Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

quote:

You have already voted on this poll.

Lies!

e: if it would let me, I would vote "Needs more work"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

assuming you're playing trade,

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/M65nJGsJ

not guaranteed that you'll get it on the first one, but not a low chance, either

Today I learned that you can filter veiled items by who dropped them :eyepop:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Can't play Delve if you never get off Twilight Strand

I'll have you know I get off in the twilight strand a lot I mean what

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Magus42 posted:

Lies!

e: if it would let me, I would vote "Needs more work"

Oh I might need to get an admin to delete the poll so I can remake it.

Fister Roboto posted:

yeah it owns. I'm bad about doing tons of heist, but I hate not having the mods ready to craft when I need them

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 25, 2022

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

yeah and thank god for that, the stricter filters have all the garbage filtered out so you don't keep getting the same 3 lovely mods nobody ever needs when you want to just zoom over maps

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Filthy Monkey posted:

Embers sell like hotcakes too. With good eldrich alter luck and the extra damage node I've pulled out 20+ grand embers from a map before, which is easy money. It is honestly hard not to make money this league.

I'll second the glacier strategy. Round up big packs and pandemonium sentinel them. Lots of density at the start.

Uh... what is an ember?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Eldritch_Ember

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

someone say something funny soon, please

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Wuxi posted:

RF scales really well and does trash all of the content quickly. It clears maps really fast and does bosses well and safely.

Spent my 50ex and went awakened gems, nice watcher's eye, and cluster jewels. My AoE is now up to 800k+, fire traps destroy bosses, and I'm practically unkillable unless I'm in a menu. Turns out if you have 100ex in a character, you can do everything!

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
And my love/hate relationship with shield charge continues.
You're zooming around like a crazy maniac and it feel glorious. Then you hit a pebble.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

poemdexter posted:

Spent my 50ex and went awakened gems, nice watcher's eye, and cluster jewels. My AoE is now up to 800k+, fire traps destroy bosses, and I'm practically unkillable unless I'm in a menu. Turns out if you have 100ex in a character, you can do everything!

If that's tooltip RF damage, I'm at like half of your DPS and still think this is a pretty fast build lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McFrugal posted:

Uh... what is an ember?

exarch influence currency

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

lol that the happiest players this league are the ones who do literally nothing but bosses ^

I killed Exarch then next map died instantly to a trash mob from a chest

sums up the entire league for me

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

victrix posted:

I mean Ziz got 3rd in the HCSSF boss race and then died to a blue mob on a map that he had juiced with some altars that were not kind to him

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

victrix posted:

At multiple points I've thought my build just sucked and I'd put it together significantly wrong or something because random map mobs would take literally a minute or two to kill. Then I'd be super surprised when an actual boss just dies in a few seconds.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The defensive mods are loving stupid rn

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
OK, this is a very stupid question that I am embarrassed to ask but I am such a guidebot that I have to.

There's a shield ring in the templar area that has two paths to the keystone. One side has +3% spell block and +4 all resist.

The other side is just +3% spell block.

Literally every guide and every build I see on POEninja takes the top line without the all res. Am I insane or is this free real estate?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What about the other node. Maybe that's the valuable one. Like one of the small passives in the shield wheel up by Shadow has ailment avoidance so nobody ever takes the bottom half.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should be taking bottom unless you want to take the entire wheel. I imagine they have different budgets so that you don't end up with 16% elemental resistance to go with your 12% spell block.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

whypick1 posted:

Hmm, guess it's time to re-redo my Atlas tree, especially since Harbinger has been super underwhelming to me (would've lumped Beyond with it, but I definitely had an Ex drop from a Beyond rare, so it's off the shitlist for now).

Also, loving Gravicius drop a loving body armor so I can get that loving %life as ES craft already :argh:

got gravi craft on my first kill when farming foothills on league start ;)

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Larry Parrish posted:

What about the other node. Maybe that's the valuable one. Like one of the small passives in the shield wheel up by Shadow has ailment avoidance so nobody ever takes the bottom half.

Nope.

Elentor posted:

You should be taking bottom unless you want to take the entire wheel. I imagine they have different budgets so that you don't end up with 16% elemental resistance to go with your 12% spell block.

They all just take the bottom path.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

von Braun posted:

got gravi craft on my first kill when farming foothills on league start ;)

I would love if they just nuked Betrayal entirely and fixed heist so the quest contacts are gone, no level reqs, and no heist equipment (except trinkets I guess).

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Salvor_Hardin posted:

They all just take the bottom path.

Yes, I understood that. What I mean is that if they're split that way it's either a design error or you're meant to take the bottom path and if you decide to get the top for extra spell block it doesn't come with the free all res because spell block is pretty powerful as it is, in case you take the 5 points.

weird vanilla
Mar 20, 2002
When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

OK, this is a very stupid question that I am embarrassed to ask but I am such a guidebot that I have to.

There's a shield ring in the templar area that has two paths to the keystone. One side has +3% spell block and +4 all resist.

The other side is just +3% spell block.

Literally every guide and every build I see on POEninja takes the top line without the all res. Am I insane or is this free real estate?

Is it that you can reach the notable with three points invested rather than four?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

weird vanilla posted:

Is it that you can reach the notable with three points invested rather than four?

It this

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah there's also that. You're forced to spend another point if you take the bottom route.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

weird vanilla posted:

Yes, that's it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Swapped my PConc for a Spectral Helix build tonight. At first I thought, "oh I'm short a few instilling orbs, I can just manually press 1-3, right?"

No. But after spending way longer than it should've taken on bulk exchange trading, I'm now unkillable by everything I can reach except a single t16 boss on a map with "can't leech" in an arena with no adds. Hooray!

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 26, 2022

Granstein
May 22, 2006

Accuse children card game celebrities of adultery and I will not shut the fuck up about it. LSV did not cheat on his wife. He found love in another woman's vagina like Garfield intended.

dyzzy posted:

If that's tooltip RF damage, I'm at like half of your DPS and still think this is a pretty fast build lol

Yeah, I'd be shocked if with all that gear your RF wasn't close to 2mil in PoB. I had good but not great gear before I rerolled, no watchers eye and one awakened gem that I randomly found off veritania and I was at about 1.5mil. The fire trap does about twice that, but RF itself is still a ton of damage these days.

That being said, it felt pretty poo poo to do ubers with imo. The dps was low for that content, and it wasn't tanky enough to live through anything that should have been dodged, at least not at my level of gear, and I need some leeway with my old man reflexes. I did cortex and exarch, iirc, but the shaper got me good and I stopped playing around that point. Kinda sorta rerolled lightning strike thinking I would sell all my gear for an omni, but I think I'm only at about 35ex with a few big pieces left unsold, so that probably isn't happening.

My overall thoughts are basically the same as last league- Atlas changes good, most other changes range from lovely to uninspiring. I won't say I dislike sentinel, but I also won't be sad if I never see it again. Was just a real nothing mechanic imo, despite how profitable it can be. I loved being able to block unwanted league mechanics (gently caress right off forever Tane), but I hated how AN rares would randomly brick content I actually wanted to run. I know they fixed a lot of that but the fact that it went live in that state to begin with left a bad taste in my mouth.

I play a lot of FFXIV, and they recently went from a three month patch cycle to four, and as much as I love having four leagues a year I really think it might be something for GGG to consider with the state they've released some stuff over the last year or two. I'm sure that isn't realistic given the monetary hit, and even with the complaints I still love the game, but this fuckin patch was clearly not ready to come out of the oven.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
hot take: I love getting res from the tree, even deep endgame I get a bunch of res from tree

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

euphronius posted:

Spring leagues are tough. So much going on all the time in May.

You're not missing anything in this one.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

harvest is like... way more rippy and time consuming now this league. those mobs were scary before and archnemesis just roided them out so much that I don't wanna touch it anymore lol

I'm just exhausted of having my rear end blasted in my garden every map

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Swapped my PConc for a Spectral Helix build tonight. At first I thought, "oh I'm short a few instilling orbs, I can just manually press 1-3, right?"

No. But after spending way longer than it should've taken on bulk exchange trading, I'm now unkillable by everything I can reach except a single t16 boss on a map with "can't leech" in an arena with no adds. Hooray!

Yeah lol. 5 automatic utility flasks when you have poo poo regen sounds insane, and it would be without auto-flasks. I need to get the less degen damage mastery and some max res, but I'm basically immortal unless a big hit chunks me, or there's no adds to feed my leech, life on hit, or flask charges. I can't afford it yet but a +1 curse hunter chest is gonna be critical I think to run the flask charge mark.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Got to 97 today. It took about six simulacrums or so, which I was able to full clear without dying. Phantasmal cremation is very, very good at simulacrums. I also helped some other goon in the chat channel do his last nine waves of a simulacrum.

I beat uber shaper blind on my first shot. It was ... rough, and definitely involved burning some portals. Cremation isn't as good against stuff that teleports around a lot though, since I need to place down the geysers and then throw corpses into them.

Video of my dirty kill. Don't treat this as a guide of what to do. People might learn from my mistakes though. Youtube probably still processing the HD version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgkC3IjiJSM

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

assuming you're playing trade,

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/M65nJGsJ

not guaranteed that you'll get it on the first one, but not a low chance, either

whypick1 posted:

I'm absolutely sure I'll need 5 or 6 of those to get it and I'll be Real Mad over it.

Or I'll break down, find someone selling one for only 5c and get it first try. Go figure.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
You can always pretend it took 10 tries and complain anyways, that's what I would do

E: poll has been admin reset so people who had voted on previous polls can vote

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 26, 2022

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Elentor posted:

Yes, I understood that. What I mean is that if they're split that way it's either a design error or you're meant to take the bottom path and if you decide to get the top for extra spell block it doesn't come with the free all res because spell block is pretty powerful as it is, in case you take the 5 points.

gently caress, I feel stupid. That all makes sense now. My fault.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Zmej posted:

harvest is like... way more rippy and time consuming now this league.

You can replace harvest with pretty much any league mechanic and your statement is true.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Bex post:

quote:

There's a good mix of feedback in this thread that's appreciated. It helps us get a well rounded picture of people's views about this. Rare monsters in past league content is something we'll review for 3.19. In the meantime, we'll continue to review the individual balance for Archnemesis modifiers.

GGG is a large company, but it often feels like they're not. This felt like a very light league, esp with no character changes, yet they continue this trend of "we'll work on the league for 1-2 weeks then it's just minor bug fixes until the next league".

Maybe most of the content/balance teams (or however they are organized) are all focusing on poe2.

Well that and mtx, holy poo poo they put out a ton of mtx. Especially lately with brand new special mtx effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

RF build question.

Just hit level 97 I've been using forbidden taste with a savage hit trigger craft on it.
I cannot tell how useful this is to me.

I'm running around with max block and 90allres and mega armour.
It feels like a waste of a slot that I could run another perma utility flask.

Anyone have any thoughts on running this flask?