Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JOE VS JOHNNY 1 0.80%
HANGMAN VS TAKESHITA 98 78.40%
WORKHORSEMEN VS SWERVE AND KEITH 1 0.80%
KYLE VS REY 18 14.40%
MAKI VS BRITT 6 4.80%
JEFF VS ADAM 1 0.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I feel like being married to Daddy Magic (Mommy Magic?) would be cool but also utterly exhausting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

I feel like being married to Daddy Magic (Mommy Magic?) would be cool but also utterly exhausting

You certainly get the impression he is Always On.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lid posted:

Put the TNT belt on Takeshita and have the Takeshita open challenge.

Just put some title on Takeshita and let him have bangers with people, I want to see more of the dude.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

cum canon? who added kurt angle to the mix?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah it sure sounds like Mox is just DYING to go back to the WWE.

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1527944963383762945/

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Eat My Fuc posted:

cum canon? who added kurt angle to the mix?

Your chance of cumtruck drastic go up.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I thought Cum Canon was the talent development guy from NXT.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah it sure sounds like Mox is just DYING to go back to the WWE.

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1527944963383762945/

Kevin Dunn will get his revenge later this year when he cuts away to a crowd reaction just as Dean is grabbing the MITB briefcase.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Jerusalem posted:

Matches of the Year:

01/05 | Hangman Adam Page (C) vs. Bryan Danielson for the AEW World Title - AEW Dynamite
01/05 | MJF vs. The Captain Shawn Dean - AEW Dynamite
01/08 | Dustin Rhodes vs. Sammy Guevara - AEW Battle for the Belts
01/14 | Jurassic Express (C) vs. Dark Order (Silver/Reynolds) for the AEW Tag Titles - AEW Rampage
01/26 | Cody Rhodes (C) vs. Sammy Guevara for the TNT Championship - AEW Dynamite Beach Break
02/02 | CM Punk vs. MJF - AEW Dynamite
02/09 | Isiah Kassidy vs. Keith Lee - AEW Dynamite
02/09 | CM Punk & Jon Moxley vs. FTR - AEW Dynamite
02/09 | Hangman Adam Page (C) vs. Lance Archer in a Texas Death Match for the AEW Championship - AEW Dynamite
02/11 | The Young Bucks vs. Roppongi Vice - AEW Rampage
02/16 | Bryan Danielson vs. Lee Moriarty - AEW Dynamite
02/16 | Sammy Guevara (C) vs. Darby Allin for the TNT Championship - AEW Dynamite
02/18 | Trent? vs. Switchblade Jay White - AEW Rampage
03/04 | Sammy Guevara (C) vs. Darby Allin vs. Andrade El Idolo for the TNT Championship - AEW Rampage
03/06 | House of Black vs. Death Triangle & Erick Redbeard - AEW Revolution
03/06 | Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Kingston - AEW Revolution
03/06 | Jurassic Express (C) vs. The Young Bucks vs. reDragon for the AEW Tag Titles - AEW Revolution
03/06 | Face of the Revolution Ladder Match - AEW Revolution
03/06 | CM Punk vs. MJF in a Dog Collar match - AEW Revolution
03/06 | Jon Moxley vs. Bryan Danielson - AEW Revolution
03/06 | Sammy Guevara, Darby Allin & Sting vs. Matt Hardy, Andrade El Idolo & Isiah Kassidy - AEW Revolution
03/06 | Hangman Adam Page (C) vs. Adam Cole for the AEW Championship - AEW Revolution
03/16 | Dr. Britt Baker DMD (C) vs. Thunder Rosa in a Steel Cage match for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Dynamite St. Patrick's Day Stampede
03/23 | Sting, Darby Allin & The Hardys vs. Andrade Family Office (Private Party/Butcher & Blade) - AEW Dynamite
03/30 | Bryan Danielson vs. Wheeler Yuta - AEW Dynamite
04/06 | FTR (C) vs. The Young Bucks for the ROH and AAA Tag Team Titles - AEW Dynamite
04/08 | Jon Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta - AEW Rampage
04/13 | Jurassic Express (C) vs. reDRagon for the AEW Tag Titles - AEW Dynamite
04/13 | Minoru Suzuki (C) vs. Samoa Joe for the ROH Television Championship - AEW Dynamite
04/15 | Hangman Adam Page (C) vs. Adam Cole for the AEW World Title in a Texas Death Match - AEW Rampage
04/27 | Dax Harwood vs. Cash Wheeler - AEW Dynamite
04/27 | Sammy Guevara (C) vs. Scorpio Sky in a Ladder Match for the TNT Championship - AEW Dynamite
05/04 | Dante Martin vs. Rey Fénix - AEW Dynamite
05/06 | Riho vs. Yuka Sakazaki - AEW Rampage
05/11 | Adam Cole vs. Dax Harwood in the Owen Hart Memorial Tournament Quarterfinal - AEW Dynamite
05/11 | Darby Allin vs. Jeff Hardy in an Anything Goes Match in the Owen Hart Memorial Tournament Quarterfinal - AEW Dynamite
05/14 | Eddie Kingston vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW Capital Collision
05/18 | Hangman Adam Page vs. Konosuke Takeshita - AEW Dynamite
05/18 | Kyle O'Reilly vs. Fénix in the Owen Hart Memorial Tournament Quarterfinal - AEW Dynamite

MOTY by Promotion:

AEW: 38 |

Just a quick glance of the AEW Matches of the Year for 2022 so far - how many had builds over 1 week?

The Hausu Usher fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 22, 2022

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Hey! (EW) with Ricky Starks and Powerhouse Hobbs is up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7FZDBWtyKk

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Oasx posted:

Stroke Daddy with the blowout

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Oasx posted:

one of these days this show will miss but it's not today

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/1528346742084747264

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

I'd even be okay with Sky's double turn reversal if it didn't involve Sammy immediately. If we're insisting on the intergender match but won't fit it in DoN, then let Sky have one more scumbag defense first before Kaz starts chaperoning Sammy and Tay. (also there should be at least one promo where Kaz is standing between them just so they don't make out during the promo and hten he still has to like slap their hands away as they try to hold hands behind him)

The weirdest thing, to me, is that Kaz isn't that over as a face, isn't seen by the audience as a potential main eventer, and has barely been on television in the last year, and they expect him to right this ship. If he does, I guess give him the world title, because that poo poo would be a miracle. If we're just grabbing a guy who only wins on Dark, you could have inserted Fuego, Chuck Taylor, Max Caster or literally any member of Dark Order into this feud instead and it would have been more interesting.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like at this point AEW has tried a dozen different things to get SCU over as main event level and basically none of it has worked, first world tag Champs, extended feuding with the bucks, THE ELITE HUNTER, sky kicking down the door (lol), all this nonsense now. Billy and his 6 wrestling sons got the assclaimed over in 30 seconds, give max the tnt title and let him rap on and beat up someone every week

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

smarxist posted:

i feel like at this point AEW has tried a dozen different things to get SCU over as main event level and basically none of it has worked, first world tag Champs, extended feuding with the bucks, THE ELITE HUNTER, sky kicking down the door (lol), all this nonsense now. Billy and his 6 wrestling sons got the assclaimed over in 30 seconds, give max the tnt title and let him rap on and beat up someone every week

Who are the six? There's the rear end Boys (fake sons), the Acclaimed (real sons), and who else?

Also yeah Acclaimed TNT run would own. Defend under Freebirds rule for the singles title too, gently caress it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think there's a third rear end boy at least

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

smarxist posted:

Please. Nobody loves the Assclaimed.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

CobiWann posted:

Mods??

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

CobiWann posted:

Look buddy I know we like to joke around here and have a good time but there's some things you just don't say.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

smarxist posted:

The big difference is that everyone loves the acclaimed, because max is a funny rap guy and bowens is a charisma well. Whereas SCU is constantly used as a vehicle to get other people over. In order, Omega/Hangman as a legit tag team, the bucks as full blown heels, the elite as world beaters, darby as a world beater, and sammy as a face. None of the programs thus far have meant to actually elevate SCU themselves.

Edit: have the acclaimed actually had a program yet beyond a one week build against the bucks?

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 22, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CobiWann posted:

It should be illegal to spread falsehoods like this

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Oasx posted:

Another banger episode

I noticed when they talked about current and former members of Team Taz they didn't mention Hook

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Defenestrategy posted:

Edit: have the acclaimed actually had a program yet beyond a one week build against the bucks?

there was that bit where max threw a baguette at julia then went to sensitivity training for a month and put his gear up for auction and read an approved rap from tony when he came back

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjX6F1VVBFo&hd=1

lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1528390226011467779
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1528390979773947907

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I think the mods might like 'em.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Mysterious Q, his finisher is the Q-drop. I'm just joking.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
When is Infinito coming back to AEW?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Can’t believe they have reduced Reynolds to enhancement talent on Elevation

I blame Punk.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

Seems weird to debut this guy on Dark after a 5 year viral marketing campaign to build the hype.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Lee Moriarty should definitely beat Reynolds in singles

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

smarxist posted:

AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

we were so blessed to have yuka, emi, and maki at the same show in houston

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Oasx posted:

When is Infinito coming back to AEW?

Travel restrictions with the infinite universe from the beginning and end of time need to be relaxed or lifted first, can't wait to have him back tho. Also I hear he might be injured?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mr. Squishy posted:

No no, that's the other guy, this guy just does the Q-Tip

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

Can’t believe they have reduced Reynolds to enhancement talent on Elevation

I blame Punk.

Hell, I’m thankin’ Punk!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Q and Hyan kick rear end, stoked to see them get some matches

Penguin Patrol