Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think kojima just likes licky men, did it with vamp in mgs too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Creepy licking dudes are creepy and that makes you not like them, and that’s really all there is to it. There’s no deeper meaning to go digging into here.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Jack Trades posted:

The new underground place in the first map, you can't get all the way through it until later in the game, right?

That's Episode 15, in case anyone else wanted to know.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
The ending has been re-cut in the Director's Cut and it flows a lot better now without having changed too much. Definitely an improvement.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Can I come back to the first area later to 5 star stuff?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

queeb posted:

Can I come back to the first area later to 5 star stuff?

Yes.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i really like how the zipline changes and new transport trikes work so well together, through the medium of floating carriers

take a laden trike and a carrier to a zipline, transfer cargo to carrier, tie down cargo, and away i go with like 600# of crap at a time

(e) also tying down floating cargo with the strand is a lowkey lifesaver, stuff won't take a tumble, at least as far as I can tell, if the zipline dropoff goes bad (goddamn peaks)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ciaphas posted:

(e) also tying down floating cargo with the strand is a lowkey lifesaver, stuff won't take a tumble, at least as far as I can tell, if the zipline dropoff goes bad (goddamn peaks)

What's the deal with this, can I tie down the cargo on my back with the strand? I think I skipped through the tutorial about whatever this was and forgot about it until now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

no tutorial as far as i know, and only floating carriers

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ciaphas posted:

no tutorial as far as i know, and only floating carriers

Ah okay, that's still neat though. I always forget I'm dragging the thing when I try to double jump up on a road or something and send it all tumbling :sigh:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Look Vamp and Higgs just both have oral fixations ok? They're just fun.. uh queer, guys who like to lick ok???

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Higgs is great because he's constantly trying to be extra and Sam just chills there.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
There's a series of journals that basically read as Sam describing the events of the game to his therapist, who thinks he's very delusional and failing to cope with some serious trauma or something. Somewhat curious to hear her take on the time sam had to bait some whales into summoning a bridge made of city debris so his sister could watch him drown in tar and wake up in california, but then this bully makes sam smell his mask then keeps licking him before challenging him to a race like it's sonic versus shadow on the ark colony.

I'd also like him to explain how his next move was to take a nap, ask ask a lady to teleport me back to the midwest so he could aimlessly driving around using baby to scan for any First Prepper lost packages . There were not, but the one quest he has to grab two packages 60 yards from his door will eventually get me to five star lol.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Khanstant posted:

If I am just now at the west side, right after said reveal, is this additional content upcoming or something I missed or already did (i have not visited collector or cosplayer in so so long but i did a sweep of everyone else before heading to this mission and didn't see any orders for sam tier quests and ive tried to make sure i've attempted, if not me a bot, each mission at least once.)

This is in that zone where you start off, with the Ludens Collector and the Wind Farm. It's an area near the MULE camp for a special mission Die Hardman calls you about 50 times for, in a cave with some mossy cars outside iirc.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khanstant posted:

I swear any game I've ever played where some character is a weird licking-stuff freak there's never really a reason for it besides it's creepy. Just let it be known that if I am ever menacing someone with my tongue, it's because of a tragic backstoryyou only learn by doing all of my side quests.

solid av/post combo

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Khanstant posted:

also i forgot what the deal is with the jizz covered bodies hanging out in heartmans room?? Sam pushes one aside like its no big deal but i do not remember gathering cummy ghosts and if i did, why, and what, huh??

"BT models (artist impression)". just some weird guy art.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Ciaphas posted:

oh i mean the big slow hp sponges; my stealth game's pretty good already

or are the smallboys more profitable...? i always thought it was the bosses that gave the most crystals over time

Also, on this: I smacked some of the big boys and they definitely give an absurd amount of of crystals for two fully charged lvl 2 hema nades, but I have no idea if they give more than on Hard/Normal. In any case, clearing BTs is still pretty smooth on Very Hard.

Edit: unless you're talking about the real rear end bosses, in which case I still have no idea.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Apr 9, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

nah i meant the big boys from when you get caught

about charging blood grenades - how does that work? i know holding L2 has sam ready to fastball it instead of a lob, but is that it? i never see an apparent difference

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Ciaphas posted:

about charging blood grenades - how does that work? i know holding L2 has sam ready to fastball it instead of a lob, but is that it? i never see an apparent difference

I think you can only change lvl 2 grenades. It works the same way as charging an anti-BT Handgun.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

gotcha, thanks. maaan i really need to have unlocked those level 2s much earlier then :doh:

(e) oh wait it's later in mainline orders, nevermind

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
4 stars on first prepper, almost there. I also discovered I had a zipline path from weather station to robotocist and technically first prepper) all long! goddamnit lol, ii was like "why is this zipline like 50 feet away from this one i use often in a useful place?" i zipped over and... oh, it perfectly leads to a chain of ziplines down the other side of weather station slope and even to my first safehouse ;_;

I did so many deliveries last week where every time i noted to myself "go make a zipline path from mountains to weather station" and apparently i already did that 2 years ago. there's a mysterious string of decaying ziplines near north of mtn knot station... wonder if old-me did that for a reason too

night slime posted:

This is in that zone where you start off, with the Ludens Collector and the Wind Farm. It's an area near the MULE camp for a special mission Die Hardman calls you about 50 times for, in a cave with some mossy cars outside iirc.

Oh okay I'll head back there, should check on my ancient constructions anyway.

p.s. when giving out likes, do they get just one, or do they get all 1,000 if i sit there a spam them?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Khanstant posted:

p.s. when giving out likes, do they get just one, or do they get all 1,000 if i sit there a spam them?

They should get all of them, that's why one one of the porter progressions is a longer like-window and why you sometimes get like 200 likes on something you placed five minutes ago.

Ciaphas posted:

Got it. Might pick a fight with one and see, but what's certain is that the regular huge BTs give out a lot of gold for TTK.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

They should get all of them, that's why one one of the porter progressions is a longer like-window and why you sometimes get like 200 likes on something you placed five minutes ago.

Got it. Might pick a fight with one and see, but what's certain is that the regular huge BTs give out a lot of gold for TTK.

:unsmith: looking at a sign with only 2 likes i put weeks ago in what i assumed was a well travelled area was what prompted me to ask lol. when i see a sign below 100 likes i try and pump it over 1000 if I'm not actively on a timed delivery. I have several high-use-likes ziplines and ive got huge stretches of highway to myself so im not hurting for likes exactly, but i can't help but see when i have ziplines and signs with zero likes wonder if they're just never being sent to other worlds or if people don't want a sunshine sign in this particular spot? i got more than one zip line i know i built at request of a "please zipline" sign, but also one of those seems to get zero use outside of me, and is a couple steps from another zipline sign placed lol.

i think imma trek the materials over for a proper shelter near the tar belt beach, nobody had built one that i could see and woulda been super useful there. just gotta get the materials since there's jack poo poo over there. i think players were stumped what to build because ive never seen so many postboxes and generators in one place before.

i don't know why, but I think I want to get up to a million likes, when i was adding strand contracts, that was my threshold, anyone in the 7 figures i'd add. i think a key difference is i built exclusively ziplines and a few errant ladders now. I see a lot of bridges with heck of likes, and I'm always confused because to have that bridge, you'd already need to have connected to network, which means you already made it to the prepper, which probably means you built zips along the way, so the bridge shouldn't be useful by the time you get online ones. and yet, never seen anyone's zipline, no matter how choice of a location, get nearly as many likes as even rando bridges to nowhere, over nothing that you'd need to avoid.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hey uh did anyone else have their game crash today and is now unable to load any of their saves? Game's going straight into a black screen for me now. I only ask here because someone posted the same thing happening to them today ~30 mins ago.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Khanstant posted:

:unsmith: looking at a sign with only 2 likes i put weeks ago in what i assumed was a well travelled area was what prompted me to ask lol. when i see a sign below 100 likes i try and pump it over 1000 if I'm not actively on a timed delivery. I have several high-use-likes ziplines and ive got huge stretches of highway to myself so im not hurting for likes exactly, but i can't help but see when i have ziplines and signs with zero likes wonder if they're just never being sent to other worlds or if people don't want a sunshine sign in this particular spot? i got more than one zip line i know i built at request of a "please zipline" sign, but also one of those seems to get zero use outside of me, and is a couple steps from another zipline sign placed lol.

i think imma trek the materials over for a proper shelter near the tar belt beach, nobody had built one that i could see and woulda been super useful there. just gotta get the materials since there's jack poo poo over there. i think players were stumped what to build because ive never seen so many postboxes and generators in one place before.

i don't know why, but I think I want to get up to a million likes, when i was adding strand contracts, that was my threshold, anyone in the 7 figures i'd add. i think a key difference is i built exclusively ziplines and a few errant ladders now. I see a lot of bridges with heck of likes, and I'm always confused because to have that bridge, you'd already need to have connected to network, which means you already made it to the prepper, which probably means you built zips along the way, so the bridge shouldn't be useful by the time you get online ones. and yet, never seen anyone's zipline, no matter how choice of a location, get nearly as many likes as even rando bridges to nowhere, over nothing that you'd need to avoid.

Hell, for all I know the problem might be that it's a well-traveled area. I see these signs with 200k likes and I assume that there has to be some sort of sorting or prioritizing going on. Same thing as when I put a genny or zipline in a mathematically perfect spot; someone got there first, and "someone" might be several thousand people competing for likes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

and yet, never seen anyone's zipline, no matter how choice of a location, get nearly as many likes as even rando bridges to nowhere, over nothing that you'd need to avoid.

Some of the pointless bridges are along a path you get dragged through when you touch a BT and have to fight a big BT. They pick up a like from anyone passing over them, so you can skim likes from the community with a well placed but otherwise useless bridge.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Someone also pointed out upthread that bridges work as ad hoc shelters for vehicles, sometimes better than actual timefall shelters.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah that's a good point, and come to think of it, some of my most popular constructions are in goofy spots, when i hear them deteriorating im like "what, why would that ever be there anyway." like near chiral artist, on the side of the ridge near the lake, rocky area with no ghosts. I threw down a generator there once early game because all i had was basic bike and it ran out of power, but hey, i had a pcc on me, so i threw it down to recharge. chiral artists shelter is basically in sight, but i had stuff loaded onto the bike i assume. anyway, that things got tens of thousands of likes, pretty good for a level 1 gen.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

explosivo posted:

Hey uh did anyone else have their game crash today and is now unable to load any of their saves? Game's going straight into a black screen for me now. I only ask here because someone posted the same thing happening to them today ~30 mins ago.

After some reading I think this was the "Access Violation Error" that happened to me which has a 12 page thread in the discussion board on steam and on reddit with people talking about the same thing. I saw a theory that this has to do with something around the Timefall Farm area, possibly some corrupt textures on/around the machinery, and if you manage to avoid that area and not look over there it won't happen to you. I had just left that area in my game when it happened to me, and I specifically remember thinking "wow I've never seen these combines before" as I walked through those things so i dunno what the deal is. I turned my graphics to low with DLSS off (some people think maybe DLSS is the culprit) but still can't even get the game to load anymore.

So I have no idea if this is true or not but uh be careful around the timefall farm?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

gonna put an antimatter bomb in a cargo cannon

hooray for saving anywhere, anywhen

(e) wait that actually worked :psyduck: and made this descent a lot less wobbly, to boot

a legitimate use of the cannon :O

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

(e) wait that actually worked :psyduck: and made this descent a lot less wobbly, to boot

👍👍👍

Now I wonder can you shoot Higgs's bomb into the lake with one too?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Black Griffon posted:

Someone also pointed out upthread that bridges work as ad hoc shelters for vehicles, sometimes better than actual timefall shelters.

A timefall shelter ate one of my vehicles once, and I've never trusted them to do anything for them since.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i forget, can i cross the belt without starting the endgame as long as i don't get to Edge Knot City proper?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Ciaphas posted:

i forget, can i cross the belt without starting the endgame as long as i don't get to Edge Knot City proper?

You can!

I did!

...I think.

Don't take my word on it.

Aoi fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 10, 2022

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Piss and poo poo I just realized I forgot to switch the difficulty back to Very Hard after WW2. That's a lot of hours and a few dozen deliveries that feel a whole lot less rewarding and that I have to do again.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Aoi posted:

A timefall shelter ate one of my vehicles once, and I've never trusted them to do anything for them since.
Oh god, I thought I was just the most unlucky bastard in the world for edge case bugs as usual. What made it stand out more was it only ever happened to me backtracking to the tutorial map later, usually for stuff like "I was gone for five whole minutes to drop stuff off at the musician."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 10, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

whoa, havent gotten those yet, does it actually flatten terrain??

Ciaphas posted:

I crossed it and then used hillary clinton to warp away back to central region, hadn't started the big mission yet or reach edge knot proper. idk if u can cross again though, i was wanting to bring over some all-gold chiral gear for stuntin purposes, but realized i'd have to blink back so all i can really bring is one pair o boots.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

whoa, havent gotten those yet, does it actually flatten terrain??

I crossed it and then used hillary clinton to warp away back to central region, hadn't started the big mission yet or reach edge knot proper. idk if u can cross again though, i was wanting to bring over some all-gold chiral gear for stuntin purposes, but realized i'd have to blink back so all i can really bring is one pair o boots.

if you mean the antimatter bombs those're story cargo :v: was feeling particularly gently caress You at the paleontologist after that hike went real sour

good to know, i wanted to do the tarbelt at least but i got a couple upgrades i want to unlock before i get to endgame

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i was expecting the new level 3 Stabilizer to just be yet smaller so I could finally fit a battery. instead i got a stabilizer that can lengthen jumps & soften falls

reckon i'll call this a net win, but man tiny battery gets nerve-wracking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ive never even equipped a stabilizer to test it out, no room with my battery and pouches and now patches.

wont make room for stabilizer but bet your rear end ill delete a grenade poiuch to make room for some decor