Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 34 40.48%
No 50 59.52%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i'd like to point out elon posted pissing and moaning about possibly having to pay a little more tax and now is continuing to buy everything in sight

it's like the platonic ideal of a selfish rich person

Pissing and moaning so much he fled to Texas, in no way prompted by the racism lawsuits and OSHA findings, and is donating to GOP supporters.

Free speech, my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Yeah it’ll be just like Fox News and completely disappear when rational people get tired of it.

social media sites are pretty perishable so I don't really agree with this snarky take unless you get really surface level with it, in which case I agree that it won't completely disappear because sites like digg and fark still exist

but who knows, maybe you're right and elon will finally figure out where parler went wrong

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 25, 2022

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

A.o.D. posted:

To where? The multiple walled fiefdoms of Discord? There's a lot wrong with Twitter, but I don't know of a current viable platform as open as it.

Read my substack!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah a lot of my infosec friends are jumping ship, and its likely I will as well.

There’s only one online community that’s tightly moderated and hasn’t been implicated in numerous terrorist plots or seditious activities, nor has it been weaponized by hostile foreign powers to undermine American society.

Return to my light, my children. You were always in my Top 8.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Tom from myspace is 51 ?!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Tom from myspace is 51 ?!

Myspace is 19 years old this August.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

A.o.D. posted:

Got broke up over that poo poo in 2007 holy gently caress I gotta lie down (cus I'm old)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
tom was literally the only smart dude in social media ever (made gently caress off money and hosed off)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

A.o.D. posted:

No wonder the libertarians prefer Twitter, it won't be 18 until 2024.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This dude has a podcast entirely based on how much he hates old Nick at Nite reruns.

He used to post here and was part of the front page Current Releases movie review group for a few years. They then went offsite as Front Row Central for a while before that folded.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

pantslesswithwolves posted:

There’s only one online community that’s tightly moderated and hasn’t been implicated in numerous terrorist plots or seditious activities, nor has it been weaponized by hostile foreign powers to undermine American society.

Return to my light, my children. You were always in my Top 8.

We were led astray!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

wonder how my mafia wars game is going

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Midjack posted:

He used to post here and was part of the front page Current Releases movie review group for a few years. They then went offsite as Front Row Central for a while before that folded.

Ah Current Releases, the dudes who posted in all seriousness about how the makers of Planes had no idea what a female plane should look like.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

Pissing and moaning so much he fled to Texas, in no way prompted by the racism lawsuits and OSHA findings, and is donating to GOP supporters.

Free speech, my rear end.

Let’s not forget that the only reason he has money is because daddy was so willing with the South African apartheid government I got tons of construction contracts, you know like the bin Laden‘s in Saudi Arabia.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

At this rate, he’ll be broke in…

eight hundred years.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Platystemon posted:

At this rate, he’ll be broke in…

eight hundred years.

I imagine if it goes on very long and he doesn't pay the fines it escalates and warrants get issued??

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Flikken posted:

I imagine if it goes on very long and he doesn't pay the fines it escalates and warrants get issued??

Oh my sweet summer child.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Flikken posted:

for you and me, maybe.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
https://mobile.twitter.com/TaskandPurpose/status/1518879170125864960

quote:

In one instance, the report says Balfour Beatty identified a work order to address “leaking moldy water” as “plumbing” and “painting” issues. In another instance, an Army family said they were told by Balfour Beatty staff that there was mold growth in their ceiling, but their work order history contained “not a single mold work order.”

“As a result, once Army Family #4 moved out of this home in October 2020, the military family that next moved into this home could not see from Balfour’s internal maintenance history report that it had a history of mold,” the report says.

Balfour Beatty is just one of several companies overseeing tens of thousands of homes for service members and their families across military installations. The company is “the nation’s largest provider of military family housing,” according to its website, and oversees thousands of Army, Air Force, and Navy homes across 55 installations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ah Current Releases, the dudes who posted in all seriousness about how the makers of Planes had no idea what a female plane should look like.

Lol oh yeah I remember that drama, people were so so angry.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
Whoops, double post

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm glad that Balfour Beatty is still providing that world class service to our troops.

With the money that they were taking in, there should be no excuse for these problems.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
VP caught covid, asymptomatic case

https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/1518990018559238151

even covid doesn't really want to be around her for very long :v:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
“She is not considered a close contact to the President.”
Well duh.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Stultus Maximus posted:

“She is not considered a close contact to the President.”
Well duh.

This popped out to me, and seems absolutely hilarious. Shouldn't they be pretty close in a properly working government?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

This popped out to me, and seems absolutely hilarious. Shouldn't they be pretty close in a properly working government?

They are probably close communication wise, but the entire point is to keep them separate for the most part for government continuity.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Not necessarily.

VP can be as ceremonial or as integral to the Presidency as the President wants.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

My point is that its sad that she is apparently pretty much ornamental, as much as I hate her.

Elect a black woman VP and make it obvious that it was just for the votes, not because of any actual respect for the black woman

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I vaguely remember Dan Quail was given virtually no responsibility which is why he had so much free time to make an rear end of himself

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Secret Service wont let Kamala personally lead door kicking teams for parking violations

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

My point is that its sad that she is apparently pretty much ornamental, as much as I hate her.

Elect a black woman VP and make it obvious that it was just for the votes, not because of any actual respect for the black woman

Given her reaction to literally everything I'm glad she's as far away from any actual power as we can make her.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Reminder that the VP used to be the runner up in the presidential election.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

habituallyred posted:

Reminder that the VP used to be the runner up in the presidential election.

Oh my god could you imagine VP Trump. Holy poo poo I want it changed back. Would be the funniest poo poo ever.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

RFC2324 posted:

What a strange way to highlight the 10 year anniversary of the documentary series Veep starring Julia Louis Dreyfus

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Crab Dad posted:

Oh my god could you imagine VP Trump. Holy poo poo I want it changed back. Would be the funniest poo poo ever.

I'm actually for it now too

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
President Joe Manchin and Vice President Donald Trump

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UHD posted:

I vaguely remember Dan Quail was given virtually no responsibility which is why he had so much free time to make an rear end of himself

Ironically, the one guy to tell Pence he had no choice but to follow the constitution and there was no if ands or buts. Not to be accused of handing it to Dan Quayle, but it was a good he did the right thing and gave no option, but following the law.

Also seeing him at the inauguration (which good on him for attending) was kind of funny since he no longer has any of that red hair and actually looks far more respectable now with the grey hair, than he did when he was VP.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Uncle Joe can read polls too.

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1519030411212595201

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

He did it again

https://twitter.com/JoeBrunoWSOC9/status/1518999365574139904?s=20&t=cSj_RavnxHj75Hyqd-QzVQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

They've been trying to cancel them but there is debate about the president having the ability to do so. In the meantime they have been using the extensions and expanding forgiveness a bunch. My preference is to expand schooling to 16 years with 13-16 in college or tech school. Just canceling them is good but what about the people that come after?