Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

The Vought PR department works fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Missed opportunity to digitally replace Stormfront with Tig Notaro

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Lmao they recut the movie

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Haha, they added a new ending. Amazing.

PostNouveau posted:

Missed opportunity to digitally replace Stormfront with Tig Notaro

Hot drat, that would have been hilarious.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

oh my god the recut ending

the diegetic media they've come up with for this is on point

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
The Bourke Cut. :kiss:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Who is Bourke?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

just make the whole movie you cowards

seriously though I'd watch it

Pale Ale
Sep 10, 2001

Yeah I know that but do you honestly expect England to even slightly challenge Australia in the finals? They will be demolished.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Who is Bourke?

https://twitter.com/voughtintl/status/1527710738223140865?s=21&t=UN24Xpz-81L4iZGA2RxNbQ

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

"I can’t believe this is going to be Translucent’s last film role, and based on this trailer, he’s got a lot of screen-time. I’m getting kinda overwhelmed with the feels over here."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
lmao if you think translucent is actually dead. They just killed him off so they can shockingly bring him back just in time for the next movie

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Reading interviews with Jensen Ackles and he says he had to insist on a rewrite because he couldn’t film a particular scene. “As a father of 3, as a son, as a husband… I can’t do that.” and it took Kripke moving heaven and earth but they found a compromise and Ackles went ahead and did it. Sounds like Season 3 is pushing the envelope of what Amazon will even allow, gotta say my hype is really building.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oof, I hope they’re not killing off Ryan. That would be… very dark.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

From that interview that helpfully wasn't linked, we also learn the schedule (possibly?):

quote:

The [trailer] comes ahead of the season premiere on June 3, with the first three episodes dropping then before the remaining five launch each Friday after the premiere.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ugh, I truly hate the hybrid format approach.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
worst of both worlds to no one's benefit

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like the model because there's more discussion. There's way too many shows to watch right now so it's nice to spread it out too without getting worried about spoilers.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Mu Zeta posted:

I like the model because there's more discussion. There's way too many shows to watch right now so it's nice to spread it out too without getting worried about spoilers.

Exactly how I feel. Would rather see the show get attention and discussion for six weeks instead of just one week.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
One reason why I like it is that I don't have time to sit through six to eight hours. Like, binge watching is not an option for me. So it's nice to have everyone kind of in the same boat and for once being able to be the guy who goes "Haha, hate waiting? Sucks to be you!"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah, those are all benefits of the weekly model, but batch dropping the first 3 episodes just means we get LESS of the good parts of weekly release while still feeling obligated to watch 3 hours before going online and getting it all spoiled, in other words

Khanstant posted:

worst of both worlds to no one's benefit

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I like it but I don’t really care how it’s dropped honestly.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

they found the ideal compromise

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah, those are all benefits of the weekly model, but batch dropping the first 3 episodes just means we get LESS of the good parts of weekly release while still feeling obligated to watch 3 hours before going online and getting it all spoiled, in other words

Just don't watch all of those at once, I guess? I know I can't!

Sucks to be you!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Seems like a decent compromise. Release 3 episodes to build up hype and get people excited, then release weekly to keep people subscribed for more than a month.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
batch releases are great and ya'll are boomers for wanting a media event to last more than a few days

get with the times, this isn't 2001 anymore

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
yeah yum yum more slop into my slophole

don't even chew just pour it gush it from the hose pipe

(my slophole is my mouth, don't make this weird)

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

batch releases are great and ya'll are boomers for wanting a media event to last more than a few days

I agree with you but it turns out people don’t really care and if anything full season drops will be a thing of the past. Pretty much all of Netflix’s “consumer friendly” approach (batch drops, no ads, limited pre-release hype) has been a failure. People have come to identify so much with media they like that they want it to be as popular as possible (which by extension means they want it to be released in a way that maximizes sales/viewership).

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

It’s not 2016 anymore either, all the streaming services have moved away from dropping everything at once. Even Netflix is splitting seasons up now for some of their popular shows.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Batch dropping was a mistake and everyone in the industry realizes that now. It’s very funny to watch them try to get the genie back in the bottle on that one.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

tokin opposition posted:

slow kids need a week to figure out and retain what happens in the story, stop being ableist

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Wheeee posted:

slow kids need a week to figure out and retain what happens in the story, stop being ableist

Are you really calling people who like weekly releases "slow kids" while also saying "stop being ableist"?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
You can dub your media onto a vhs if you want. Play your own ads in between scenes. Make set the captions to look like poo poo too

Sorry you can't live in the cyber future where media comes out when it's done instead of arbitrary delays for marketing purposes

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
You seem really worked up about this

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Just when you think you've seen everything people could possibly get elitist over.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

tokin opposition posted:

You can dub your media onto a vhs if you want. Play your own ads in between scenes. Make set the captions to look like poo poo too

Sorry you can't live in the cyber future where media comes out when it's done instead of arbitrary delays for marketing purposes

ur an impatient baby

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

the reason is so people can digest the media and discuss it, actually remember it, maybe even give a poo poo about it. You could just wait till something is all out if you wanted to binge or self pace

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Lol you think mass media is worth remembering

It's television, if you want something to really spurn your artistic desire for beauty or whatever read a book or listen to a symphony or something

This show is about superman but bad, there's nothing to take in. Just enjoy the punch man fights and funny swearing Brit guy

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao “cool tv shows can’t be art” I bet that’s an awesome bag of dirt weed you found on the train ride home

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

how am i supposed to pick up that stormfront is racist without spending a week posting about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Remember when people didn't understand that the name meant she was racist because they had never heard of the website.