Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
tesla nerds also really love filming their cars which ends up capturing a lot of crashes, much like elon really loves tweeting which ends up documenting his crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

people don’t post videos of shut going as planned.

you don't follow the tesla cult very much do you?

they post videos of every drive on autopilot they do and thank daddy musk everytime it doesn't kill them

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

my car’s forward collision detection suddenly works again. I’m keeping the service appointment any just in case they find something wrong (they won’t)

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
you should forward that car right into the garbage dump

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Nitr0 posted:

you should forward that car right into the nearest plane

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FrozenVent posted:

people don’t post videos of shut going as planned.

you'd think a bazinga would do that tho, if it was possible

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Nfcknblvbl posted:

my car’s forward collision detection suddenly works again. I’m keeping the service appointment any just in case they find something wrong (they won’t)

i bet there was a sensor sanity check that some dev put in & tesla now "optimized it out" ota to make you not come in

e: you fool! (gottfried voice)

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Endless Mike posted:

100% of auto summon videos i've seen are of it running into or scraping something

you miss 100% of collisions you don't autosummon
— ol' mutzky

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

mystes posted:

I think you have this backwards. Cars are only allowed to run over children with impunity, not $3.5M planes.
hmm the car was perfect tho, this was clearly user error (love the car)

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

tbf with the current state of the art training them to not run into planes almost guaranteed would make them more likely to run down children.
hmm the car is perfect tho, this will clearly be user error (love the car)

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

kliras posted:

tesla nerds also really love filming their cars which ends up capturing a lot of crashes, much like elon really loves tweeting which ends up documenting his crimes

bazingas are helping train the algorithm by posting videos of their car loving up the world behaving faultily around their car's movements

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
and here we see the alpha tesla asserting dominance over the other vehicular lifeforms

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nfcknblvbl posted:

you won’t care

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
does Tesla still sell insurance?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FrozenVent posted:

does Tesla still sell insurance?

im gonna say yes they do, on paper its cheaper than getting a regular insurer to look after your hole of burning money

the catch is theyre even less likely to pay out

if you go by game theory its basically the same in terms of wasted money

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Why have insurance when it takes 7 months to get anything fixed?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mrmcd posted:

Why have insurance when it takes 7 months to get anything fixed?

good hustle mindset, you can use the several months of waiting for service to save up to buy a new tesla, that way you saved the insurance :thumbsup:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
https://twitter.com/sigfig/status/1517638348319338496

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

oh wow i was in school with dare. he was a big xml guy at microsoft for years and his dad was president of nigeria for a while. interesting guy.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
https://twitter.com/cyberjatt/status/1367607456361193475

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

"the development process" is a false dilemma: would you rather be a developer who helps build the car that runs people down continually, or would you rather be continually run down by the car

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

opening with "i love car" is a bold move. lets see if it works *puffs pipe*

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I love the people who try to explain and justify Teslas just running into stuff, which is like the number one thing your car should not do. Or catching on fire, which is like the number zero thing your car should not do.

Your honour, without my glasses on I only saw a indistinct object of indeterminate size somewhere ahead of my vehicle, and surmised that it must be a giant marshmallow. It wasn't until after I had collided with the object that I realised it was in fact a firetruck. I'm uncertain as to why that was on the road, but I think given the circumstances I can't really be held responsible for this incident.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

In what meaningful way can the users participate in the development process? Are they supposed to be submitting user stories, "As a user of a self-driving car, my car should navigate around fire trucks without hitting them"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

TheDarkFlame posted:

I love the people who try to explain and justify Teslas just running into stuff, which is like the number one thing your car should not do. Or catching on fire, which is like the number zero thing your car should not do.

the best rebuttal to them saying that the Tesla recognized that it wasn't a real person in those tests so it was ok to hit it was the dude saying "I don't think my self driving car should run into anything, whether it's a person or not"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

TheDarkFlame posted:

Or catching on fire, which is like the number zero thing your car should not do.

imagine that kind of behavior for other manufacturers. thousands of people replying to say how their pinto is very nice and, no, the fact that it went up in flames is inconsequential to the build quality discussion

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

the best rebuttal to them saying that the Tesla recognized that it wasn't a real person in those tests so it was ok to hit it was the dude saying "I don't think my self driving car should run into anything, whether it's a person or not"

when the car fucks up you’re supposed to press the voice assistant button and say, ‘bug report: auto pilot failed to stop for children’. whether they pour through this feedback is debated

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1517626832241057792

musk sucks

billg also sucks and is a green bubble scrub on top of it

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

The_Franz posted:

musk sucks

what makes you think any of this is true?

why would screenshots from elons phone be available for anyone to tweet

this is dumb as hell

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

The_Franz posted:

musk sucks

every billionaire sucks, it's impossible to be a billionaire and not suck. maybe like a tiny baby whose billionaire parents die and the baby inherits all the money might not suck, but i'm not sure even then

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The_Franz posted:

musk sucks

with winphone dead what's a boy to do?

mystes
May 31, 2006

go play outside Skyler posted:

this is dumb as hell
It's probably fake but otoh elon being elon it's not inconceivable that he would have sent screenshots to other people to show what an rear end in a top hat he is

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The_Franz posted:

musk sucks

real Elon would have had grimes set the slashdot bill borg picture

also probably would’ve replied something more like “gently caress off pedo guy”

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

big scary monsters posted:

every billionaire sucks, it's impossible to be a billionaire and not suck. maybe like a tiny baby whose billionaire parents die and the baby inherits all the money might not suck, but i'm not sure even then
Mackenzie Scott's doing it right so far
imo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

go play outside Skyler posted:

this is dumb as hell
asked and answered
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1517702987359133696

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

is that Twitter username connected to Russia cause yikes

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Car exploded, love the car though

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

thought experiment: what would it take for these people to not love the car, though?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

qirex posted:

thought experiment: what would it take for these people to not love the car, though?

=*= Even in death I still simp =*=

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

there is nothing that could cause this. the car could burn down their house while elon pisses on their kids and they’d still love the car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

qirex posted:

Loving that car is more of a lifestyle