Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i think i have an aug something on a non-max-level harvest lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

xZAOx posted:

Harvest 1.0 was quite deterministic, and that's what they'll likely never, ever introduce again. The only league mechanic I've ever thought was worth my time while leveling. It was accessible to even casual players. Which means for the hundreds of hours per league types, they could exploit the bejesus out of, with much, much less layers of rng to get through.
I came back to PoE just for Harvest because I love farming mechanics. I proceeded to get the furthest in the game I ever got before and had the most fun playing the game ever.

The fact GGG can't really cater to that is sad and funny.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Legit advice - if you're unable to sell a full aug on TFT cause of vouches, sell some change green to red or reroll prefixes or whatever for free. You don't need that many vouches to be seen as legit and it's almost definitely worth the cost to ya.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I can't deny the usefulness of TFT, but I still hate interacting with it. I try to avoid it unless absolutely necessary. I usually only buy/sell a couple of crafts per league.

I did just do my first ever full simulacrum clear. Fully deathless too. Phantasmal cremation doesn't map that efficiently, but it is a nearly unkillable stationary arc welder. Here is a video of the wave 30. The other waves were pretty much just like this one, except less interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jULcnK8ILU

Edit: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FilthyMonkey/characters

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 25, 2022

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

xZAOx posted:

Harvest 1.0 was quite deterministic, and that's what they'll likely never, ever introduce again. The only league mechanic I've ever thought was worth my time while leveling. It was accessible to even casual players. Which means for the hundreds of hours per league types, they could exploit the bejesus out of, with much, much less layers of rng to get through.

Everything is deterministic when you have infinite tries

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Noper Q posted:

Also, they realized that reflect being on random monsters was a terrible idea and removed it years ago. What could have possessed them to add it back in?

They didn't. Effigy gets hit by *monsters* and deals damage to you as if you got hit, and also it's considered reflected damage so you can reduce it via things that reduce reflected damage.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Arzachel posted:

Everything is a 50% chance, it either happens or it doesn't

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Arzachel posted:

Stochastic Crafting

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Monte Carlo crafting

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

For every failed crafting outcome there is a parallel timeline where it succeeded, even one where the Fuseshredder got six linked in one

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

qnqnx posted:

For every failed crafting outcome there is a parallel timeline where it succeeded, even one where the Fuseshredder got six linked in one

:eyepop:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Um, mods? Are we going to allow such blatant falsehoods to be posted?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today I killed Uber Uber Elder with 1,300 HP. It felt very good, and I'm pleased with this outcome.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

After taking forever just to get T16 maps to do for the first invitations, I dropped an omni on the first exarch fight. lmao

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

qnqnx posted:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elentor posted:

Today I killed Uber Uber Elder with 1,300 HP. It felt very good, and I'm pleased with this outcome.

Is this “gitting gud”

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Uh, I've done eater of worlds exactly 4 times and had ashes drop twice. I've also had aegis drop for me this league. I started gambling for heavy belts because surely I'm on a streak and mageblood is just around the corner. Having, what is to me, an insane amount of exalts has really proven that when someone says a build is a league starter, it really is just a league starter. The dps on RF really does cap out around 700k. No amount of ex will crank that up without sacrificing defenses and it's really the fire trap that carries you since it can kill bosses. Having 50ex in my currency tab also makes me sad when mageblood is 200ex and just still incredibly out of reach. It might as well be 2000ex. I need to learn how to shift to a different build that can scale in a better way and trash all the content quickly.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Foo posted:

Is this “gitting gud”

yes, also "six layers of defense" :D

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I guess as another note, I've never really got to a point where I could invest in a watcher's eye and awakened gems. I guess I could always give that a shot too.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That reminds me I still need awakened swift affliction... man farming Maven without consistent pinnacle invitations blows

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

RF scales really well and does trash all of the content quickly. It clears maps really fast and does bosses well and safely.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

neurotech posted:

I'm looking for some advice on how to re-tool my Skeleton Mages necro to be more single-target focussed for bossing. Apart from replacing Volley with Hypothermia and getting a 6L Fleshcrafter so I can use Predator in my links, what else can I do?

Look through my post history to see my posts on necro skele mage from last league.

My major points were minion helm, +2 convoking wand with zealotry effect, and zealotry generosity.

And ashes. Of course ashes. All together that will probably be about 100-140ex depending on how good (like, right up to where cost/benefit really starts to tank) you want those specific rolls to be.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there a reason my annointed passive shows up as "unallocated"?

Or if I have an extra unspent passive point is shows up as "requirements not met".

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is there a reason my annointed passive shows up as "unallocated"?

Or if I have an extra unspent passive point is shows up as "requirements not met".

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/djf7gz/question_tribal_fury_showing_as_unallocated_in_my/

Apparently it's just a UI thing but still works

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Weird, OK. Thanks

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
uggghhh I need to make another 30ex to fund my next build and I'm just making absolutely nothing running maps

getting fuckall for drops

only exception is a decent pile of simulacra but they're worth peanuts this league, and the occasional temple which at best still doesn't break an ex

up to 95 on my cf glad and blasting through maps and just not seeing profit

this is why I can sometimes get frustrated when people say "just play more"

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

theshim posted:

uggghhh I need to make another 30ex to fund my next build and I'm just making absolutely nothing running maps

getting fuckall for drops

only exception is a decent pile of simulacra but they're worth peanuts this league, and the occasional temple which at best still doesn't break an ex

up to 95 on my cf glad and blasting through maps and just not seeing profit

this is why I can sometimes get frustrated when people say "just play more"
one of the suggestions I've seen is favouring nothing but glacial, running towards the middle where you should be surrounded by a few packs, then hitting red and blue sentinel with currency rewards on them. then you can leave and not bother with the boss or tunnel

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Every map you run rn is worth 7c, setting aside literally everything else, just because the invitation they generate are worth an ex each. Eater of worlds maps are 7.5c/map.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Embers sell like hotcakes too. With good eldrich alter luck and the extra damage node I've pulled out 20+ grand embers from a map before, which is easy money. It is honestly hard not to make money this league.

I'll second the glacier strategy. Round up big packs and pandemonium sentinel them. Lots of density at the start.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Hmm, guess it's time to re-redo my Atlas tree, especially since Harbinger has been super underwhelming to me (would've lumped Beyond with it, but I definitely had an Ex drop from a Beyond rare, so it's off the shitlist for now).

Also, loving Gravicius drop a loving body armor so I can get that loving %life as ES craft already :argh:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Hmm, guess it's time to re-redo my Atlas tree, especially since Harbinger has been super underwhelming to me (would've lumped Beyond with it, but I definitely had an Ex drop from a Beyond rare, so it's off the shitlist for now).

Also, loving Gravicius drop a loving body armor so I can get that loving %life as ES craft already :argh:

assuming you're playing trade,

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/M65nJGsJ

not guaranteed that you'll get it on the first one, but not a low chance, either

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

harbinger is definitely luck-based but i've had a couple of raw exalts off of it so i'm pleased enough with it considering i'm just throwing rusted scarabs in

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Foo posted:

Is this “gitting gud”

To be honest the only practical difference is that you have to deal with the touhou phase in both Uber Shaper and Uber Uber Elder. gently caress this name is so long. How should we call it, Duber Elder, Super Elder,

On Uber Cortex:
This is the easiest of all new Ubers, I think, because you can just implode it. It doesn't have a lot of HP, the adds are the most dangerous part of the fight (for me). You can just kill it instantly and since the bosses don't have forced invulnerability phases (or just a shitload of HP like Searing Exarch) there's nothing much going.

On Uber Shaper:
The double shaper clone doesn't really affect the fight that much. It's less worse than the Maven clone, because the official clones are smart and disappear during the touhou phase, whereas Maven's doesn't and is much worse to deal with.
The touhou phase can spawn extremely close to the edges and/or on top of you, making camping strategies not as efficient. In regular Shaper you can stay on certain spots and ignore everything but with Uber Shaper sometimes he'll just spam everything on the same side to cover every corner.

On Uber Uber Elder:
It's the same fight. The extremely long duration of the Elder Nova threw myself off the first times.

And I guess because both fights are the way they are everything is still dodgeable. The touhou phase in Uber Shaper is a bit bullshit though, I'll be the first to admit. At least there's enough space in the Uber Uber Elder. But otherwise it's the same Uber Elder fight, you orbwalk and don't stand still too long.

Uber Uber Elder is possibly my favorite fight in the game right now, but it's really expensive and doesn't yield much compared to Uber Shaper. I had a 300% profit on the 30 Uber Shapers that I measured for a total of +19ex, but on the other hand I didn't even make a fraction of what I spent on Uber Uber Elder. Both are connected, I guess, because Shaper fragments are a guaranteed profit on doing Shaper, and there's nothing guaranteed on Uber Elder that is worth anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWuPgypmSmk

On Uber Sirus:
I like this fight the least. Sirus was already a messy, broken fight, and Uber Sirus is more mess. The storm that spawns in the center of the arena has no warning - which to me is just terrible boss design. Since the storm deals so much damage, you are guaranteed to die at least once if you go in blind (or even if you expect there to be a telegraph). The maze is undoable, no matter how quickly you react, if you don't have a certain movement speed threshold. I get the original meteor maze was a bit too easy and gave too much leeway but going for "extremely tight instead hope you have 55%+ on demand" sucks.

And the biggest offender is that unlike the other fights you are pretty much obligated to take damage in the maze because of the degen pools. In fact you can be teleported on top of one, so you can't even make the argument that you can skip them with a movement skill.

I don't have many thoughts on Searing Exarch other than that it's impossible to do the maze in São Paulo because of desyncs so I actually do it on Washington with 140ms latency because it's easier. Haven't done Eater of Worlds yet.
I think Withering Step is a great skill for all of these fights. Temporal Rift and Withering Step allow you to outmaneuver Uber Searing Exarch's Annihilation, the Touhou phase, Temporal Rift helps against being caught in a bad spot in Elder where you're forced to eat a beam, and it makes possible to dodge Die Beams depending on how hosed up your positioning is.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 25, 2022

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
lol that the happiest players this league are the ones who do literally nothing but bosses ^

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
ggg 3.19: bosses now get archnemesis mods

E: on that note, thread has a new poll. We're also due for a new thread title, so someone say something funny soon, please

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 25, 2022

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Elentor posted:

Uber Takes

Basically all of this, although I'm doing these on about 2m~ DPS right now, not 20m. Uber Shaper right now is a 5 minute ordeal for me.

uSirus is really dumb. uShaper I don't enjoy that much because while it's doable on 2m, going the distance with this fight is tough. I think I'd like it a lot more if the arena wasn't so irregular. uuElder is really loving fun and is also my favorite fight in the game. Same problem I have with uShaper where going the distance feels really bad. I haven't done uCortex yet. I don't like the uExarch that much (and haven't finished it successfully yet), but at least the fight *works* unlike uSirus.

I moved my character off of SSF and am I'm thinking about just getting an Omni and redoing these all with substantially more damage and see how that feels.

Canine Blues Arooo fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 25, 2022

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I will never fight a boss.

This game is really boring with its one location and two enemy types tho.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

docbeard posted:

I will never fight a boss.

This game is really boring with its one location and two enemy types tho.

play something other than delve

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

assuming you're playing trade,

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/M65nJGsJ

not guaranteed that you'll get it on the first one, but not a low chance, either

I'm absolutely sure I'll need 5 or 6 of those to get it and I'll be Real Mad over it.

At least on my first Catarina fight I got the support gem mod.

Jazerus posted:

play something other than delve

Can't play Delve if you never get off Twilight Strand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spring leagues are tough. So much going on all the time in May.