Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

this reminds me of somebody cant put my finger on it

https://twitter.com/solarishilton/status/1526878477567332352

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

this reminds me of somebody cant put my finger on it

https://twitter.com/solarishilton/status/1526878477567332352

professor is either very cool or these two are in big trouble

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
cjs: had hobnob hours with catering and beer and wine at a local park and danced and sang for my overlords to give them the idea that im amazing at what i do and they should definitely pay me more money soon.

the guy who gave me my tech interview when i got hired here (which i thought i bombed) showed me his recommendation from it and it was 10s across the board. loving imposter syndrome.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Asleep Style posted:

is that julian baker?

yeah. first time i’ve seen her with a full
band.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

cjs: doing some QA testing today
they need to tighten up the graphics on level 3

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hbag posted:

cjs: doing some QA testing today
they need to tighten up the graphics on level 3

how’s the jiggle physics

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

it does have pretty ladies in it actually

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

50% of games are big titty anime games now based on the switch dashboard and YouTube ads I see. At this rate the jiggling may affect the tides soon

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cjs:

ticket: crash occurred at 01:04:52.4
logs:
code:
 33, 310,  b, 1, 0, 0, 1, 8, 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 62, , 01:04:51.927 05-18-2022
 23, 321,  6, 0, 0, 0, 0, 8, d2 08 c0 6c 90 00 00 00, , 01:04:52.724 05-18-2022
gonna be one of those days :cry:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 19, 2022

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

anyway here's the game since my NDA says im allowed to talk about it because the client said it's all good

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1914580/Spirit_Hunters_Infinite_Horde/

im having fun with it despite playing it for 5 hours straight trying to break it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Cool, looks like Realm of the Mad God. Wishlisted

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

thats cool hbag

are yall like a contracted dev studio that the "devs" of that game pay to actually make the game for them? is that how it works?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Achmed Jones posted:

thats cool hbag

are yall like a contracted dev studio that the "devs" of that game pay to actually make the game for them? is that how it works?

we mostly port video games and help develop em but sometimes we do QA stuff too

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

50% of games are big titty anime games now based on the switch dashboard and YouTube ads I see. At this rate the jiggling may affect the tides soon

they're targeted ads

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'm beginning to feel like "targeted" is a misnomer nowadays

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cls: a big-rear end bumblebee got itself in here (my air conditioners do not make perfect seals with the windows), but I was able to evict the bee peacefully :smuggo:

those wing-flapping noises were loud :ohdear:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

prefect posted:

cls: a big-rear end bumblebee got itself in here (my air conditioners do not make perfect seals with the windows), but I was able to evict the bee peacefully :smuggo:

you went outside?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

fart simpson posted:

you went outside?

i went outside once already today, and i'll be going outside again this afternoon. ("outside" here means "the space between the apartment door and my car")

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

prefect posted:

i went outside once already today, and i'll be going outside again this afternoon. ("outside" here means "the space between the apartment door and my car")

ah so you're an american

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

dioxazine posted:

they're targeted ads

well they aren't working, ive never played any of them

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Bumblebees are such dopes. I was out walking and watched as one went from flower to flower and waited until I was just in the right position so it could try to fly across the sidewalk and smack me right in the face. :3:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny 290 posted:

ah so you're an american

yeah :shrug:

i'm thinking about taking a long weekend and driving up to maine -- if there are beaches i can get to, they'll probably be empty, because the water is cold

(the beaches up there are made of sharp rocks, anyway, so i should be able to walk around a little)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I started thinking about maybe taking a little weekend road trip down to Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Gonna call a tire shop and get new shoes on the truck to prep.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

prefect posted:

yeah :shrug:

i'm thinking about taking a long weekend and driving up to maine -- if there are beaches i can get to, they'll probably be empty, because the water is cold

(the beaches up there are made of sharp rocks, anyway, so i should be able to walk around a little)

if its nice out people are at the beach even if they arent swimming.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i had a weird dream where someone stole the wheels off of my venerable corolla and put it up on blocks right in my driveway. even though i never park in the driveway

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny 290 posted:

I started thinking about maybe taking a little weekend road trip down to Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Gonna call a tire shop and get new shoes on the truck to prep.

there's a design and color scheme that i think that those cities are colored with, but i can't find photographic evidence that everything looks like fading-painted adobe

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

dioxazine posted:

i had a weird dream where someone stole the wheels off of my venerable corolla and put it up on blocks right in my driveway. even though i never park in the driveway

back in the day, somebody stole the wheels from our vw bus and put it up on blocks. they also stole the 8-track player and my copy of the star wars soundtrack. i don't know if i ever really got over that

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
one time i left my car unlocked on the side of the street in front of our house and i busted a guy stealing an empty cigarette pack. he said he talked to his friend who gave him my car

i started locking my car

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

road trips are real good imo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

road trips are real good imo

I strap my lil ice chest into the passenger seat and put some lacroix fizzies and a pack of King Sooper's sushi in, for trip snacks.

last Denver <-> sf trip google maps said "6 hours 4 mins nonstop" and i made it in 6h15. i stopped once and simultaneously went into the station to pee and filled up my gas tank

it's a shame i never had kids because im such a dad

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I've started a list of places in oregon to roadtrip to once Heinrich is healthy and running again (just need to finish fixing some surface rust under the battery tray and put in a new battery and it should be fine)

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Don't pee in a gas tank Jonny

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

CPColin posted:

Don't pee in a gas tank Jonny

what if it's my ex's tank?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

All without interstates of course.

High on the list is bopping down to Mt Angel for Oregon's biggest Oktoberfest and staying in a small quaint town nearby. It's all farmland and covered bridges down there

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im pretty sad both of the miata buys fell through as i really wanted to 2lane a big rear end trip. the ford's still really good for that and i've got it set up as a little mobile camper, with a cot and heater and such, but it'd be really fun to do it in a gay little sports car

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Jonny 290 posted:

what if it's my ex's tank?

Do pee in that, yes

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Fortaleza posted:

All without interstates of course.

sometimes i think i'm going to do this but looking at a 6 hour drive turning into 10 usually restores my senses

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/SpotifyWeird/status/1526554292928364550

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

aside from the kill myself parts, eminently relatable