Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sep 2, 2011

beats for junkies posted:

He said some poo poo about living in fear and how everyone's gonna get it eventually

prove him wrong out of spite. :haibrow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

CGI Stardust posted:

poor lady :(

that symptom list is horrifying, especially with the discussion of neurological issues recently. severe hand tremors, migranes, inability to sleep, inability to eat, feeding tube consultation?? i very much hope it improves for her.

Her eyes look like I am coming up on like 4g of shrooms, it's fuckin unsettling. Also I'm sorry that her brain is hosed up now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Since we’re all just hanging out and vibing, just a fun quick question, what y’all buying in anticipation of maybe China not sending us stuff for awhile? Like if you were thinking of what you’d buy in such a scenario what would it be?

similar to others i have bought a bunch of diy/self sufficiency stuff, my tool chest is good, i can work on my bikes, got a nice carbon steel wok and a steamer, rice cooker, etc.

i ran out of things to buy, i'm just saving ameribucks now. i bought a handful of inexpensive guitars and basses over the past couple years and all the tools needed to repair and set up guitars so i can keep them in good shape indefinitely. they're a lot of fun to noodle on.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/LazarusLong13/status/1515369717178900481

Boston Symptomy Orchestra

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

loading... posted:

prove him wrong out of spite. :haibrow:

That's the plan and it's working so far.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/aetiology/status/1515387960518234125

Stop blaming “the science” for your own recklessness.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

What's this about sars cov 3

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Every part of liberal society is just gonna try to plow through this, huh

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Platystemon posted:

https://twitter.com/aetiology/status/1515387960518234125

‘The science’ is just a religious affirmation to these people

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Platystemon posted:

hahaha Boston has been cranking out the ironic super spreader events since the very beginning. another solid entry

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Yep. And they are dragging us with them.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

:ohdear: I hope it's not covid and now that I have said this everything will be fine!
(fingers crossed for you, so sorry you're sick with whatever it is and hope you feel much better quickly)

Thank you! It's all good, they both seem fine. We just want to be sure. Thank you for your positive vibes!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Do you want the democrats to lose????

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've known a lot of professional vocalists/choristers in my day and every one of them, when I was in school anyway, was loving intense about how they guarded their vocal chords from sickness, colds, whatever. They all obsessed over whether they were over-using their voices before performances or whether they had 'nodes' on their vocal chords(whatever tf that meant lol I'm not a vocalist). But these guys? gently caress it, just blast me in the face with covid. People who before covid would hand-wring over whether a cold could do damage to their vocal chords now think getting covid multiple times a year is fine.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Thoguh posted:

And every figure in the field who doesn’t rebuke them is complicit.

This poo poo does more harm to science than all the people openly rejecting it.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Platystemon posted:

Boston Symptomy Orchestra
:lol: I love a good pun almost as much as a bad one

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Hello, I mostly just lurk except for some Games threads, but thank you for this thread, because I know that I'm not alone in thinking that everybody else is loving insane for ignoring the still-ongoing pandemic raging (mildly) across the country/world. I have one co-worker who shares my feelings, though she seems less frustrated about it than I am. The few customers we get who still wear masks (like 5-10%, if that, so not many) are mostly wearing decent ones from what I can tell. There are still a few cloth masks, but at least they're trying, I guess? At least none of them seem to be treating it like a magic talisman that lets them get up in my face or anything; it's almost like people who still wear masks are likely to also take other precautions to prevent catching/transmitting an airborne disease. Most of the other stores in the area don't even have employees wearing them anymore, much less customers. Our store recently made employee masking optional (stopped asking customers to do it last year), and about half the staff immediately stopped wearing theirs.

I had one guy a couple weeks ago ask when I was going to stop wearing my mask, and I told him "when COVID is significantly over."
"Well, isn't it?"
"Really? You believe the CDC when they tell you it's over?"
"No, I guess not... But I bet you're vaccinated. They say you don't have to wear one now."
"I am, but the WHO still says masks are recommended indoors, vaxxed or not. I'm stuck in here for 8 hours a day, man. Yeah, it sucks, but I don't want COVID."
He said some poo poo about living in fear and how everyone's gonna get it eventually, and I had other customers to deal with so I just said "I don't want it because I don't like being sick, no matter what it is. I hope you stay healthy, too. Have a good day."

I used to really like my job and most of my customers. Everyone in retail deals with rear end in a top hat regulars, but since the pandemic started, they've been a lot louder and more numerous. I lost respect for a lot of customers after 2016 when they would come in with Trump/MAGA poo poo proudly displayed, and a lot of those same people were, unsurprisingly, also vehement anti-maskers (we lost a few of them permanently when we implemented our short-lived customer mask policy, so that's a nice thing that happened during the pandemic).

Sorry, this got longer than I intended. I really just wanted to de-lurk to say "thanks for this thread, it's nice to know I'm not alone," but then I had to keep going, I guess.

Also, Pillowpants: Thank you for your poop-maps. I'm in one of the few areas that's being tracked (I'm at the northern edge of the big Milwaukee/Chicago/surrounding areas blob), and seeing your map/chart updates have made me very glad I still mask up and also anxious for what the next couple of weeks are gonna look like. I'm not relying on them as a sole source of anxiety information, but it's good to have something solid (well, semi-solid :haw:), since everyone else seems to just be saying "if we don't report test results, then we won't have more cases."

lol, welcome.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Thoguh posted:

the science told me i am not owned

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Hello, I mostly just lurk except for some Games threads, but thank you for this thread, because I know that I'm not alone in thinking that everybody else is loving insane for ignoring the still-ongoing pandemic raging (mildly) across the country/world. I have one co-worker who shares my feelings, though she seems less frustrated about it than I am. The few customers we get who still wear masks (like 5-10%, if that, so not many) are mostly wearing decent ones from what I can tell. There are still a few cloth masks, but at least they're trying, I guess? At least none of them seem to be treating it like a magic talisman that lets them get up in my face or anything; it's almost like people who still wear masks are likely to also take other precautions to prevent catching/transmitting an airborne disease. Most of the other stores in the area don't even have employees wearing them anymore, much less customers. Our store recently made employee masking optional (stopped asking customers to do it last year), and about half the staff immediately stopped wearing theirs.

I had one guy a couple weeks ago ask when I was going to stop wearing my mask, and I told him "when COVID is significantly over."
"Well, isn't it?"
"No, I guess not... But I bet you're vaccinated. They say you don't have to wear one now."
"I am, but the WHO still says masks are recommended indoors, vaxxed or not. I'm stuck in here for 8 hours a day, man. Yeah, it sucks, but I don't want COVID."
He said some poo poo about living in fear and how everyone's gonna get it eventually, and I had other customers to deal with so I just said "I don't want it because I don't like being sick, no matter what it is. I hope you stay healthy, too. Have a good day."

I used to really like my job and most of my customers. Everyone in retail deals with rear end in a top hat regulars, but since the pandemic started, they've been a lot louder and more numerous. I lost respect for a lot of customers after 2016 when they would come in with Trump/MAGA poo poo proudly displayed, and a lot of those same people were, unsurprisingly, also vehement anti-maskers (we lost a few of them permanently when we implemented our short-lived customer mask policy, so that's a nice thing that happened during the pandemic).

Sorry, this got longer than I intended. I really just wanted to de-lurk to say "thanks for this thread, it's nice to know I'm not alone," but then I had to keep going, I guess.

Also, Pillowpants: Thank you for your poop-maps. I'm in one of the few areas that's being tracked (I'm at the northern edge of the big Milwaukee/Chicago/surrounding areas blob), and seeing your map/chart updates have made me very glad I still mask up and also anxious for what the next couple of weeks are gonna look like. I'm not relying on them as a sole source of anxiety information, but it's good to have something solid (well, semi-solid :haw:), since everyone else seems to just be saying "if we don't report test results, then we won't have more cases."

Welcome, and sorry everything is so stupid. I would absolutely lose my mind if I had to deal with people like that on a daily basis.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Shear Modulus posted:

That’s BA.5 if ya nasty

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

speng31b posted:

lol

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

BA.5 is and I quote “all that and a bag of chips”

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Since we’re all just hanging out and vibing, just a fun quick question, what y’all buying in anticipation of maybe China not sending us stuff for awhile? Like if you were thinking of what you’d buy in such a scenario what would it be?

I bought some batteries and a pair of backup 7502's. Leaning towards finally buying a treadmill this week, and can't quite shake the feeling that a backup laptop and microwave would be a good idea (I'll probably chicken out and regret it).

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/medriva/status/1515856026104381442

Uh huh

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Thoguh posted:

"The Science!"

"..........."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That does sound mild.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

COVID Zero kills!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

speng31b posted:

I loving Love Science™!!!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

empty whippet box posted:

I've known a lot of professional vocalists/choristers in my day and every one of them, when I was in school anyway, was loving intense about how they guarded their vocal chords from sickness, colds, whatever. They all obsessed over whether they were over-using their voices before performances or whether they had 'nodes' on their vocal chords(whatever tf that meant lol I'm not a vocalist). But these guys? gently caress it, just blast me in the face with covid. People who before covid would hand-wring over whether a cold could do damage to their vocal chords now think getting covid multiple times a year is fine.

As a former professional vocalist it loving boggles my mind. I lost half an octave of range after getting a virus in my twenties. I had to quit singing and it took nearly a year to rebuild my voice and I never got that half an octave back and my career never recovered. And yeah, everyone I worked with was obsessed with protecting their voice and for good reason, it’s a delicate instrument and you can ruin it by using it wrong or not taking care of it or just getting unlucky and catching a virus. It’s amazing how many people have just abandoned years of good habits under the pressure of months of “covid over”. Like I guarantee most of them have had near scares where they got sick and they didn’t know if their voice would recover, that’s absolutely a group of people who should know better. Also in my experience, performers are mega gossips so I’m surprised they were able to hide positive cases from the group.

That's the plan and it's working so far.

You can do it! :balldo:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

"Well, isn't it?"

This might help

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

y’know I’m kinda inclined to believe this given China’s supposed policy of not wanting to kill its entire populace.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fosborb posted:

hahaha Boston has been cranking out the ironic super spreader events since the very beginning. another solid entry

lol it’s liberal as gently caress

https://twitter.com/KDNyhan/status/1515493673479323655
https://twitter.com/KDNyhan/status/1515526198423609346

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pillowpants posted:

This might help

I’m not the only one that sees Homer doing a nazi salute here, right?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Haahahahah

I just spit my soda out

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

That’s BA.5 if ya nasty

the only BA i endorse is BA Baracus

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
going through my old posts in the COVID threads so I could watch myself crack ping in real time, bringing back this absolute gem i screenshotted from an American healthcare website in 2020 lol

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Why Am I So Tired posted:

COVID Zero kills!

You're thinking of Coke Zero

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Thoguh posted:

wtf

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

only everywhere i look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Koirhor posted:

BA.5 is and I quote “all that and a bag of chips”