Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

edogawa rando posted:

He calls you a 糞尼, or “kuso ama,” which more or less the equivalent of “loving bitch.”

Thank you, I kept trying to remember what the second word was to look up what he called me.

:nono: very rude Goro,I thought we were cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal

necrobobsledder posted:

We really should be trying to enforce spoilers here given so many people are coming back or coming in for the first time given 1.5 essentially relaunched the game in a state comparable to what many could have reasonably expected for release.

At this point 1 in 10 posts are safe for me to read

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Wow 3rd game first time I figure out Maeko's the one who's not over the relationship.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arglebargle III posted:

lol I just realized the "heaviest car ever allowed" Chevillon Jefferson is slightly lighter than the new Hummer EV.

Weight is mostly the battery?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
lol this is why we had an automotive chip shortage, because GM felt the need to have a dashboard real time unreal engine rendered representation of their super truck riding on the moon

(i feel like technically somehow this is on topic)

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 9, 2022

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I never thought about it but yeah an EV drivetrain would work in space.

Only capitalism would be perverse enough to produce a 9000 lb truck that plays the driver ads for itself.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Arglebargle III posted:

I never thought about it but yeah an EV drivetrain would work in space.

Seriously?

The OG EV:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

fake

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

the fakest car my grandpa ever helped design, build (electrical system) and launch (turbocompressor designer, Rocketdyne F-1 engine )

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm close to getting my hands on some class of RTX card this month. Dare I ask if they fixed the crafting system?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Shumagorath posted:

I'm close to getting my hands on some class of RTX card this month. Dare I ask if they fixed the crafting system?

The mods that let you completely ignore the crafting system work great!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Go on...?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Let me start off by saying that the inventory and crafting system have never worked well in any CDPR game.

Let me finish there as well.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

Nah it still sucks. The city isn't littered with junk items as badly as it was but crafting is as annoying as it was day one.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Men's Fashion Week

Vincent Deals, Corporate Overlord

V has more money than you, and he made that money selling patriotic novelty suits to the NUSA

V sells novelty ties too.

Sequins are in this year. Know what decade it is?

THAT'S RIGHT

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 10, 2022

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

Let me start off by saying that the inventory and crafting system have never worked well in any CDPR game.

Let me finish there as well.
At least the skill system is better than Witcher 3, because the combination of the two stopped me cold TWICE.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Kang Tao is everting

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1512050023021826055?s=20&t=JtD4Na324IkGR2c916XJ9A

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i don’t see why people complain about crafting it’s a fun system. it’s good. it’s fine. it’s fine. autojock is a fun achievement to go for im having fun going to all vendors to buy all the crafting supplies to craft weapons to unload at all the drop points. this is fun. it’s fine.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

lol the Us Cracks band being all "lol so what if we lose millions for cancelling the tour, the corp will lose more, gently caress 'em" is awesome

local former corpo stops bullying people in French to help aging rockerboy

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Craft What You Want
Wear What You Want

Shumagorath posted:

At least the skill system is better than Witcher 3, because the combination of the two stopped me cold TWICE.

Ghost Mode fixes that and much more. I'm going to run it all over again with the mod when they release the ray tracing update for TW3 this quarter.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Apr 10, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Shumagorath posted:

I played the game at launch and crafting worked fine and occasionally was very broken and OP. It works better now. Crafting is good, the haters are lazy babies who don’t actually want RPG mechanics in their RPG game.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The CP2077 system is(/was?) a randomness mechanic more than an RPG mechanic.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Not really, all the best blueprints have static spawn positions so you can be crafting endgame loot in a matter of hours on a new character very easily, as opposed to scrubs who ignore crafting who need to progress to certain story missions to get the good guns.

My problem with crafting is just that’s it’s weirdly limited. I should be able to craft every item in the game, if I find a mod I should be able to craft that mod. I found one loving reload speed mod in my whole 90 hour playthrough, I would have crafted like 50 of those!

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Not really, all the best blueprints have static spawn positions so you can be crafting endgame loot in a matter of hours on a new character very easily, as opposed to scrubs who ignore crafting who need to progress to certain story missions to get the good guns.

Are you sure that this is still true in 1.5? It seems like the best blueprint spawns have been randomized, judging by all the YouTube comments on outdated guides about why X crafting recipe is actually a random other crafting recipe in their game (and every other comment says it's a different recipe for them).

Bust Rodd posted:

My problem with crafting is just that’s it’s weirdly limited. I should be able to craft every item in the game, if I find a mod I should be able to craft that mod. I found one loving reload speed mod in my whole 90 hour playthrough, I would have crafted like 50 of those!

I'm fine with the vanilla crafting system, but I could see how people might not like it. I like the rng, and not knowing what resources you'll get on a certain playthrough, and having to play around that.

It's definitely frustrating for those not coming towards the game with an RPG perspective, expecting everything to be available on a character with no compromises.

Disassembling system is great, because it motivates me to pick up everything for components, which can be used to craft everything from clothing to ammo.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

The Gadfly posted:

Are you sure that this is still true in 1.5? It seems like the best blueprint spawns have been randomized, judging by all the YouTube comments on outdated guides about why X crafting recipe is actually a random other crafting recipe in their game (and every other comment says it's a different recipe for them).

I'm fine with the vanilla crafting system, but I could see how people might not like it. I like the rng, and not knowing what resources you'll get on a certain playthrough, and having to play around that.

It's definitely frustrating for those not coming towards the game with an RPG perspective, expecting everything to be available on a character with no compromises.

Disassembling system is great, because it motivates me to pick up everything for components, which can be used to craft everything from clothing to ammo.

They also fixed the perk that auto turns junk to components so that it doesn't break down high value items. I think I made more money off earrings and necklaces I looted than I did from the various common guns I'd pick up and sell.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s just weird that some mods are craftable and some aren’t, and the game doesn’t do anything to distinguish them. So I used mods freely assuming I’d be able to make more, and then I couldn’t, and spent hours and hours looking for blueprints that don’t exist.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

There's crafting as in making items, getting the resources needed to craft those items, etc. Then there's the capital-c Crafting tree which locks you out of small-c crafting of items. People like/dislike either or both.

I dislike Crafting but would be fine with crafting if the loot system in the game wasn't so bad, rendering crafting boring too. So I avoid both, other than to craft uniques/mods in a few cases.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s just weird that some mods are craftable and some aren’t, and the game doesn’t do anything to distinguish them. So I used mods freely assuming I’d be able to make more, and then I couldn’t, and spent hours and hours looking for blueprints that don’t exist.

The skill that lets you keep mods from disassembled weapons/armour is invaluable

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

joylessdivision posted:

They also fixed the perk that auto turns junk to components so that it doesn't break down high value items. I think I made more money off earrings and necklaces I looted than I did from the various common guns I'd pick up and sell.

Yeah, Scrapper is a good perk now if I am correct about not being able to disassemble junk into components manually in 1.5.

There are some youtube guides being made post-1.5 still saying that scrapper is a useless perk. But if I'm correct, then said guides are wrong, and Scrapper gives you way more components without the drawback of destroying those expensive jewelry.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

The weapon system in this game being tied to your leveling and from there the loot drops of enemies that are also leveled with you (to a limit) is one of its weakest points. Each bump in level gets you weapon drops that are slightly better than the last level, just like much of the skill tree gives you small increments in power.

You can completely ignore everything you pick up unless you don't already have one of that type. Upgrade what you have every 5-10 levels and you're fine. The game actively punishes keeping a weapon upgraded through the run by increasing the cost quadratically based on number of upgrades, trying to force you to ditch weapons and use of the exact same clones you picked up - only because the clone hasn't been upgraded yet and will be cheaper to upgrade. It's a really poorly designed weapon/loot system when you're using ridiculously high upgrade costs to force you to even look at the otherwise same weapons you're picking up.

The exceptions to the weapon loot treadmill are the uniques, which are given to you as recipes to get you to invest heavily in the Crafting tree. But they're also the only reason to really invest in it, though some folks enjoy using that tree for money - a fine choice, though I personally prefer running missions including NCPD over crafting just to make money. I prefer combat as a source of money personally.

I really wish the game had unleveled weapons by default with progression being gated by the difficulty of getting higher-powered ammo in sufficient quantities as in a game like STALKER. That there's a single rifle ammo type shared by every rifle type weapon in this game means the only gating is through level, which is boring.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Levelled loot is always bad. It was bad in Mass Effect 1, it was bad in Skyrim, it was downright awful in Mass Effect Andromeda, and it's bad here. At least CP2077 gave you a way to augment Iconic items that become obsolete, but skill / perk points are already tight enough. Meanwhile I found a random Quasar around level 12 that could shred anything in the game right through to the secret ending.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

The other reason to look at the weapons you pick up is the very weak inventory system which forces you to sell each weapon one by one, no option to even sort by model. You can't even take off attachments and mods without equipping the trash you're picking up.

Once you've used a mod like Inventory Maid to mass sell all that trash, unequipping attachments automatically, the shallowness of the loot system is even more apparent. It's mostly just busy work, no real rewards once you get the first weapon of each model.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 10, 2022

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Arglebargle III posted:

Wow 3rd game first time I figure out Maeko's the one who's not over the relationship.

I missed her computer the first time around, read the emails this time and was like "ah yeah, OK, you're the one with a photo of Judy labeled 'JA do not delete'"

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Also Judy's "I used to have a crush on her" is a big lie!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Arglebargle III posted:

Also Judy's "I used to have a crush on her" is a big lie!

Judy Alvarez healthy relationship challenge 2077 (IMPOSSIBLE)

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

v1ld posted:

The weapon system in this game being tied to your leveling and from there the loot drops of enemies that are also leveled with you (to a limit) is one of its weakest points. Each bump in level gets you weapon drops that are slightly better than the last level, just like much of the skill tree gives you small increments in power.

You can completely ignore everything you pick up unless you don't already have one of that type. Upgrade what you have every 5-10 levels and you're fine. The game actively punishes keeping a weapon upgraded through the run by increasing the cost quadratically based on number of upgrades, trying to force you to ditch weapons and use of the exact same clones you picked up - only because the clone hasn't been upgraded yet and will be cheaper to upgrade. It's a really poorly designed weapon/loot system when you're using ridiculously high upgrade costs to force you to even look at the otherwise same weapons you're picking up.

I think they were going for a Borderlands-style system, where you use the best of what you find for a few levels until you find something better. They probably wanted to extend this temporary weapon idea into crafted gear as well, which is why upgrading costs are not constant.

Maybe it doesn't work as well here for most people because Borderlands is a looter-shooter with constant action and killing, and swapping weapons frequently due to ammo anyway. Weapons in that game are seen as temporary, at least until end-game. Cyberpunk is less of a run-and-gun style, so people tend to not see their weapons as temporary. They approach it with the mindset that they want to use a specific weapon for the entire game, something that this system wasn't originally designed for.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Judy "Kiss of Death" Alvarez

The perk that gives you thrown knives back instantly on a critical hit is hilariously broken at high level

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Can you still KO / kill the snuff braindance vendor in Japantown for a bunch of high-level materials, or did they patch him?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Two Owls posted:

Judy "Kiss of Death" Alvarez

The perk that gives you thrown knives back instantly on a critical hit is hilariously broken at high level

Ehh it's a single player game, nothing is OP.

I hope that 1.5 rebalance mod gets updated soon, kinda want to go through again with blunt weapons, the mod that turns them non lethal, and lean into sandevistan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

The Gadfly posted:

I think they were going for a Borderlands-style system, where you use the best of what you find for a few levels until you find something better. They probably wanted to extend this temporary weapon idea into crafted gear as well, which is why upgrading costs are not constant.

Maybe it doesn't work as well here for most people because Borderlands is a looter-shooter with constant action and killing, and swapping weapons frequently due to ammo anyway. Weapons in that game are seen as temporary, at least until end-game. Cyberpunk is less of a run-and-gun style, so people tend to not see their weapons as temporary. They approach it with the mindset that they want to use a specific weapon for the entire game, something that this system wasn't originally designed for.

The other difference with Borderlands is there's a much larger variation in gun feel than we have here. Agree with you that's probably what they wanted. The RNG gun variation is also a bit at odds with the immersive sim feel the game has elsewhere.