Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

runchild posted:

Blech, this is such an unpleasant way to look at things to me. Everybody is fun, play them all.

Sometimes I feel like multiplayer games would be way better if everyone who was good enough that the “meta” actually mattered wasn’t allowed to play (I do not think this would actually be a good idea, but a mediocre player can dream).

Well i did say if you want to be "competitive".

I'm the guy who's been running fuse non-stop since he came out, even before they buffed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

SubponticatePoster posted:

Oh, true. I don't generally buy cosmetics - 99% of the weapon skins are just awful and I seem to get enough unlocks from packs and stuff like Prime to give me some choices. I did buy the silver Valkyrie skin since she's my main and I wanted her to have something nice

I saw you on recently, hmu if you want. I'm way better at Apex than I ever was at CoD :v:

I am notably worse but that doesn't stop me from putting myself in bad situations. Hit me up if you ever wanna play.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Bottom Liner posted:

You did. Lol.

“You get about enough for two champs per season” is a statement of fact. I was just saying that’s not a static allotment that’s just given out without 50ish hours of play.

It seems like other folks understood what I meant. Sorry it wasn't clear enough for you.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I play Loba for fun.

Caustic for fun.

Octane when I need to get certain poo poo for tasks.

And Revenant because he is loving awesome.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

dogstile posted:

You really only want Wraith to unlock Valk if you want to be "competitive" and maybe horizon.

Everything else is dumb flavour characters.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Rev's been one of the last characters I've gotten since I'd always heard he was bad, but I love jumpscaring people with this little crouch walking freak

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I main revenant for the voice lines.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

my goodness, that cloud looks just like my husband's

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I just play whatever character the game asks me to for the daily challenge. And if I don't have that character unlocked, I re-roll the challenge.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

“You get about enough for two champs per season”

ew

dogstile posted:

I'm the guy who's been running fuse non-stop since he came out, even before they buffed him.

I see you too are a man of culture.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 5, 2022

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
How does Rampart's Ult work in terms of ammo? If I fire off most of it is there a way to discard the gun to restart the timer without shooting it? Would placing it down work?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Jack B Nimble posted:

How does Rampart's Ult work in terms of ammo? If I fire off most of it is there a way to discard the gun to restart the timer without shooting it? Would placing it down work?

you get one clip and your ult does not build while you have one bullet left, yes. putting it down restarts the ult counter.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Jack B Nimble posted:

You can also press B to start the cooldown when holding it

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I'm only average at this game, but every now and then I do something worth clipping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVt18UvgaYY

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Daztek posted:

You can also press B to start the cooldown when holding it

This one's important since it refunds a portion of ult charge depending on how much ammo you've used, up to 75%. So you can use it to break a few doors, reset it, and have it back to full in 30 seconds for a push

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh ok, gotcha, and ya'll mean actual keyboard "b", the default button to change fire mode. That's exactly the button I was hoping existed, was a to refund a partially used gun after a fight.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
gonna be honest I've put like 100-200 hours into rampart and never knew you could recycle her ult like that

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Same, good tip.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Everytime my friends and I get a care package I say "dibs if it's a Mastiff" and like 90% of the time it is. I don't win each time I get one but every win I've had this season I've had a Mastiff. It's loving disgusting, it just deletes people. I was worried about it only having 4 rounds but since it reloads 2 shots at once it hasn't been a problem. I carried my team to a win earlier with a gold 301 and a Mastiff https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/baconfeet/video/158983859

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
as gamerdvr user baconfeet tells us, it is literally impossible to lose a fight using a mastiff, and entirely plausible to 3v1 a team

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i don't want it nerfed, its perfect. i want it to be a gun to terrorize and bully every other team with.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Up Circle posted:

i don't want it nerfed, its perfect. i want it to be a gun to terrorize and bully every other team with.

The mastiff feels like a care package gun, loving OP and feels good to use. The G7 and Volt are decent but they aren't a game changer like the mastiff and kraber. Here's my other clip of winning with the mastiff if anyone gives a poo poo https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/baconfeet/video/158983922

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Mastiff also has enough ammo that you could kill the entire rest of the server by the time you pick one up if you ask them to line up for you.

Volt and Scout are the "I want to replace this ammo in my inventory with grenades" guns

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Volt and Scout are the "I want to replace this ammo in my inventory with grenades" guns

That's just Rampart and Fuse

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The volt is great but it really feels weird not having it on the ground. I felt like the amped up Alternator was better as a drop.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
I wonder if ALGS is going to happen in July. Custom servers are completely broke.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tote up a bags posted:

The volt is great but it really feels weird not having it on the ground. I felt like the amped up Alternator was better as a drop.

I was bummed coming back and seeing it in the care package cuz it was my favorite gun. I always ran Mastiff too but at least that started as a care package gun. Scout made sense seeing it in the care package since everyone at high levels was running it.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
The r99 is still top tier right? I didn't play for almost a year so some changes i totally missed. I've been trying out the CAR and the ammo swap is nice and being able to use one of two magazine types is cool but idk if I love it. Lever rifle is fun though

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tokubetsu posted:

The r99 is still top tier right? I didn't play for almost a year so some changes i totally missed. I've been trying out the CAR and the ammo swap is nice and being able to use one of two magazine types is cool but idk if I love it. Lever rifle is fun though

CAR is better than the r99 in basically every way

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else have severe lag yesterday? I was in a match that kept frozen and suddenly I found myself able to play, and 13 teams left, and my squad fully decked while I stood there staring at a loving building.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Cowslips Warren posted:

Anyone else have severe lag yesterday? I was in a match that kept frozen and suddenly I found myself able to play, and 13 teams left, and my squad fully decked while I stood there staring at a loving building.

Not this specifically, but I've the game crash me to the dashboard, and when I start it up again, I'm in a game already. Happened several times the past few days on Xbox.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Cowslips Warren posted:

I did have a couple matches where I rubberbanded and there was one where my character was basically having a seizure - even standing still was doing this weird twitchy thing. Didn't seem to affect my aiming but boy it made for some :barf: viewing.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Got myself to 12,000 credits. Legends I don't have unlocked yet are Crypto, Rampart, Horizon, Fuse, Seer, Ash, Mad Maggie and Newcastle.

Any recommendations?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Got myself to 12,000 credits. Legends I don't have unlocked yet are Crypto, Rampart, Horizon, Fuse, Seer, Ash, Mad Maggie and Newcastle.

Any recommendations?

Of those I've only unlocked Rampart and Horizon, and I still only ever play as Pathfinder or Mirage

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Horizon is the strongest, Crypto is strong but I find his playstyle ridiculously boring.

Fuse and Newcastle are top tier fun if you like being really aggressive.

Seer has a fantastic ult and not much else.

Maggie sucks, sorry Maggie lovers.

Rampart is funny but i'm still a little dubious on her actual effectiveness.

Ash is just solidly mid tier and I don't really have any strong feelings.

I'd pick fuse because i'm a nade enthusiast.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Any recommendations?

If you like playing more defensively, unlock Rampart.

If you like playing more aggressively, unlock Ash.

If you like carrying a shotgun all the time, unlock Maggie.

If you can't decide who to unlock, I'd get Horizon because she's very versatile.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm a drat scrub but my heroes, in order of selection, is Blood Hound, Gibraltar, and Rampart.

What I really like about Rampart, aside from her fun aesthetic/VA, is that the mini gun comes up so often that it kind of frees me from failing to find a good gun / mods / enough ammo. That's probably not a problem for better players but if I'm playing Rampart I'm in PUB game with randoms and maybe things are just bad.

I'll also say, those little amped cover walls really help with long range poking.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Having a legend whose passive deals with shotguns and putting 1/3 of them in the care package was an odd choice.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
It doesn't apply to the Best Gun in The Game, the Mozambique?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Crypto is really good and you don't *have* to spend large amounts of time in drone mode if you don't want to. Just tossing it out to serve as a 4th player watching corners and such is still a huge difference-maker in a fight -- particularly in buildings -- and pinging banners to let you know how many teams are nearby is invaluable for placing in the top 5.

The drone's visual markers are also far more helpful for getting your teammates to focus-fire than Bloodhound's or Seer's.