Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

not_superiority posted:

i figured it took so long because of supply chain issues

my bad, and yeah i fully expected that same conclusion. doesn't hurt to confirm it

funny story though, toooo many people that have lived in the galveston area for most of their lives didn't know what juneteenth was until biden made it a holiday last year. i remember being taught about it in school too lol

Just wait til they find out that the Great Value Pride ice cream isn’t made by an LGBTQ+ owned company either.

I knew about Juneteenth since I was a kid and in Florida so it’s definitely a known thing outside of Galveston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

mdemone posted:

I have bad news for you about the custodial system in family court

Well yeah, I mean if every unfit parent lost their child in the US the backlog of cases would be decades long

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

kalensc posted:

Huh, I have had Muge Cevik on my "consent manufacturer" shitlist along with Oster and Silver and a bunch of the other worst of the worst.

Did she pivot, or is she a mixed bag of takes

No clue, thread got posted and seems legit, if it’s a problem I can remove it

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Ebola Roulette posted:

:siren:

I'm way late on the peanut butter thing
(thread bankruptcy)

but even if you've been eating out of the jar throw it away

Peanut butter has pockets due to the way they mix it and one part of the jar can be contaminated with salmonella while other parts are not

What's going on with peanut butter?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Trixie Hardcore posted:

No clue, thread got posted and seems legit, if it’s a problem I can remove it

iirc she tried to go after Leonardi’s job

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

sullat posted:

The new salmonella flavor isn't going over too well with shoppers

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mmmm… smoked salmon peanut butter

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

T-Paine posted:

Well yeah, I mean if every unfit parent lost their child in the US the backlog of cases would be decades long

honestly I don't know how those people do their jobs every day. that floor of the courthouse is like the first couple levels of hell in Dante

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

mawarannahr posted:

iirc she tried to go after Leonardi’s job

No I mean the thread, like if the data is bad

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

sullat posted:

https://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/senftenberg-05-22/index.html

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Trixie Hardcore posted:

data....bad?!?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Trixie Hardcore posted:

no idea. my mind average and I only know events and people.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Lacrosse posted:

The new salmonella flavor isn't going over too well with shoppers

Lmao I just got some recently better check to see if any of it qualifies.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 19:10 on Mar 11, 2023

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Joementum posted:

it's kind of funny that we've decided to repeat the "it's not airborne" mistake

It's a mistake if your goal is avoid the virus

It's necessary if you don't want the business tyrants you represent to be required to install filters.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
well ill be a monkey's poxcle

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
This was in the replies to the king county thing. Weird that this virus that doesn't spread easily and isn't a danger to the general public keeps spreading everywhere. Maybe somebody should let it know it's not supposed to do that

https://twitter.com/SaltLakeHealth/status/1528759127098503168

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

NeonPunk posted:

Monkeypox is an enveloped virus, it has a lipid shell around it. Regular soap would work just perfectly fine against this.

Just uhhh, don't overdo it and wind up with cracked and dry skin where you create an opening for it to enter lol

ah, like the many workers forced to use alcohol or that pink stuff all day, who end up with cracked, weeping hands?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Dog Case posted:

This was in the replies to the king county thing. Weird that this virus that doesn't spread easily and isn't a danger to the general public keeps spreading everywhere. Maybe somebody should let it know it's not supposed to do that

https://twitter.com/SaltLakeHealth/status/1528759127098503168

stop buttfucking!!!!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I’m begging you please don’t tell my date I have the clap

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I saw a person riding a unicycle and removing a surgical mask at the same time while exiting a light rail station. Lib party tricks

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Washington state's weekly update, cobbled together from the excel reports Cumulative Counts and EpiCurve Counts.

Cases (PCR + Antigen)

Cases are dated as first specimen date of either PCR or antigen test. This includes reinfections by CSTE and CDC definitions for specimen taken since Sept. 1st, 2021.
pre:
Cases      Changes in state counts reported:					7-Day
week of:     ≥6 wks  5wk ago  4wk ago  3wk ago  2wk ago  1wk ago  This week	Total:
May 22	         -        -        -        -        -        -        + 30        30
May 15		 -        -        -        -        -       96    + 18,113    18,209
May 08		 -        -        -        -       86   16,114     + 2,581    18,781
May 01		 -        -        -       64   13,951    1,465       + 422    15,902
Apr 24		 -        -       47   18,830   -5,424      180        + 19    13,652
Apr 17		 -       53    9,460    1,155      156       32         + 8    10,864
Apr 10       1,415    5,557      798       69       30       10         + 1     7,880
All Prior   11,915	499    1,148      875      219    1,004       + 260        
Hospitalizations

Hospitalizations of Washington state residents dated by week of first admission due to confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
pre:
Hosp.      Changes in state counts reported:					7-Day
week of:     ≥6 wks  5wk ago  4wk ago  3wk ago  2wk ago  1wk ago  This week	Total:
May 22	         -        -        -        -        -        -        + 12        12
May 15		 -        -        -        -        -       13       + 434       447
May 08		 -        -        -        -       13      396        + 57       466
May 01		 -        -        -        6      352       19        + 16       393
Apr 24		 -        -        9      411      -98       14        - 4        332
Apr 17		 -        1      263       10       12        2        + 1        289
Apr 10          37      132        8       22       -3        -        + 0        196
All Prior      246	 34       30       39       14       71       + 10        
Deaths

Deaths due to confirmed/suspected COVID-19 are dated as week of first positive specimen date, regardless of now many positive tests were taken or test type. Further note on death definitions found here: https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/files/legacy/Documents/1600/coronavirus/data-tables//422-225-DeathCategories.pdf?uid=628c12ad51079
pre:
Deaths*    Changes in state counts reported:					7-Day
May 15	         -        -        -        -        -        -         + 2        2
May 08		 -        -        -        -        -        2         + 9       11
May 01		 -        -        -        -        -        9        + 12       21
Apr 24		 -        -        -        1       12       12        + 13       38
Apr 17		 -        -        2        6        5        7         + 7       27
Apr 10		 -        2        4        2        1        1         + 3       13
Apr 03	         6        1        4        4        2        2         + 0       19
All Prior       68	 34       32       25       16       37        + 14        
Animations!

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Shear Modulus posted:

There's no evidence yet that monkeypox is airborne

If someone with monkeypox was on a plane then the virus was definitely airborne.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Whatever is causing an apparent doubling time of twenty-four hours, it’s not fomites lying in wait and striking people who ride the bus for the next six months.

i don't think the apparent doubling time of cases should be taken seriously currently since we're still in the process of expanding surveillance of the virus

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

I was given weeping sores from monkeypox. But I never hated it. I said, "Thank you for your pustules."

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

"i wish covid was over"

*the monkey's pox bursts*

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Pustules and organ damage are just opportunities to grow as a person

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Platystemon posted:

I’m hundreds of replies behind because I’m on the road today, so feel free to laugh at me if there’s a “smoking toilet seat” now, but I think y’all are overreacting to learning of the environmental stability of poxviruses.

It’s not great, it would be convenient if the threat models for monkeypox and SARS-CoV-2 overlapped perfectly.

It is a nightmare to nurse someone with monkeypox, for one.

But the fomite stability is longstanding and baked into the R-naught of smallpox/monkeypox. Whatever is causing an apparent doubling time of twenty-four hours, it’s not fomites lying in wait and striking people who ride the bus for the next six months.

The nightmare isn’t fomite-spread monkeypox. It’s airborne monkeypox.

Obviously at a community level if the airborne transmission increased that's what really drives the spread and makes it a health disaster.

At the individual level, most of us here are equipped to handle airborne viruses at this point. If it was just another COVID (lol) or bird flu or something at this point, okay, we know what to do at least to keep ourselves safe. But most people are not even remotely equipped to handle serious fomite spread. If we hit the equivalent of a delta or god forbid, omicron wave of something like monkeypox, you would not be able to order groceries or get packages delivered at all, realistically, as you would not be able to sanitize everything adequately. Even if you tried to receive only sanitize-able materials (no paper, cloth, produce whatsoever, etc...) unless you own a stockpile of tyvek suits and know how to perfectly don and doff them without mistakes every single time, eventually everyone is hosed. Unless you literally grow your own food and don't receive anything from the outside, you will not keep it out of your house forever if there is rampant community spread.

You won't even be able to get clean PPE delivered. It will be on the boxes and inside on the gloves and masks. Sucks to be you if there's literally any medicine you need of any kind (you cannot sanitize a pill in a jar). If it's actually airborne in a way that it could spread widely and rapidly and then also last on surfaces, that's straight up inescapable. That's not a virus that can be beaten by NPIs. Unless you live on a homestead completely isolated, humans need physical goods from the outside world to live, and many of those goods are not sanitizable. The only way out is immunity either through infection or sterilizing vaccine.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not saying that it IS that bad, because I don't think there's evidence of ongoing airborne spread (yet, obviously it is possible to transmit airborne, just not sure how much). I'm saying if that IS the case, it's the addition of real fomite transmission to a widespread disease (driven by whatever means, obviously usually airborne) that makes it so incredibly dangerous and crack-ping inducing.

Rescue Toaster has issued a correction as of 02:12 on May 24, 2022

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
lol at all the cope that monkeypox isn’t airborne.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

anyone who thinks monkey pox isn't airborne clearly has never seen monkeys swing around in trees they're pretty fuckin' airborne and so are their poxes

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 19:11 on Mar 11, 2023

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

mdemone posted:

data....bad?!?

Yeah like if that thread has fake studies and poo poo. I don’t want to post fake news in the OP but I’m not going to read everything in the OP and verify its total veracity either because I make zero dollars keeping the OP updated and I don’t have the time to do that. I have to rely on y’all to an extent to let me know if something I post is incorrect or misleading.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Shiroc posted:

Pustules and organ damage are just opportunities to grow as a person

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

kreeningsons posted:

i don't think the apparent doubling time of cases should be taken seriously currently since we're still in the process of expanding surveillance of the virus

yeah we aren't gonna get a solid number sure, but there's definitely more cases every day which is bad

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

blatman posted:

anyone who thinks monkey pox isn't airborne clearly has never seen monkeys swing around in trees they're pretty fuckin' airborne and so are their poxes

Wait, isn’t monkeypox spread mostly by rodents, wouldn’t we only have to worry that it’s airborne for the rodents that can jump pretty high?

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

They were harassing people itt for being too careful about covid and not wanting to get jumped by anti-maskers so someone bought them the most confusing red text ever in retaliation

I was harassing people for not trusting their respirators. If someone had said "I'm afraid I'd get assaulted if I wore a mask" I wouldn't have disputed that. It was people saying "I have a p100 elastomeric and I'm still too afraid I'll get covid to go to the grocery store" that I was arguing with. I think whoever bought the text is implying/hoping I get assaulted by antimaskers, because I do go out everywhere in an elastomeric.

Regardless, I've decided not to do that any more because it doesn't benefit anyone.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Rescue Toaster posted:

Obviously at a community level if the airborne transmission increased that's what really drives the spread and makes it a health disaster.

At the individual level, most of us here are equipped to handle airborne viruses at this point. If it was just another COVID (lol) or bird flu or something at this point, okay, we know what to do at least to keep ourselves safe. But most people are not even remotely equipped to handle serious fomite spread. If we hit the equivalent of a delta or god forbid, omicron wave of something like monkeypox, you would not be able to order groceries or get packages delivered at all, realistically, as you would not be able to sanitize everything adequately. Even if you tried to receive only sanitize-able materials (no paper, cloth, produce whatsoever, etc...) unless you own a stockpile of tyvek suits and know how to perfectly don and doff them without mistakes every single time, eventually everyone is hosed. Unless you literally grow your own food and don't receive anything from the outside, you will not keep it out of your house forever if there is rampant community spread.

You won't even be able to get clean PPE delivered. It will be on the boxes and inside on the gloves and masks. Sucks to be you if there's literally any medicine you need of any kind (you cannot sanitize a pill in a jar). If it's actually airborne in a way that it could spread widely and rapidly and then also last on surfaces, that's straight up inescapable. That's not a virus that can be beaten by NPIs. Unless you live on a homestead completely isolated, humans need physical goods from the outside world to live, and many of those goods are not sanitizable. The only way out is immunity either through infection or sterilizing vaccine.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not saying that it IS that bad, because I don't think there's evidence of ongoing airborne spread (yet, obviously it is possible to transmit airborne, just not sure how much). I'm saying if that IS the case, it's the addition of real fomite transmission to a widespread disease (driven by whatever means, obviously usually airborne) that makes it so incredibly dangerous and crack-ping inducing.

uh what about that time before smallpox was eradicated?

these diseases have spread in the past, and we have plenty of ways to decontaminate surfaces and avoid exposure.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it's a little concerning that the number of new monkeypox cases keeps going up every day and the general consensus of everyone in power is that it's fine and we don't have to do anything. it's just gonna go away on its own i guess. the equilibrium point to which all novel diseases gravitate is "no disease." because that's what it was before they appeared you see, so it will just go back to being that way, no actions required.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Wait, isn’t monkeypox spread mostly by rodents, wouldn’t we only have to worry that it’s airborne for the rodents that can jump pretty high?

such as the roof rats that my landlord won't do anything about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Computer Serf posted:

uh what about that time before smallpox was eradicated?

these diseases have spread in the past, and we have plenty of ways to decontaminate surfaces and avoid exposure.

Ancient peasant: ye gods, a pox, we must cleanse our cities of the curse
Americans: gently caress you these are freedom boils