Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

fart simpson posted:

better not… use words that a right wing person ever used???

yes it definitely improves the situation when everyone is constantly making a shibboleth of not doing things that a bunch of professional trolls try to co opt like “the ok hand gesture”, “drinking milk”, “frog memes”, and “the word based”

makes you look really sane and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

we’ve reached a point where 90% of UK got COVID so if there’s long term permanent effects that’s gonna be one place to look at.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

kitten emergency posted:

yes it definitely improves the situation when everyone is constantly making a shibboleth of not doing things that a bunch of professional trolls try to co opt like “the ok hand gesture”, “drinking milk”, “frog memes”, and “the word based”

makes you look really sane and cool

based

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6900631643443268866

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
woke up to some pretty based posts...

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cloks posted:

woke up to some pretty based posts...
i'm just so tired of all these

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
all your based are belong to us, is that anything?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

MononcQc posted:

we’ve reached a point where 90% of UK got COVID so if there’s long term permanent effects that’s gonna be one place to look at.

It’s hard to tell with the British

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It’s hard to tell with the British

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

edit: nah that sucked

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

lol my thought exactly

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

The Fool posted:

something like this

thing rules for smaller grocery trips - ebikes make it just so low friction to take them for most any errand under 5 miles, at least when it’s not snowing/raining

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/business/status/1525795546266574849

China can’t stop flexing on the gormless, ineffectual west

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Soylent Majority posted:

thing rules for smaller grocery trips - ebikes make it just so low friction to take them for most any errand under 5 miles, at least when it’s not snowing/raining

yeah, one of the big reasons I havent pulled the trigger yet is I would need it to work reasonably on snow/ice

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

better not… use words that a right wing person ever used???

We went from an own the libs economy to a based/cringe economy thanks to joe brandon.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
i have a fever and congestion but apparently no covid. which is good i suppose but frankly i’d rather not have either!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

spankmeister posted:

It's not at all comparable to HIV. HIV is a retrovirus that you get once and it integrates with your DNA and you can never get rid of it. SARS-CoV-2 does nothing of the sort.

There's like one immunologist on twitter that likes to take research papers out of context and claim that covid wipes out your immune system, making it permanently worse and worse each time you're infected, but there's no evidence of that. CSPAM still runs wild with it though and that's where the "covid is airborne aids" thing comes from.
the grad student in question spent about a year beating their drum about this and then one of the most eminent voices in their field (who does not exist simply to post on twitter) dropped a paper that completely disproved everything they've said top to bottom. Then they melted down about it and insisted they were saying something else entirely- because they have no ground to stand on in attacking the author of the paper

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

The Fool posted:

yeah, one of the big reasons I havent pulled the trigger yet is I would need it to work reasonably on snow/ice

worth it if it means you don't need a car for half the year or more imo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Fool posted:

something like this

my neighbor has one of these, and i see her riding her kids all over the place on it. i'm strongly considering their utility bike since i don't need a full cargo bike, but having the storage seems nice. i test rode the city bike and fat bike they make and allllllmost bought the fat bike, but decided it was a bit more than i want and after adding in accessories and such it was more than i wanted to spend. fun ride, though. they seem to have closed down their local service shop where i rode them, though, which is really annoying.

this guy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

The Fool posted:

good news, you should be able to buy one regardless shortly

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

@slowpuke is so goddamn funny but i am too old for liek 85% of their tiktoks and don't understand anything

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Corla Plankun posted:

@slowpuke is so goddamn funny but i am too old for liek 85% of their tiktoks and don't understand anything
you and me are the same. i respect her prowess but cannot make heads nor tails of most of it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

worth it if it means you don't need a car for half the year or more imo

snow and ice are a concern 7-8 months out of the year

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

good news, you should be able to buy one regardless shortly

:hmmyes:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

The Fool posted:

snow and ice are a concern 7-8 months out of the year

gross

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

my only real concession to middle age is that i avoid using youth vernacular unless i am 100% certain i do it appropriately, which tends to work out to not doing it. slippery slope until i start a presentation with a hilarious meme image 7 years out of date.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
thats pretty mid but i stan

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

that's pretty cheugy of you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lit

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
a lot of nouveau comedy just isn't terribly funny imo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

but enough about my posts,

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

have you guys been goated with the sauce? have you even broken it down sexual style yet?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
okay boomers

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

have you guys been goated with the sauce? have you even broken it down sexual style yet?
that's with cheese and onions right

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I just want to take a train somewhere I need to go

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

twice I think????

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

you're coming across a bit quirked up rn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cloks posted:

okay boomers