faction of capital, are throwing a collective tantrum and deciding that they’re going to do a genocide on their own countrymen and burn the place to the ground because they can’t feel normal, which means getting due deference from the disgusting peons below them while they dutifully toil away. Hard to do that if you’re dying of covid, but no matter

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon posted:

Someone in the palace wants Joe dead. :captainpop:

https://lutema.com/blogs/news/what-is-an-m95-and-how-does-it-compare-to-n95-or-kn95 posted:

WHY NOT N95?

In order to receive the “N95” labeling from NIOSH, mask manufacturers need to meet strict filtration standards and have a dual elastic band that wraps around the user’s head in order to ensure a complete seal around the chin, mouth and nose. This category is used for professions such as medical professionals and firefighters who are exposed to toxins and airborne diseases to a greater extent than the general public. Our customers desired a comfortable and fashionable option that still met the strict U.S. filtration standards and we refused to get a certification just to check a box required to advertise our masks as an N95.

The world has changed quickly and we can’t expect legacy manufacturers, such as 3M, to be able to change quickly with the times. The same way we would not expect Ford to go electric without the threat and innovation from a company like Tesla. Although they are both great American companies, the latter forces the legacy company to innovate or risk losing its customers.

Update on the clowns at Lutema:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!

Google Butt posted:

it would be inadvisable for most 69 year olds

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

it would be inadvisable for most 69 year olds

whew

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

let's play a new game: covid reinfection or palytoxin exposure from ur reef tank

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Google Butt posted:

ur fine if you skip the bag and just eat the pop corns

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
That guys got a point, it can't be covid because everyone knows it gets more mild every time you get it. Bless!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

So after my cool, good and mild covid case from a week ago about which I'm still seething, I'm, well, actually not seething, because my skin temperature is 34.8°C. Is that good?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Zugzwang posted:

*CLICK*

We're hitting the bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Perfection.