Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

beep hasn't posted in a while actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it all makes sense now

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

PokeJoe posted:

if you say "i hate computers" around a bunch of programmers, th ebest ones will agree with you

i do this at school and all the cs majors get mad at me and tell me to stop studying computers if i hate them so much :negative:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
know your enemy

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i first learned to hate computers from a good friend of mine who was a CS major, during college. i didn't understand why he hated them so much but now that i fondle them for money i understand completely. i did not get a CS BS but if i had i probably would have learned to hate them earlier

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
another pimply-faced youth has hit the pos, looks like

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Computers are cool and just tools

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wrong. computers do exactly what you tell them to and thus are a window to the imperfections of man. also sometimes you have to look at your own reflection, so its really two windows into the imperfections of man

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

PokeJoe posted:

wrong. computers do exactly what you tell them to and thus are a window to the imperfections of man. also sometimes you have to look at your own reflection, so its really two windows into the imperfections of man

Turn your monitor on.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

MrQueasy posted:

Turn your monitor on.

so it can show me your posts?!? no thansk

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i never thought it would be a thursday when rotor would send someone to the burn ward

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I like one of my computers but none of the other ones.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

rotor posted:

so it can show me your posts?!? no thansk

dioxazine posted:

i never thought it would be a thursday when rotor would send someone to the burn ward

Man, I already have to work on Java code... What's one more trip to the ER?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cjs: Just had to add trustServerCertificate=true to the end of a JDBC string because I guess something expired in the last couple of days. Nothing else seems to care, aside from my dev machine, fortunately.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

flight delayed 30 minutes
flight delayed 60 minutes
your flight has been cancelled, but we automatically rebooked you on a flight tomorrow with an extra stop and a total travel time of 6 hours vs 1

gently caress you delta

i was able to change it to an earlier direct flight, but still, gently caress you delta

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nned more and faster trains, imo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

The_Franz posted:

flight delayed 30 minutes
flight delayed 60 minutes
your flight has been cancelled, but we automatically rebooked you on a flight tomorrow with an extra stop and a total travel time of 6 hours vs 1

gently caress you delta

i was able to change it to an earlier direct flight, but still, gently caress you delta

a one hour flight?? just drive.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

rotor posted:

a one hour flight?? just drive.

that's still a 7+ hour drive each way, and the cost of the ticket was barely more than gas with current prices

plus, i did a long haul drive two weeks ago with my parents in tow to see my brother get his phd. i've had enough of highway driving for a while

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 2, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Shaggar posted:

i wish

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shaggar posted:

shaggar was right

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Shaggar posted:

:hmmyes:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Shaggar posted:

yes

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Shaggar posted:

who are you and what did you do w/ shaggar

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
they said trains not buses

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

bump_fn posted:

shaggar on the move:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t_rnLe2bo4

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMvj1piK58

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Shaggar posted:

A rare swr from me

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

bob dobbs is dead posted:

another pimply-faced youth has hit the pos, looks like

where. that filth guy is talking about getting promotions so i doubt its them

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

bump_fn posted:

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
hbag i am begging you to read posters' names and not just look at their avs. please

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

it's a time honored tradition to ignore usernames and only distinguish between avs

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

awful.app shrinks it down tho

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lord fifth posted:

hbag i am begging you to read posters' names and not just look at their avs. please

you dont have one

an av i mean

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

The_Franz posted:

that's still a 7+ hour drive each way, and the cost of the ticket was barely more than gas with current prices

plus, i did a long haul drive two weeks ago with my parents in tow to see my brother get his phd. i've had enough of highway driving for a while

this seems impossible unless you live on the end of a hilbert curve or something

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Corla Plankun posted:

this seems impossible unless you live on the end of a hilbert curve or something

i was exaggerating a little as it's more like a 1:20 flight (more or less depending on tailwinds). still, driving time + gas is not really worth it considering that my airfare was basically free

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

youre less likely to die while flying but its way worse than driving ecologically eo figure out where your mindset fits there

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Share Bear posted:

youre less likely to die while flying but its way worse than driving ecologically eo figure out where your mindset fits there

individual actions won't save us from climate change

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Share Bear posted:

seriously, the ICE in germany is great, as is the TGV in france. i've never been on the shinkansen, but i would imagine that it's similarly good with an even tighter schedule and i'd love to experience it with the travel bans lifted. maybe the chinese bullet trains as well

as rail travel in teh us sucks poo poo though, my options are limited for this particular trip...

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 3, 2022

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

individual actions won't save us from climate change

in aggregate they might (like fr what do the massive polluting things do? likely energy or plastic/common metal production or maybe farming, tell me idk) but yeah we are all gonna die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Share Bear posted:

as a crypto bro im used to paying $270 in GAS for a $7 purchase so i align with this