Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Manifold Garden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tea Bone posted:

I'm looking for puzzle games to really sink my teeth into. I'm not a fan of picross, I already have "Obra Dinn" and "Baba is you" and loved them both so something else in the direction of those would be great. Unfortunately, Outer Wilds isn't available in my region yet so that's off the list.

I'm considering The Talos Principle, but I played a bit of it on the PC a few years ago and remember not loving it.

Edit: It's not on the switch but I also loved "The Witness" if that gives a bit more of an idea of what I like.

It might not be a puzzle game per se, but since it‘s completely deterministic, and thus it‘s actually a puzzle to solve with no RNG, have you ever played Into the Breach?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
A Monster’s Expedition is a really great puzzle game about exploring a chain of islands (by pushing and rolling logs to make bridges, naturally). It’s one of those ones where you could sum up all the rules in a paragraph, but there’s enough depth and variation to keep things fresh the whole way through. The puzzle design is really solid, it has baba style turn-by-turn undo, and it has some nice aesthetics and chill vibes. I definitely recommend it if you liked Baba and The Witness.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Tea Bone posted:

I'm looking for puzzle games to really sink my teeth into. I'm not a fan of picross, I already have "Obra Dinn" and "Baba is you" and loved them both so something else in the direction of those would be great. Unfortunately, Outer Wilds isn't available in my region yet so that's off the list.

I'm considering The Talos Principle, but I played a bit of it on the PC a few years ago and remember not loving it.

Edit: It's not on the switch but I also loved "The Witness" if that gives a bit more of an idea of what I like.

A monsters expedition is a chill time!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/CapcomUSA_/status/1513547637324234758

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Tea Bone posted:

Ace attorney

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Thought the whole point of the modular app was to avoid the whole "volume 2" bloat with other classic collections. Dumb.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

That's nice, but where is my Breath of Firee III + IV collection for the Switch, Capcom? :argh:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Electromax posted:

Thought the whole point of the modular app was to avoid the whole "volume 2" bloat with other classic collections. Dumb.

That was my thought as well, and I'm pretty sure Capcom even said they were going to update the initial release with more games

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Libluini posted:

That's nice, but where is my Breath of Firee III + IV collection for the Switch, Capcom? :argh:

Sony's got a bunch of PS1/PS2 titles coming for their new service model on their consoles, I'd be hoping/assuming that's where they'll crop up.

(:pray:)

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Electromax posted:

It is dumb from a consumer standpoint, but from a marketing perspective they get a whole new release which means reviews/press/store presence/etc.

I’m still sour that the Xbox Game Room died and isn’t backwards compatible. :argh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bugsnax coming to Switch on April 28th

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Tea Bone posted:

I'm not a fan of picross

I understand the individual words but they make no sense when put in this order.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bugsnax coming to Switch on April 28th

This game is very good and everyone who hasn't played it should

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Morpheus posted:

This game is very good and everyone who hasn't played it should

Wait, wasn't that out years ago? Isn't it the "Paper Mario in all but name" game?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No that's Bug Fables.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, wasn't that out years ago? Isn't it the "Paper Mario in all but name" game?

...what

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Isn't that the other one? Bug Fables?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Bugsnax is a cute first person exploration game that successfully introduces psychological and body horror to children.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1513880128543150087?s=21&t=gCDJlD4g_9MNu8P0_9dkQw

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what the gently caress kinda name is Shez

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Augus posted:

well it's short for shezchums

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shezwick

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Augus posted:

Caz bezzie mate from down the road innit

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Augus posted:

Shez nutz

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

In the US version they're called 'Super H E Z'.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

It's neat that Bugsnax is coming to Switch and all, but what I really want is Viva Pinata.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sony's got a bunch of PS1/PS2 titles coming for their new service model on their consoles, I'd be hoping/assuming that's where they'll crop up.

Here's hoping for dragon quarter as well.

It's psp games as well right? I bet we get the psp version of bof3 again.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Waffle! posted:

It's neat that Bugsnax is coming to Switch and all, but what I really want is Viva Pinata.

Same except Final Fantasy Tactics and Brave Fencer Musashi.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Waffle! posted:

I don't because every time I have a chance to play Viva Pinata I get obsessed with it for a month or more.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So what’s Bugsnax?

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So what’s Bugsnax?

Not much, what's bofa with you?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I'm waiting for the real bug snacks to return:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR_fa9jXXD4

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So what’s Bugsnax?

Well bugsnax is a little old place where we can get together

Bugsnax baby yeah

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Waffle! posted:

Day 1 buy

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Tea Bone posted:

a little late, but wanted to throw Tunic out there. Not on Switch, but it's on PC gamepass and sounds like what you're looking for.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

Same except Final Fantasy Tactics and Brave Fencer Musashi.

Kingdom Hearts IV's existence pretty much confirmed the Nvidia leak was real. Final Fantasy Tactics Remastered is absolutely coming to Switch sometime in the future.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
final fantasy 9 remake :dudsmile:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

When the hell is there going to be a Wipeout? There was a decent clone closer to launch I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Was there ever talk of Nintendo porting Detective Pikachu to the Switch (or making a sequel)? I'm currently playing the original game on 3DS, and for some reason I seemed to remember there being rumors of a Switch port or sequel.

Definitely a game for the younger crowd, but it's a nice cute way to de-stress before bed. :kiddo: