Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Receiving a finisher by a Pathfinder dressed as Dick Tracy, a shameful end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Did they push a client update recently? Or do we have >20 hz servers now?

Despite running on 3900x/2070S and the ingame fps counter showing my locked 90fps, the game always felt somewhat laggy.

Today, for the first time as far as I remember, everything was buttery smooth.
I immediately thought "Whoa, this is how it looks in their trailers!"
It made a day and night difference in my ability to aim and track.

Previously during jump, frames dipped to 75-80 sometimes, just checked again and it's a solid 90 fps now. I figured the client might have messed with my video settings, but they are the same as before.

:iiam:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mcbexx posted:

Did they push a client update recently? Or do we have >20 hz servers now?

Despite running on 3900x/2070S and the ingame fps counter showing my locked 90fps, the game always felt somewhat laggy.

Today, for the first time as far as I remember, everything was buttery smooth.

There are definitely some servers that are better equipped to handle the load.

It still mystifies me that they decided to lock client end frame rate to server update rate.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
always be closin is a fun gametype!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
https://imgur.com/a/FZpfPoo

Yeah its gatherin' people

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
^ new 9 v 9 mode is exactly what the game needed

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
I would like to spread the good word of the CAR, its the best submachine gun and imo the best weapon in the game.

Run around with two CARs and your teeth will be whiter and you will lose weight and your dick might just start sucking itself it is that good.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

I would like to spread the good word of the CAR, its the best submachine gun and imo the best weapon in the game.

Run around with two CARs and your teeth will be whiter and you will lose weight and your dick might just start sucking itself it is that good.

Well poo poo man you sold me on that

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

The only drawback is sometimes the game doesn't know what to do with the attachments since it can use both light and heavy magazines.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1516843429497499648
Apparently some of the screens on Storm Point are showing things very similar to this. They say “THREAT DETECTED”, “BOOT SEQ. BEGUN”, and then portions of “BRD 01 AUTOMATED INFANTRY UNIT” in hexadecimal. That’s the full designation for Spectres.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I've got a nerd desire and want to fulfill it but I can't, so maybe someone else's google skills are better.

I have a contactless card that is boring, and I want to make it Blisk's Apex Predator card. Services to print these are easy to find, but it turns out finding a replica of the card itself isn't. There's someone on Etsy selling the thing printed on steel, and I really just am looking for something like a png that I can upload to the printer. Surely such a thing exists, right? Can anyone find it?

EDIT: They have one with Apex Funbux, lol. Close but so far.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 20, 2022

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

If you can't find one online you may be able to extract the texture from the game using Legion. You'll want to use the Legacy version for Titanfall 2.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

runchild posted:

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1516843429497499648
Apparently some of the screens on Storm Point are showing things very similar to this. They say “THREAT DETECTED”, “BOOT SEQ. BEGUN”, and then portions of “BRD 01 AUTOMATED INFANTRY UNIT” in hexadecimal. That’s the full designation for Spectres.

Have the Leviathans near North Pad on Storm Point always been dead?
Can't quite remember, but today I noticed the giant skeletons for the first time.
Gotta admit, I haven't been following any lore dumps recently.

runchild
May 26, 2010

mcbexx posted:

Have the Leviathans near North Pad on Storm Point always been dead?
Can't quite remember, but today I noticed the giant skeletons for the first time.
Gotta admit, I haven't been following any lore dumps recently.

Nope, they showed up alive a week or two ago, disappeared a couple days ago, and now they’re skellingtons. Obviously whatever was being tracked in the previous tweet did it, and it’s all hinting towards the map update next season. But the specifics are still unknown. Interactive kaiju? Hostile Spectres? We’ll find out in a few weeks.

runchild
May 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1517173868963766273

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I really like that flashpoint game mode. There's a lot more action in those domes. And the fact that you have a portable revive thingie is also cool.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

shut up blegum posted:

And the fact that you have a portable revive thingie is also cool.

It's part of the normal loot pool. You do get a lot of them in Flashpoint though - I usually deploy them all in hopes of attracting more people for adding to my light show.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Really? I think you spawn with one in that game mode.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Played a few games today after a long while. Second game get put with a bald wraith apex legend who basically did everything. I was going to joke that'd he'd quick the milisecond he went down, but that didn't even happen. Then of coruse next game I get loaded in solo and there were about 10 squads max in the game. How has that poo poo still not been fixed.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

shut up blegum posted:

Really? I think you spawn with one in that game mode.

Yeah, you do start with a mobile respawn beacon in Flashpoint, but as you said they were cool and didn't use their actual name I thought (perhaps incorrectly) you were unaware they're in the normal loot pool. Perhaps the first time they ran Flashpoint was when the item was first introduced? I can't remember at this point.

Pubbies very rarely seem to pick up these beacons but they sure like to ping them even if they're not carrying anything in their survival item slot themselves.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Keito posted:

Pubbies very rarely seem to pick up these beacons but they sure like to ping them even if they're not carrying anything in their survival item slot themselves.

there's a certain wisdom to understanding when you're the one using the mobile respawn beacon, and when you're the one the mobile respawn beacon is being used for

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I am low key convinced that if my duo partner and I just no filled ranked we would do as well or better than playing trios. On the one hand, this seems unlikely since we are always outnumbered, but the benefits of just doing everything as a team so much faster seem like they almost outweigh it. Whenever a teammate drops or doesn’t spawn in we’ve tended to do pretty well. Snagging kills prior/escaping seems easier when you’re more coordinated, and once you get to end game odds are you’ll be fighting a team with at least one knocked member anyway.

Maybe the message here is to just ping stuff for the random and then just do it sort of regardless of what they are up to assuming they will follow along, idk.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
That works up to about plat. Late plat or early diamond you start getting aped any time a squad sees that you're down a person

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Jumped onto Titanfall 2 for a few games and it breaks my heart. It plays like a dream and it sucks we'll probably never get a third game. I'd even settle for Apex with team deathmatch.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 23, 2022

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Best fps I've ever played and I will die on that hill.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Field Mousepad posted:

Best fps I've ever played and I will die on that hill.

I guarantee you won't be lonely :lovewcc:

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
The Control LTM is probably the closest you’ll get atm- it might come back soon? Capture points basically

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I guarantee you won't be lonely :lovewcc:

:respek:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I was in goon discord the other night, just watching, because I've been in a funk playing for a while, and damnit it is fun to watch people having fun, instead of randos screaming poo poo.

runchild
May 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1517571688417808385
https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1517912433762910208
https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1518243616011001856
https://youtu.be/cheYIVEtVQ4

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Has anyone else been suddenly getting bluescreens In Apex on PC? I've been playing fine for months and all of a sudden it just fully craps out on launch, usually just as the main menu starts. My nVidia drivers weren't set to auto update but I installed the latest ones anyway and still no dice. Other things I have tried since: verifying files (it redownloaded 2 things, still crashes), and manually repair-installing EAC.

My desktop is old as dirt with a 3Gb 1060 in there but I mean it it handles most things and even the things it doesn't it just drops frames, this kind of shenanigans is new.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cheYIVEtVQ4

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/saviors

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
so he just has an armshield like gibby? also, Storm Pont is a way better name

runchild
May 26, 2010

I honestly can’t decide if I think he has a Gibby-style ADS arm shield or not. I definitely think he uses one while reviving though, and I wonder if him moving a downed teammate was part of his actual kit, too. Tactical seems to be a medium-sized deployable shield wall and his ultimate looks like a large deployable fortification. That’s a lot of shields.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
assuming the gigaleak was accurate :

passive: shield on revive, drag downed teammates while reviving
tac: shield that you can interact with to change angle
ult: leap forward and deploy a large barricade with headglitch spots

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
they gave lifeline shield res to someone else and havent given her anything? im gonna axe the apex servers

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
They seem to be pretty good about re-balancing legends so hopefully there is a Lifeline buff in the upcoming patch that makes her a viable pick again.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Lifeline seems perfectly viable as is? she just falls into the lineup of characters whose flaw is "you can only have a max of 3 on a team and ends up being 4th best if you are trying to pick the most optimal 3"

And most of the characters fall into that category.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Depending on Newcastle's abilities numbers he might dethrone Gibraltar, or we end up in a nightmare scenario with every team going Gibraltar/New Castle/Valkyrie and Gibraltar's and Newcastle's cooldowns covering eachothers downtime perfectly.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they nerfed valk's ult CD by doubling it at the very least in the patch and it not effecting her playrate much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
they should rework how her Q works in ring at the very least since it was last touched prior to respawn letting people turtle in the storm for rings 1 and 2