Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1511447601912160262?t=VadlBLjm_HNOpUx7LbD0VQ&s=19

ahahahahahahahajxlghkhgufnfjxhgggg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drat bro he just sayin poo poo that's crazy 🤣

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

hey this guy has some good ideas

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

it's a typo, he meant to write health scare

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Thoguh posted:

https://twitter.com/therealhoarse/status/1511471321506529282?s=21&t=BGnyX-fOI6XlBpObQHmuWg

He’s a smug rear end in a top hat centrist twitter person so he’s gonna be fine and suffer no long term issues.

when everyone found out the guys real name etc i realized he owned a million+ dollar house in my hometown lol. hes like 45 or something. marketing guy. incredible fucklord.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 16:35 on Mar 4, 2023

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

actionjackson posted:

anyone else here gotten a dry cough with some chest burning (like acid reflux)? the cough started about ten days ago, the chest burning yesterday. did two covid tests 24-48 hours apart, both negative. no nasal congestion or anything. i did message my doctor but just curious

Asthma and reflux are linked.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sounds like ba2 is mild

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

Did you do throat swabs or did you did the test wrong and stabbed it nasally?

it's the iHealth COVID test you do a nasal swab

redreader posted:

Asthma and reflux are linked.

I've never had asthma

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

actionjackson posted:

it's the iHealth COVID test you do a nasal swab

I've never had asthma

no you dont
swab ur throat

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

no you dont
swab ur throat

did you just type this out without looking up the test at all

https://ihealthlabs.com/

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

actionjackson posted:

did you just type this out without looking up the test at all

https://ihealthlabs.com/

:rolleyes:

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

NeonPunk posted:

Anyone posted this yet?

https://mobile.twitter.com/ahandvanish/status/1511080124426432518

2% is a bit higher than the expected 1% lmao

lmOa

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I mean, what do you want me to say, presumably the test accuracy has not been studied with throat swabs if it's not listed as an option

if you have other information that applies specifically to this test let me know

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

It sounds like the mice in that XD study may have starved to death before their immune system could clear the infection. Mice can starve in a couple of days.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

actionjackson posted:

I mean, what do you want me to say, presumably the test accuracy has not been studied with throat swabs if it's not listed as an option

if you have other information that applies specifically to this test let me know

this is the thread for arcane covid apocrypha. if you want rigorously tested and verified data you are in the wrong place

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

drat poll numbers for the dems must be worse than we thought for him to be posting this

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 16:36 on Mar 4, 2023

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

It's not the test, but rather the variant. Omicron is detected better if you took a swab in the back of your throat instead of nasally

well i have one left so i can give it a try, but what is your source for that info?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

actionjackson posted:

The tests are known to be more accurate for detecting Omicron when you include a throat swab. See, for instance, this study.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

actionjackson posted:

it's a typo, he meant to write health scare

I assume he meant to say "access to healthcare".

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

actionjackson posted:

well i have one left so i can give it a try, but what is your source for that info?

Go to Nova Scotia and swab your throat there, you're allowed.

Though if your symptoms started 10 days ago and subsided since then don't be surprised if it's negative. You'd likely be in the delayed immune system inflammation phase of the disease if it was in fact COVID.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chamale posted:

The tests are known to be more accurate for detecting Omicron when you include a throat swab. See, for instance, this study.

shouldve linked goatse

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EslaHubNxHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbq90xnV-o8&t=100s

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

actionjackson posted:

Dude I’m sure the covid is just making you rude but Omicron being easier to detect via throat swab isn’t fringe news and we’ve said it a ton of times itt you literally could have googled “throat swab omicron”

https://dearpandemic.org/throat-swabs-omicron/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qHTBlxfNes

Trixie Hardcore has issued a correction as of 02:55 on Apr 6, 2022

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
like Israel and boosters, multiple countries have issued guidance on how to swab your throat for RATs while the US hems and haws

also, any rapid antigen tests you are taking right now were probably manufactured during the delta variant (if not earlier), while the instructions have not been updated since initial fda emergency approval

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Scudworth posted:

We also learned that people were not washing fruit n' vegetables. Never even considered it.

This was back when they were telling you to disinfect your groceries including fruit & veg for covid and there was a lot of confusion because some sources were like use a Lysol wipe and some were like use dish soap and some were like just use a little dish soap and some were like use bleach and some were like just a little bleach and some were like water and friction is fine so I’m not surprised a bunch of people googled it for help

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

looking forward to the white house saying this was merely a moral statement and not a policy one

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Nocturtle posted:

Go to Nova Scotia and swab your throat there, you're allowed.

Though if your symptoms started 10 days ago and subsided since then don't be surprised if it's negative. You'd likely be in the delayed immune system inflammation phase of the disease if it was in fact COVID.

it hasn't really subsided, and i'm doing two tests because it's been more than seven days. well now i'm doing a third test as well. it said one test is fine if it's in the first seven days.

i'm doing the throat one now, though I do think it's a bit odd that people cite preprints in the same way they would cite peer reviewed papers

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

actionjackson posted:

i'm doing the throat one now, though I do think it's a bit odd that people cite preprints in the same way they would cite peer reviewed papers

You’re the one asking a comedy Internet forum for medical guidance

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

actionjackson posted:

it hasn't really subsided, and i'm doing two tests because it's been more than seven days. well now i'm doing a third test as well. it said one test is fine if it's in the first seven days.

it's literally government guidance

https://www.ontariohealth.ca/sites/ontariohealth/files/2022-02/COVID-19RapidAntigenTests-HowtoCollectaSample.pdf

omicron moved too fast for peer review. im glad you are trying the throat swab, but honestly if you are waiting for published peer review you are going to be months behind

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Trixie Hardcore posted:

hey now we haven't been funny in years

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Trixie Hardcore posted:

i never asked for medical guidance, i asked if anyone experienced the same symptoms will testing negative. i even said i had contacted my doctor

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Well now that the public health authority of the fine province of Nova Scotia has recommend throat swabbing that should settle the matter.

Don't know about GERD symptoms, but 2 weeks after acute symptoms I developed additional chest symptoms that were "weird". This included chest tightness and palpitations which are apparently not unusual, but also a kind of weird viral burn. Persisted until relatively recently too, though I'm getting better.

edit: should also mention that these delayed symptoms persisted a couple of months after testing negative on a rapid test.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

This was back when they were telling you to disinfect your groceries including fruit & veg for covid and there was a lot of confusion because some sources were like use a Lysol wipe and some were like use dish soap and some were like just use a little dish soap and some were like use bleach and some were like just a little bleach and some were like water and friction is fine so I’m not surprised a bunch of people googled it for help

When Walensky is finally fired for her mishandling of the Delta variant Mod Sassinator will make his glorious triumphant return and we will resume sanitizing our pizza boxes

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
gargle with bourbon, take some bong rips. if it doesn't go away after that it's covid, sorry

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

throat swab test negative, looking for a preprint on anal swabs (for a friend)

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

actionjackson posted:

i never asked for medical guidance, i asked if anyone experienced the same symptoms will testing negative. i even said i had contacted my doctor

Bitch, I hope you don’t have covid and that you feel better soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ex post facho posted:

gargle with bourbon, take some bong rips. if it doesn't go away after that it's covid, sorry