Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
What they needed to do was invent the 1999 "What Up Mach" theme 4 years earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

The WCW theme is actually better because they added a wailing guitar wtf is wrong with you people

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

What they needed to do was invent the 1999 "What Up Mach" theme 4 years earlier.

Just skip straight to his rap career.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
WCW was a big stupid mess and I would guess the main two reasons for giving Savage new music was to set him apart from his WWF years and also to make something copyrighted that they could sell on WCW entrance music records and license out to other entities that wanted to use it

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Anyone have a link to that lucha match where a dog wandered into the ring and the rudos started selling for him and the crowd is chanting "Per-ro Per-ro?" Searching for that or "lucha dog" just brings up a bunch of Perro Aguyao.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

rujasu posted:

Just skip straight to his rap career.

Is 1 album a career?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

EdsTeioh posted:

Anyone have a link to that lucha match where a dog wandered into the ring and the rudos started selling for him and the crowd is chanting "Per-ro Per-ro?" Searching for that or "lucha dog" just brings up a bunch of Perro Aguyao.

I now want to see this.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

edogawa rando posted:

Is 1 album a career?

Would it be a career if he had two?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Re-post 2 Q's now that the thread is a bit quieter:

1) Have there been any noteworthy cross-overs between any wrestling promotions and any Roller Derby (in general)? Either cross promotion or a roller derby event or even a roller derby character all fit and I'm curious about

2) Is there a website like TCGplayer, but for sports (wrestling) cards? I want to fill out some of those AEW commons from the first set and eBay is too much work for ordering more than a single card or two

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tweet question one at dave meltzer on twitter

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

EdsTeioh posted:

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgnpXsSy5v8&t=226s

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

5 stars

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

edogawa rando posted:

Is 1 album a career?

It is when you hired bodyguards to protect you because you are afraid the subject of a diss track is going to kick your rear end.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

It is when you hired bodyguards to protect you because you are afraid the subject of a diss track is going to kick your rear end.

I would pay money to watch Hogan and Macho in their primes have a real fight.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

For some reason I'd always assumed Hiromu worked in a mask as Kamaitachi.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

For some reason I'd always assumed Hiromu worked in a mask as Kamaitachi.

He did he lost it to Dragon Lee.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I would pay money to watch Hogan and Macho in their primes have a real fight.

I can't imagine anything other than hogan getting completely tuned up by macho tbh

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

titties posted:

I can't imagine anything other than hogan getting completely tuned up by macho tbh

That's true, Macho is gonna fight any way he can.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

What kinda fight are we talking about? Street fight? Boxing? MMA? Pokemon battle?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Monster truck sumo?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Someone bring the Doomsday Cage out of storage.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

“They Live” alley street fight. Loser puts the glasses on.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

“They Live” alley street fight. Loser puts the war bonnet on.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 11, 2022

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've seen that picture so many times over the years and only now did I notice the ring on the hand.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I've seen that picture so many times over the years and only now did I notice the ring on the hand.

MJF learning from the best

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

There was a story from back in the day by Dutch Mantell about Savage picking a fight at a waffle house. The police got involved, tried mace. That didn't work. They tried billy clubs, Savage steals a club. They bring in a dog, it takes a bite out of Randy's rear end and he decides that's a good point to stop fighting

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Has there been a time where thrown together single stars lose to an established tag team cleanly without shenanigans? For example HBK/Austin, Omega/Hangman, Rock/Mankind. I cant think of a time off hand, but it seems like everytime it doesnt happens it kinda buries the rest of the tag division as not only are these people not good enough to see success by themselves, their supposed expertise and familiarity with the rules doesnt matter as well.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

I've never seen this picture before. What's it from?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Defenestrategy posted:

Has there been a time where thrown together single stars lose to an established tag team cleanly without shenanigans? For example HBK/Austin, Omega/Hangman, Rock/Mankind. I cant think of a time off hand, but it seems like everytime it doesnt happens it kinda buries the rest of the tag division as not only are these people not good enough to see success by themselves, their supposed expertise and familiarity with the rules doesnt matter as well.

Happened all the time in Ring of Honor where the champion would team with another singles star to challenge for the tag titles.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Elephant Ambush posted:

I've never seen this picture before. What's it from?

Hogan trying to stay relevant in the early 90's. Seriously. He thought that would give him an edge in staying on top. (Not pictured was the giant license plate he also wore.)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he also had his own gas tank, like some sort of motor vehicle man

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Defenestrategy posted:

most of the story of omega/hangman as a tag team was that they needed to figure out how to work as well as they could together to beat established tag teams

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Dawgstar posted:

Hogan trying to stay relevant in the early 90's. Seriously. He thought that would give him an edge in staying on top. (Not pictured was the giant license plate he also wore.)
While it may have been an attempt to stay relevant, the Hulk Hogan War Bonnet was from late 1988, so prior to Wrestlemania V, so credit to him at least for flailing and trying poo poo like this when he was still actually on top.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 11, 2022

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Criminal we didn't get a close reaction of Bad News' expression.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dawgstar posted:

Criminal we didn't get a close reaction of Bad News' expression.

Can't find them at the moment, but there's photos from the match where Bad News managed to wrest the helmet from the Hulkster and is wearing the helmet.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Please find this.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Please find this.

Video is too grainy to get a screencap, but here's the match: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa0pmb

Bad News puts the helmet on toward the end.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you fellow forums user.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Defenestrategy posted:

The Shield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Edge & Christian posted:

While it may have been an attempt to stay relevant, the Hulk Hogan War Bonnet was from late 1988, so prior to Wrestlemania V, so credit to him at least for flailing and trying poo poo like this when he was still actually on top.
I never knew about the license plate before. drat, that was virtually cutting edge for kids around the time it was totally cool to have stolen car parts as necklaces! Usually hood ornaments, of course, but it would make perfect sense if Hogan heard a news story about that and went into business for himself, brother