Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

boredsatellite posted:

Remember how they wanted to slow the game down and baiscally nerfed everything and made act 1 harder.

It went pretty terrible and seems like they haven't learnt from it

There was a good quote in this thread, I forget who it was, about how they don't fundamentally understand the kind of game they made. Or at least are in denial about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
warframe ended up doing the same exact thing just like, a few weeks ago by reworking their brand of rare enemies with the exact same outcome.

attempts to slow down the game with enemy oriented changes end up just hitting the lower performing builds while the meta or high performing ones end up doing just fine. and i think what they keep trying to chase is the D2 experience you get when you first play it, and not what it's become since then as people optimized their builds.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Unrelated is difficulty but I am really looking forward to the inevitable Orb related ascendancy in PoE 2. drat if void sphere isn't just super satisfying to use.

At least, I hope they have an Orb related ascendancy. I can think of a few really fun things they could do. Maybe one like "100% of Orb of Storms damage is converted to cold, orb of storms now activates with cold spells instead of lightning spells"

Or like "Your hydrosphere follows you, enemies near your hydrosphere take 20% more damage from orbs"

All your orbs are automatically supported by level 20 summon orb phantom.

External Organs fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 15, 2022

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

So there's this post:

The meat of the post is specific descriptions of what all archnemesis mods do, and holy poo poo is that a long list.

1. Are they really expecting players to identify by sight what AN mod(s) are on a rare and immediately recall exactly what that means from this list? If so they have a lot better memory than I do - I don't even recognize AN behavior a lot of the time until I'm neck deep in it. I have to mouse over the rare just to see what the mod actually is most of the time.

2. Why the gently caress did they port over ALL of the AN mods? Why do they have to have this many in the first place? Just pull maybe half or so of them, and just don't use the really lovely ones.

3. LOL

quote:

Notes:
We haven't described where certain effects add bonuses to Rare Minions (the normal monsters that spawn alongside a rare) unless they are important for the functionality of the mod.
We haven't described where mods differ on magic monsters, but generally things like auras are not present on magic monsters and certain effects occur less frequently on magic monsters. Many of the rare mods do not appear on magic monsters at all as they are too complex. There are also three mods that only appear on magic monsters: Voidspawn of Abaxoth, Spirit Walker and Union of Souls (not described above).
Rarer modifiers (towards the bottom of the list) also grant additional monster life bonuses and even better drops.

So it's actually exponentially more complex. I'm not sure this is even capable of being balanced in its current form.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

FZeroRacer posted:

warframe ended up doing the same exact thing just like, a few weeks ago by reworking their brand of rare enemies with the exact same outcome.

attempts to slow down the game with enemy oriented changes end up just hitting the lower performing builds while the meta or high performing ones end up doing just fine. and i think what they keep trying to chase is the D2 experience you get when you first play it, and not what it's become since then as people optimized their builds.

I had troubles really 'getting' warframe because of how easy it is to plow through enemies on certain builds. Theres soooo many weapons in the game that feel really unimpactful because of it. Like they dedicated so much time making weapons that end up just being a cosmetic because ur pressing some OP ability on cooldown that clears way beyond your screen.

So I'm glad to hear they are trying to reinvent the game a bit. Might revisit!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One thing Diablo did/does a hell of a lot better than PoE is visual clarity in rare monster mods, you pretty much exactly knew what you were getting into all the time. loving wallers...

Anyway the best monster mods are metamorphs, when else am I supposed to have fun dancing around Piety's death ray??

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

saintonan posted:

So there's this post:

The meat of the post is specific descriptions of what all archnemesis mods do, and holy poo poo is that a long list.

1. Are they really expecting players to identify by sight what AN mod(s) are on a rare and immediately recall exactly what that means from this list? If so they have a lot better memory than I do - I don't even recognize AN behavior a lot of the time until I'm neck deep in it. I have to mouse over the rare just to see what the mod actually is most of the time.

2. Why the gently caress did they port over ALL of the AN mods? Why do they have to have this many in the first place? Just pull maybe half or so of them, and just don't use the really lovely ones.

3. LOL

So it's actually exponentially more complex. I'm not sure this is even capable of being balanced in its current form.

I quit Archnem so early and I thought it was just I was kind of burned out on PoE etc but then I saw the exact numbers on those modifiers and got so mad lol. I thought I just sucked at the game. I guess it's kind of true still but I was wondering why everything seemed like it felt like 90% more life and damage, and it's cuz they basically are.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Getting walled and getting hit by the disco lazer beams was some classic D3 stuff really.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Made it to red maps last night on my CF KB Glad at level 87. Starting to hit the wall. My defenses aren't up to snuff but I think I need to swap to poet's pen so I can drop Spellslinger for more reservation so I can add... ? It feels like I need an empower or a truckload of dot multi gems to make more porgress.

Luckily, I dropped an ilvl78 wand with fractured +1 Spell Skills, so i can probably fund a better build now, or in a few days when I can sell it for something good.

I don't mind the archnem mods so much, but even after 2-3 nerfs, it still needs some tuning. Sentinel feels awesome except the damage reduction and increased life with archnem mods feels not so great, especially with things like delirium.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Keru posted:

I'm so happy I didn't stay with LS Raider as my starter, this RF Inq build has been fairly smooth (ignoring the one random Abaxaoth Voidspawn rare in *checks* a lvl 69 map that the game threw at me) and I've only just started to get into higher max resists.

Yeah i slapped my sentinel and then a beyond boss spawned and it got empowered and i splatted all within the first 15 seconds of a t2 map but it’s generally been good

I need to look at bumping up my gear past leveling nonsense though

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Just hit maps on Von Victons skellymage build and it was the smoothest experience I have had in a while.

Now to start grinding out currency for a dead reckoning and fleshcrafter

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

FZeroRacer posted:

[bolding mine]

meanwhile with the high performing builds

https://streamable.com/fh6ssf

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Me, pre-launch: I hate following HC builds, I’m going to gut this

Me, in reds: This build was too soft, the person planning this was weak

I’m doing VD/DD Spellslinger.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Note that divine vessels count as fragments for the purposes of the stream of consciousness node. If you have it and try to capture a map boss for a pantheon upgrade you'll just waste the map and have an empty divine vessel still sitting in your map device afterwards. No, this did not happen to me stop looking at me

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I did Von Vikton’s Skelly Mages in the last league and it creamed everything through reasonably juiced red maps. I got to a point where I started running into survivability issues and got bored of running said maps to grind my next upgrades, so I stopped playing. As a result I didn’t get around to playing most of the new bosses. Are skelly mages still as ridiculous this league?

I’m thinking of trying RF, which I’ve only played once as a reroll during endless Heist. I remember melting things just by running past them which was fun. Sounds like the Pohx build is pretty strong into reds as well?

What’s meta this league? Are RF prices as bad as skelly mage prices last league?

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Ruggan posted:

I did Von Vikton’s Skelly Mages in the last league and it creamed everything through reasonably juiced red maps. I got to a point where I started running into survivability issues and got bored of running said maps to grind my next upgrades, so I stopped playing. As a result I didn’t get around to playing most of the new bosses. Are skelly mages still as ridiculous this league?

I’m thinking of trying RF, which I’ve only played once as a reroll during endless Heist. I remember melting things just by running past them which was fun. Sounds like the Pohx build is pretty strong into reds as well?

What’s meta this league? Are RF prices as bad as skelly mage prices last league?

No balance changes have been made, so anything overpriced last league will be the same this time around. I imagine DD Ignite and RF are going to be top of the list for pricing. I'm dumb and went DD ignite, but started late and haven't actually detonated any deads yet, so I've got that to look forward to.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I've got a confusing one...

Aukuna's Will gloves say that my zombies count as corpses. If I also have Mon'tregul's Grasp which says "Enemies Killed by Zombies' Hits Explode, dealing 20% of their Life as Fire Damage", will my Detonate Dead on my own Zombie have a chance to proc that, since it is the Zombie's exploding hit?

Likewise, what about Minion Offense Mastery's "Minions have 100% Critical Strike Chance"... I seem to remember an old build that used Soul's Wick that gave your Spectres 1000% Crit Chance, and you could blow them up from Minion Instability and one-shot bosses... was that only because of the huge life pool or was the crit working on that too?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Can I get a re-invite to GOATSE? IGN ReallyHotDog

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I feel like RF isn't my style after hammering maps for a day, how is everyone else's builds going?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Ruggan posted:

Can I get a re-invite to GOATSE? IGN Mahna_Enema

Changed for meeee

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

I've got a confusing one...

Aukuna's Will gloves say that my zombies count as corpses. If I also have Mon'tregul's Grasp which says "Enemies Killed by Zombies' Hits Explode, dealing 20% of their Life as Fire Damage", will my Detonate Dead on my own Zombie have a chance to proc that, since it is the Zombie's exploding hit?

Likewise, what about Minion Offense Mastery's "Minions have 100% Critical Strike Chance"... I seem to remember an old build that used Soul's Wick that gave your Spectres 1000% Crit Chance, and you could blow them up from Minion Instability and one-shot bosses... was that only because of the huge life pool or was the crit working on that too?

No, I'm pretty certain that DD still counts as your hit, not the corpse's (or zombie's), since you're the one casting it.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Fister Roboto posted:

No, I'm pretty certain that DD still counts as your hit, not the corpse's (or zombie's), since you're the one casting it.

Yeah, if it was your zombies hit, your spell damage, fire damage, fire dot multi wouldn't scale it.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Ah ok, thanks folks.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

queeb posted:

I feel like RF isn't my style after hammering maps for a day, how is everyone else's builds going?

I just started an RF build. What’s putting you off? Any cautionary tales?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Nope it's a solid build, I thought I'd like the walking simulator but I guess I don't

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

queeb posted:

Nope it's a solid build, I thought I'd like the walking simulator but I guess I don't

It’s not a complete brick shithouse on the 3c of gear I’ve put into it so far so i keep killing myself on sentinel packs but that’s a me problem lol

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Im gonna be dumb and do Karvs ED champ from last league. He had it had 3.3m sustained/5.5m burst DPs with all of champs tank.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

so sad they are making the game easier.... insane mobs everywhere was a joy

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Hmm. I slotted the "mobs do less damage, more health" node, and now my assassin's mark + mark on hit isn't firing.

Bug? Coincidence and there's something else I should check for why it stopped working? Noticed it for two maps in a row.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Have you done an A/B test were you unallocate/reallocate that node to see if it changes?
Are those two gems linked to another Trigger gem? That would disable both Triggers.

Seeing nothing on the bug report forum about Marks or Wellspring this league.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

xZAOx posted:

Hmm. I slotted the "mobs do less damage, more health" node, and now my assassin's mark + mark on hit isn't firing.

Bug? Coincidence and there's something else I should check for why it stopped working? Noticed it for two maps in a row.

What skill are you trying to apply it with

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

queeb posted:

Im gonna be dumb and do Karvs ED champ from last league. He had it had 3.3m sustained/5.5m burst DPs with all of champs tank.

there's a vid of that build doing a warlord conq in the thread if you go back a bunch of pages

J
Jun 10, 2001

xZAOx posted:

Check your mana and anything related to mana to make sure you have enough mana for mark on hit to fire. Extra gem links, any sort of global mana cost increases, a gear swap that lowered your max mana, other trigger effects eating your mana at the same time, etc.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

xZAOx posted:

Do you have enough mana? It still costs mana to cast it when it triggers.

Also mark on hit only works on attacks which is something I didn't know until recently!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Splintering Shield MTX is legit useful for having a visual indication on Mistwall, at least as far as death recaps are concerned.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Thanks all - it was indeed mana issues. I had reworked some stuff, and ending up reserving 11 mana too much, and that's why it wasn't firing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I always have the same problem so I try to link mark on hit to lifetap if I can spare the sockets.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Just watched an uber Sirus. You've never seen such bullshit.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Comment on how many different mechanics he throws at you simultaneously or how the fight is a visual mess...

...I'm guessing both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Can anybody recommend a fun rf build? I wanted to try one last league but dipped out for Elden Ring.