Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I fed some birds and put out a tub of water for them at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Floodixor posted:

are we talking professionally here

It's volunteer work, but I'm accepting donations.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Yesterday I gave free bubble wands to little kids at the park.

I don't know the world's stance on bubbles. I'm probably a monster but it made them smile.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Treecko posted:

Yesterday I gave free bubble wands to little kids at the park.

I don't know the world's stance on bubbles. I'm probably a monster but it made them smile.

Little kids smiling. You monster!

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Das Boo posted:

It's volunteer work, but I'm accepting donations.

my personal goal is to pet one dog per day and I don't think that's too unrealistic but I unfortunately don't work at a Hip Office that allows dogs, nor do I work at a dog park or even really dog-adjacent areas so what I'm saying is my life is sometimes a private hell

sometimes they'll give ice-breaker questions at work and the Dream Job answer for me is always "working at the dog-petting factory"

anyway to answer the OP's question, I work at a rehab and I'd like to think that I'm helping people. The money is much, much less than years ago when I DID work in a Hip Office in San Francisco but I never really drove home from work in those days thinking that I made a positive difference, whereas working in the addiction/mental health field, while exhausting at times, comes with a little more of an emotional fulfilment. More of a feeling of "I DID possibly put some good out in the world today" vs the tech world of "I guess I helped a guy make more money today for his dumb app"

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Compost my own turds.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cured cancer, common cold, perfected hearing aids, alternate fuel source, cured diabetes, installed a global ground fault interrupt that mitigates all electronic conflict, authored 6 public operating systems, invented artificial intelligence, developed an 18 hour chemical free acne treatment, founded a space program: destination Polaris, dispelled the concept of no free lunch, bunch of other poo poo too. :smug:

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I work for the IRS in the little guy taxes customer service department. It's very small scale and very often stressful as gently caress when the job is basically giving people bad news but when I can help people understand how things work so they don't have to wait hours to talk to anybody again or even fix some stupid technical poo poo that is preventing them from maybe being able to pay their bills on time or fix their car or what have you, I've made their world a better place and that feels very good.