Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I'm getting soo clooose. I had like 3 games in a row where we almost won but ended up in like 3rd or 4th place, dumb teammates don't know how to play as a unit and keep running away and going solo in final ring. I'm up to 6854 RP now, but I have to go watch hockey now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Lol that BH skin is better than the $160 heirloom skin

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Apex Legends posted:

Spitfire

Damage decreased from 19 to 18
Purple & Gold Magazine capacity reduced from 55 to 50
Crouched hipfire spread increased
Removed barrel attachment slot
Reduced headshot damage multiplier from 1.75 to 1.5
Reduced headshot distance from 64m to 57m
Increased reload time from 3.2 to 3.4
Draw time increased to 0.8 from 0.7
Holster time increased to 0.75 to 0.65
Raise time increased to 0.65 from 0.55
Lower time increased to 0.6 from 0.5

What have they done to my poor, sweet boy?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Turned it from an unbelievable destructive force into a believable crushing tool.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

tildes posted:

I really don't get why they decided to nerf the L-Star?

It's got L right in the name, working as intended

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Knight2m posted:

I know stuff usually gets buffed when it goes into care package and nerfed back to around where it was before when it goes out- how different are these nerfs? Is this putting it way weaker than it was the last time it was ground loot? It’s been so long and I’m
so bad with it I rly can’t remember.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

tildes posted:

I know stuff usually gets buffed when it goes into care package and nerfed back to around where it was before when it goes out- how different are these nerfs? Is this putting it way weaker than it was the last time it was ground loot? It’s been so long and I’m
so bad with it I rly can’t remember.

Going into supply drops, the Spitfire got...

So it got reverted and then beaten with a stick in every respect for good measure. Fun comparison: the Alternator only got Disruptor Rounds added and taken away when it went in and left, nothing else!

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
When they first released disruptor rounds for the RE -45 and Alternator I honestly couldn't believe they did something so red hot.
I raced in expecting it to be the most bullshit hopup of all time and it was. It was glorious. Evaporating shields immediately broke morale and had people that could have won if they held their nerve dying because they stopped fighting.

After that one I'm hesitant to say balancing before release is a strong item on the agenda. No one that's played FPS before would drop that without serious hesitation.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Ugh. I got up to 7k RP but ran out of steam. So close, yet so far. It's so annoying there were like 3 games where we had the win basically locked down and I told my team we just needed to sit where we were, while the other 2 squads were fighting each other. Each time, my braindead teammates ignored me, rushed right into the middle of the two teams fighting and instantly died without taking anyone down. So then I ended up in 3rd, when all we had to do was wait for one of the squads to knock the other and then third party....Out of like 10 games I played today, I got a teammate that was higher than plat 4 a grand total of ONE time.

Trying to grind to diamond really opened my eyes to just how stupid and arbitrary the rank system works in this game. It is not a measure of skill, it was baffling how bad most of my teammates were, not just in terms of aiming but in terms of general fps game sense. Like, you don't have to be an expert at fps games to understand not to run headlong into the middle of 2 teams that are shooting at each other.

Next season might be better in terms of the skill level of the teammates you get, but it's going to be much worse in the amount of grinding you have to do to reach higher ranks.

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 10, 2022

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

DrunkPanda posted:

Ugh. I got up to 7k RP but ran out of steam. So close, yet so far. It's so annoying there were like 3 games where we had the win basically locked down and I told my team we just needed to sit where we were, while the other 2 squads were fighting each other. Each time, my braindead teammates ignored me, rushed right into the middle of the two teams fighting and instantly died without taking anyone down. So then I ended up in 3rd, when all we had to do was wait for one of the squads to knock the other and then third party....Out of like 10 games I played today, I got a teammate that was higher than plat 4 a grand total of ONE time.

Trying to grind to diamond really opened my eyes to just how stupid and arbitrary the rank system works in this game. It is not a measure of skill, it was baffling how bad most of my teammates were, not just in terms of aiming but in terms of general fps game sense. Like, you don't have to be an expert at fps games to understand not to run headlong into the middle of 2 teams that are shooting at each other.

Next season might be better in terms of the skill level of the teammates you get, but it's going to be much worse in the amount of grinding you have to do to reach higher ranks.

ideally lower ranks will be with better teammates next season I think -- it seems like plat is going to be the new diamond

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Grinding to diamond as a solo is possible but very very hard imo if you aren't literally one of the best players in the game who can out aim anyone in a duel or have the game sense to know how to play every situations as best you can. Much less stressful to do it with a pair of other folks you can be in communication with and have some synergy with.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Evil Kit posted:

Grinding to diamond as a solo is possible but very very hard imo if you aren't literally one of the best players in the game who can out aim anyone in a duel or have the game sense to know how to play every situations as best you can. Much less stressful to do it with a pair of other folks you can be in communication with and have some synergy with.
I'm technically abysmal, lovely mouse control and aim, but found it became trivial to solo to diamond - but only with Crypto or Loba. You can tell in the first 30 seconds of most matches if you're carrying your team or vice versa, and those two have enough kit to limit the impact of standard plat bad engages without resorting to ratting from the start.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

tildes posted:

I really don't get why they decided to nerf the L-Star?

One of the devs was in twitch chat yesterday and said that because the L-Star can theoretically shoot forever, they needed to balance it out. "Reward skillful play" is usually how they phrase it. But also, wasn't it only like 2 or 3 seasons ago it was maybe the best gun in the game? One of the WE seasons everyone was running it.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Knight2m posted:

Seriously. drat it didn't need all that done to it

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

The Diddler posted:

One of the devs was in twitch chat yesterday and said that because the L-Star can theoretically shoot indefinitely, they needed to balance it out. Wasn't it only like 2 or 3 seasons ago it was maybe the best gun in the game? One of the WE seasons everyone was running it.

it was the worst gun in the game from being put in the care package all the way to about three seasons ago, yeah. then they dramatically reduced the muzzle flash, allowed it to take barrel stabs and made it frankly too good? and as they always do when they make something too good, seem to internally declare it as The Problem that they then need to nerf it over and over again until it's worse than it was at launch. happened with the eva 8 too.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Do people not loving ping where they're going anymore? I was in a game where the other two just ran off and didn't mention poo poo, so they're both downed while I'm looting, and they got pissed.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cowslips Warren posted:

Do people not loving ping where they're going anymore? I was in a game where the other two just ran off and didn't mention poo poo, so they're both downed while I'm looting, and they got pissed.

Sounds like you got matched with a duo.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Cowslips Warren posted:

I almost never get teammates that DO ping. I am actually somewhat surprised when they do

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
My fav are the duos that don't realise you can hear them because they're also on discord or something and don't realise they have ingame set to voice activated. Happens more often than you would expect.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Going into supply drops, the Spitfire got...

So it got reverted and then beaten with a stick in every respect for good measure. Fun comparison: the Alternator only got Disruptor Rounds added and taken away when it went in and left, nothing else!

Worth noting that it basically didn't need any changes going into the care packages because it was so ridiculously good that people would actively use it over care package weapons.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

patch is out

it's a big one, 35gb on Steam

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

dogstile posted:

Worth noting that it basically didn't need any changes going into the care packages because it was so ridiculously good that people would actively use it over care package weapons.

Also the fact it was still good even after the nerfs, just not totally overpowering. It's an interesting choice to make it like the flatline and not nuse a barrel stab so you always need to deal with the kick.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

repiv posted:

patch is out

it's a big one, 35gb on Steam

Seriously gently caress this game, it's already COD sized with everything that's in there.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Workshopping some jokes for week 2 of this season when i get sick of the gun meta

apex season 13: flatlines

apex season 13: triple controller spitfires

wingman: legends

apex season 13: I'm out of heavy ammo

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Jiro posted:

Seriously gently caress this game, it's already COD sized with everything that's in there.

the install is still only 54GB, it's nowhere near COD huge

the patch just replaced most of the data for some reason

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Up Circle posted:

Workshopping some jokes for week 2 of this season when i get sick of the gun meta

apex season 13: flatlines

apex season 13: triple controller spitfires

wingman: legends

apex season 13: I'm out of heavy ammo

Apex Season 13: L-star here!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

repiv posted:

and the game overall is like 10 gigs short of 100 it's riiiiight there in terms of COD size.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

repiv posted:

I'd assume a huge amount of it is just the new map data

textures are real big

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Jiro posted:

and the game overall is like 10 gigs short of 100 it's riiiiight there in terms of COD size.

Isn't Warzone actually at like 130-140 or something? 40gb difference is pretty substantial, even if COD is an insane outlier.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Jiro posted:

:confused:

is apex bigger on consoles?

warzone is like 175GB last i checked

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

54.8 on my Series X :shrug:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Did you delete half of your characters or smth

(it's probably that it's patching right now and allocates the space)

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I like how even on the day with the most amount of players I still get lobbies where literally half the players have master dive trails.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Did you delete half of your characters or smth

(it's probably that it's patching right now and allocates the space)

For the record I loving wish I could delete all the characters I don't use and all their skins and weapon skins I don't give a poo poo about and the little trinkets, and sprays and stat poo poo if that could be carved out.

That's what I had when I was talking about it to a friend last night. Playing on PC.

Uninstalled and now doing a download/reinstall of the game currently

Total install size is around 54 gigs, but once it unpacks it wouldn't surprise me if it passes the 100 gig mark. How the hell does Fortnite keep their size insanely low for all the poo poo that is just absolutely covering it as far as costume skins, weapon skins, map textures etc etc etc. Are the audio files in Apex just that many and large?

Jiro fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 10, 2022

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the game *is* 54gb unpacked on my computer right now

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

I guess I also gotta redownload then, that's fuckin weird.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yeah, it's 53.6GB on Origin.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hopefully they've learned to either have a really good compression on file size, or something huge was removed for this season. Especially if they're adding a new playable character and retooling a whole map.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
new havoc is loving stupid, i was doing work with a 3x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

I thought this season was supposed to give you "better teammates more similiar to you in skill"? Why the gently caress did I get a rookie 4 and bronze 3 teammates in my first game of the new season? I finished plat 1 last season... gently caress it, onto Vampire: Bloodhunt as my main game