Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh, you're hiding because there's a shooter killing people nearby you? I guess you still wish trump was president :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

dew worm posted:

looking for a kn95 with ear loops. behealthyusa seems to just sell kf94s?

https://bonafidemasks.com/Powecom-kn-95/

the straps are really tight too which is nice

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Greg Legg posted:

Living with the virus sucks poo poo. This kid I'm working with at this school was kept out of school for 2 years because he's immunocompromised and now another of his classmates is sick. It's probably not covid but it doesn't seem like a good situation for him.

Immunocompromised people filing ADA related lawsuits is probably the only kinda viable path for any type of COVID mitigations to ever exist ever again.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

not_superiority posted:

I've had a "what to do in case of an active shooter" checklist tacked to my office wall since 2017, pls tell me more

lol, lmao

Here in Australia we decided to go for the "zero mass shootings" plan but politicians on the right are constantly trying to wind back the gun restrictions and open 'er up

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Thoguh posted:

Immunocompromised people filing ADA related lawsuits is probably the only kinda viable path for any type of COVID mitigations to ever exist ever again.

in a 6-3 decision,

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

yoga fart posted:

you did not include Pennsylvania in the rust belt, North east or mid Atlantic !!

Pennsylvania isn't real.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

can’t have shoes or water bottles at the airport for 20 years because of two incidents so rip respirator crew

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here in Australia we decided to go for the "zero mass shootings" plan but politicians on the right are constantly trying to wind back the gun restrictions and open 'er up

thats what governor abbott and the tx legislature did this year! they passed an open 'er up for guns. get rid of those pesky licenses and training classes, the air smells so much more like blood and propellant sweeter without them!

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

actionjackson posted:

https://bonafidemasks.com/Powecom-kn-95/

the straps are really tight too which is nice

Thank you!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Tatsuta Age posted:

in a 9-0 decision,

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

genericnick posted:

How's Covid? Doing well?
Do we have sera studies for a few months after Omicron infection yet? Would be interesting to see what a likely time window for reinfection is likely to be.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1512480538153861121
https://twitter.com/MarcStegger/status/1496068913830010880

Covid is doing fantastic, thanks for asking

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

It's cool not only that under 5s are just forgotten, but also no boosters of any sort for the young kids who could get shots, so my decision to run out and get mine vaxed immediately looks pretty stupid now that his vaccine protection has waned and cannot be boosted. Yeah, Max Titers and all, but it's a bigger ask to play with my kid's immune system than my own (Shot count: 5).

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Zerg Mans posted:

well, lincoln died of rapid acute heavy metal poisoning

died with heavy metal poisoning, not of heavy metal poisoning.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

I enjoy being a hermit sicko TBH

bane masking owns

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/t...es/202204120083

quote:

Seventeen Port Authority employees have been terminated so far as disciplinary hearings continue for more than 300 employees who refuse to comply with the agency’s mandatory vaccination policy against the COVID-19 virus.

Authority spokesman Adam Brandolph said 100 employees have returned to work on 30 days of probation after they received the first dose of the vaccination. Nine employees have retired, and 127 remain suspended with pay pending their hearings.

Mr. Brandolph said hearings have been delayed for some workers because officials from the Amalgamated Transit Union were unavailable to represent workers because of a union convention. Hearings now are scheduled to be finished by the end of next week.

Meanwhile, the agency’s amount of trips missed due to unavailable operators has gone down as some operators return to work. The number of missed trips peaked at 18% when the mandate began March 15, but it has been under 10% since April 3.

When it comes down to their job they get vaccinated.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

well I hope I don't have Covid because I've been farting terrifically all day

these plumes!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

in a 6-3 decision,

more like 9-0 at this point lol

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

mdemone posted:

well I hope I don't have Covid because I've been farting terrifically all day

these plumes!

the omicron farts are real

please submit to an anal swab by robot immediately

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

tenderjerk posted:

Per the CDC director, for unvaccinated kids under 5, you need to surround them with vaccinated people

this makes sense, I heard vaccinated people shed the vaccine and you can get it that way

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Joementum posted:

oh no, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson shall have to pay a fine :ohdear:

pfehehehehe

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I’m reading about BA.4 & BA.5 right now and I’m getting the sinking feeling that a bunch of these arguments about whether we can “live with mild repeated covid infections” or if that’s an unsustainable plan are about to be answered with extreme prejudice.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Like I’m not prone to freaking out but I’m freaking out lmao

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I’m reading about BA.4 & BA.5 right now and I’m getting the sinking feeling that a bunch of these arguments about whether we can “live with mild repeated covid infections” or if that’s an unsustainable plan are about to be answered with extreme prejudice.

It'll never be an answered question.

People have made up their minds regarding what they would prefer that reality do, and that is final.

There are still people who think we found WMDs in Iraq. There are still Obama Birthers.

There's still people who believe capitalism works.

It will never matter, they're correct and they have always been correct and they will always be correct.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Trixie Hardcore posted:

https://twitter.com/a__virologist/status/1513574886006046727

The good news is its unlikely to spread to the US because things that happen in other countries don’t affect us.

Seems bad, op!

Is that pathenogic mutation what made Delta better at hospitalizing and killing people?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Potato Salad posted:

It'll never be an answered question.

People have made up their minds regarding what they would prefer that reality do, and that is final.

There are still people who think we found WMDs in Iraq. There are still Obama Birthers.

There's still people who believe capitalism works.

It will never matter, they're correct and they have always been correct and they will always be correct.

lol that's not what I mean

PostNouveau posted:

Seems bad, op!

Is that pathenogic mutation what made Delta better at hospitalizing and killing people?

yes lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drat that's crazy

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I wasn't saying these questions will be answered and people will admit they're wrong I meant answered in blood lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Trixie Hardcore posted:

A sterilizing vaccine or things getting worse are the only two ways we exit this thing so look at the bright side, the more data we get that COVID isn’t the flu the better chance that even if society doesn’t do something at least it acknowledges that it is reasonable for individuals to try to do something.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I wasn't saying these questions will be answered and people will admit they're wrong I meant answered in blood lol

I gotcha

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Google Butt posted:

drat that's crazy

hmm just can't tell if this is the beginning of a new surge or not, we really don't have any kind of precedent to compare it to

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Trixie Hardcore posted:

https://twitter.com/a__virologist/status/1513574886006046727

The good news is its unlikely to spread to the US because things that happen in other countries don’t affect us.

I was starting to dread my life as a social outcast hermit masker, forced to watch as everyone around me moves on and lives their lives relatively consequence-free for the foreseeable future

those fears are evaporating away, but in their place a new tumor of pure horror is taking hold in my heart and beginning to grow. or maybe that's a blood clot idk

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Thoguh posted:

A sterilizing vaccine or things getting worse are the only two ways we exit this thing so look at the bright side, the more data we get that COVID isn’t the flu the better chance that even if society doesn’t do something at least it acknowledges that it is reasonable for individuals to try to do something.

it is going to take a lot of data and a lot of death to shake us from the path of open biden. we have traveled far, far down the path of "endemic. mild. cave syndrome."

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

God Hole posted:

I was starting to dread my life as a social outcast hermit masker, forced to watch as everyone around me moves on and lives their lives relatively consequence-free for the foreseeable future

those fears are evaporating away, but in their place a new tumor of pure horror is taking hold in my heart and beginning to grow. or maybe that's a blood clot idk

lol

"I don't want to be proven right, but at least when everyone's dying I'll be right."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Like I’m not prone to freaking out but I’m freaking out lmao

You're part of Doom Crew, you know what to do: Only your respirator trust.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Maybe it'll be mild.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i hate that i understand all of this

https://twitter.com/dappergander/status/1513907767366627333

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Should be fine because I'm sure Qanons have been storing their piss for drinking in anticipation for this

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008

Pillowpants now on a deep state watch list

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pretty smart here because it should allow them to incorporate mainstream data sources into their conspiracy theory. Wastewater plants show huge spikes in covid before we see officials cases now. But, hey, that's just proof someone's been pumping hundreds of gallons of snake venom into the water treatment system.

What do you get, like a teaspoon of venom out of a snake every day? I assume this conspiracy involves enormous snake venom harvesting factories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
How long until BA.Baracus?

https://twitter.com/MrT/status/1459652734894804994