Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://twitter.com/FFRF/status/1535078234970157056?s=20&t=Ssenisu1KiZkCPMFpIooPQ

At my elementary to jr high school we had to pledge allegiance every day in homeroom to american AND christian flag

Pledge

wtf is a Christian flag?! Does it have a picture of a golden calf on it by any chance?

America, u ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Dravs posted:

America, u ok?

We are very much NOT ok

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Glimm posted:

Anecdata from me today: I've hired 2 older white dude contractors to help me get my house ready to sell, their conversation is all about the hearings and how trump never should have been POTUS in the first place (though one of the guys voted for him) and that trump is a huge liar. They are expressing concern about mail-in voting though, shame.

yeah, i voted for the guy but i dont think he should be president is some real presidential thinking

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Dravs posted:

America, u ok?

No.

Hell no.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

TK8325 posted:

yeah, i voted for the guy but i dont think he should be president is some real presidential thinking

Also that person will 100% vote for him again

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

People whose contracting businesses were ruined because Trump refused to pay them voted for him lmao

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

haljordan posted:

People whose contracting businesses were ruined because Trump refused to pay them voted for him lmao

"But he'll lower taxes for the.. business...I don't have anymore"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dravs posted:

wtf is a Christian flag?! Does it have a picture of a golden calf on it by any chance?

America, u ok?

LMAO, it was literally created because someone who was going to give a lecture to students bailed and the organizer had to come up with something else for students to do.

It was 1897, so it was probably either design a flag for a religion or go back to work in a factory that's designed to be a deathtrap and assembles products that are also deathtraps.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I had to make a quick shitpost meme to share with you all for my post coffee gravity dump.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

TK8325 posted:

Like the people who voted for Brexit "as a joke" because they thought for sure there'd be no way it'd pass.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Batterypowered7 posted:

Like the people who voted for Brexit "as a joke" because they thought for sure there'd be no way it'd pass.

Those people are loving morons.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

loving Moron posted:

I had to make a quick shitpost meme to share with you all for my post coffee gravity dump.

I've always wanted to cut together a gun safety ad using just clips of Frank Reynolds and his guns. I love the episode where the gang tricks him into showing up somewhere by saying there's a fire and he just busts into the room ready to shoot at it lmao

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

“So yeah he tried to overthrow the election and he never should have won in 2016. But I sure am worried about voter fraud”

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Dravs posted:

America, u ok?
Sorry, you're in this thread and asking that? No, man, we're pretty fuckin far from OK.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

haljordan posted:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/sta...ingawful.com%2F

I really don't think this is true, Trump is a completely delusional lunatic and I'd bet good money he honestly and truly still believes the election was somehow stolen from him

Nah, he has always known that he's an old, obese, ugly fraud. If he's truly delusional about himself he wouldn't be sporting that weird hairdo, he wouldn't have been wearing lifts and ordering his doctor to say that he's not obese, he wouldn't have a print out of the 2016 election on his desk. He wouldn't be doing any of the things that he's done to hide his true self.

He's delusional about his ability fool people, sure, but then again he's still fooling 40% of the US population.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Y'all haven't spent enough time with toxic narcissists.

Yes, :chaostrump: 100% believes everything he says, and there is zero cognitive dissonance because he's learned that believing his lies is the first step to making them true.

There are some people who have no concept of objective truth or honesty, as in it physically doesn't exist in their brains.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Dravs posted:

America, u ok?

lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Vampire Panties posted:

Yes, :chaostrump: 100% believes everything he says, and there is zero cognitive dissonance because he's learned that believing his lies is the first step to making them true.

There are some people who have no concept of objective truth or honesty, as in it physically doesn't exist in their brains.

Yeah Trump orders his doctor to say he's not obese because he's not, the scale is obviously wrong and there's no way Trump could be a fatty

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just about every conundrum that's come up over the past ... what, six years (lol), triggers the question in my mind of "is X person LYING or DELUSIONAL"? Like, it's got to be one or the other.

Either they understand that they're wrong and they're trying to fool everyone else, or they don't even realize they're wrong in the first place. And every single time it comes up it's all but impossible to discern. Whether it's Trump, or some Senator, or some Fox talking head, or some chud on the street, it's like they're all doing some super method performance where they have to maintain perfect kayfabe that keeps an outside observer in the dark as to whether they're a true believer or just a grifter.

It drives me batty every single day and that may be the single biggest source of stress for me about ~all this~, like, what does this mean about all the human beings around me and in positions of power? Is that huge a percentage of people evil, or is that huge a percentage of people stupid? Cuz I have to react differently to the world depending on which it is

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

haljordan posted:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/sta...ingawful.com%2F

I really don't think this is true, Trump is a completely delusional lunatic and I'd bet good money he honestly and truly still believes the election was somehow stolen from him

He has a bunch of staff telling him he lost. He doesn’t like that, so then he finds a bunch of weirdos who will tell him he won, but it was stolen from him. He doesn’t have to look far (Giuliani, Stone), and he much prefers what they’re telling him.

Like I can imagine a lawyer literally saying, “well, yes, his campaign staff and White House staff told him he lost, but then he had all these highly regarded lawyers like John Eastman, Sidney Powell, and Rudy Giuliani telling him he actually won, so who’s to say who’s actually right?”

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
"Facts don't care about your feelings!"

- Husband of a very dry woman

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

If you thought Trump was scraping the bottom of the barrel to stock his administration the first time around, wait until you see who he hires if he gets back into power lol

haljordan fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 10, 2022

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

loving Moron posted:

Seeing Danny DeVito with a maga hat makes me hurt inside. Please don’t bring this as a possibility in this hell world. :(

TK8325 posted:

It’s one thing if it’s buyer’s remorse (like a person in particular is presidential themselves and somehow never watches the news, thinks they’re voting for a bog-standard war criminal like Bush) but to have the balls to say they *always* distrusted him is uhhhhhh

Like I don’t really blame anyone for voting for Sinema then realizing she’s actually an rear end in a top hat who was only in it for the power and money, but with Trumbp it’s kinda fuckin’ hard not to realize who he is.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lmao

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

funeral home DJ posted:

Like I don’t really blame anyone for voting for Sinema then realizing she’s actually an rear end in a top hat who was only in it for the power and money, but with Trumbp it’s kinda fuckin’ hard not to realize who he is.

Wait, the funny man who fired people on the television??

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Tbf, protest vote is a thing. I can understand voting for Trump/Brexit/whatever as an expression of dissatisfaction with the status quo. It's still dumb as hell though.

That said, Sinema has always been a right-wing piece of poo poo, even when she was in Arizona politics.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Shanghaied posted:

That said, Sinema has always been a right-wing piece of poo poo, even when she was in Arizona politics.

Nobody knew that because who the hell pays attention to Arizona state politics?

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Vampire Panties posted:

He doesn't care in the slightest about truth, he is a bullshit person through and through. Whether that is delusional or his pathological lying in any particular case, it is all bullshit.

This makes him a hero to Republicans.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Nobody knew that because who the hell pays attention to Arizona state politics?

Well, yeah, but you'd think the Arizona Democratic Party would have known that and not nominated that piece of poo poo for Congress. But Dems are gonna Dem.

Edit: I don't blame the people who voted for her in the general election, to be clear. Like what were they gonna do, vote for an Arizona Republican?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
https://www.thecity.nyc/2022/6/8/23160363/body-armor-bill-kathy-hochul-buffalo-shooter

Body armor bill passed by NY Dems doesn't actually ban body armor lol

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 10, 2022

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://twitter.com/FFRF/status/1535078234970157056?s=20&t=Ssenisu1KiZkCPMFpIooPQ

At my elementary to jr high school we had to pledge allegiance every day in homeroom to american AND christian flag

Pledge

Thanks for the PTSD style flashback to elementary school, I hadn't thought about that poo poo in years.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
lol they're all gonna vote chud forever because they can't afford to fill up thier lifted penis compensators.

Republicans are loving stupid lol

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

old beast lunatic posted:

lol they're all gonna vote chud forever because they can't afford to fill up thier lifted penis compensators.

Republicans are loving stupid lol

Chuds sowing: "Hell yeah capitalism, the best economic system!"

Chuds reaping: "Oh christ gas is $5 a gallon due to oligopolies artificially restricting product availability? Better vote for more capitalism!"

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I just filled up on $5 gas and holy moley the Dems are gonna be crushed in Nov if nothing changes.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
lmfao I guess Ivanka is now poo poo in Trump's eyes?

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1535228226276151296

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

pro starcraft loser posted:

I just filled up on $5 gas and holy moley the Dems are gonna be crushed in Nov if nothing changes.

Spoiler alert: nothing will change lol

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

fishing with the fam posted:

Wait, the funny man who fired people on the television??

I'm old enough now to remember Trump even before that. Not sure how old most people in this thread are, but I see a lot of reference to Trump having been just some phony businessman television game show host and it stops at that. That's obviously true but long before that he was just a guy everybody knew from sleazy gossip supermarket tabloids as just some rear end in a top hat who perpetually cheated on his wives and hosed up all of his businesses. His fame before The Apprentice was, quite literally, generated when people stood in line at the supermarket checkout and saw his face on the cover of whatever they put next to Weekly World News and the headline was akin to 'LOOK AT THIS ABSOLUTE loving rear end in a top hat, DONALD TRUMP! NO, FOR REAL, CHECK OUT THIS SLEAZY, MISOGYNISTIC, BACKSTABBING loving ABSOLUTE GODDAMNED poo poo STUPID CONNIVING rear end in a top hat! HE CHEATED ON HIS WIFE AGAIN AND FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY LIKE 8 TIMES IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS! LOL, JUST gently caress THIS GUY. WHAT AN rear end in a top hat! WOW, JUST WOW! SERIOUSLY, JUST gently caress THIS GUY FOREVER!'.

I always maintain that the biggest problem with Trump isn't so much that he exists. It's the scum that actually voted for him. Our society has had decades of "Do not trust this slimy rear end in a top hat Donald Trump" emblazoned everywhere, and people still saw him run for President and said "Yup!".

Sorry, that's a lot of words to just say gently caress all Republicans.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Ivanka Trump: checked out

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Seth Pecksniff posted:

lmfao I guess Ivanka is now poo poo in Trump's eyes?

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1535228226276151296

:lol:

Please tell me this is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

B-Rock452 posted:

https://www.thecity.nyc/2022/6/8/23160363/body-armor-bill-kathy-hochul-buffalo-shooter

Body armor bill passed by NY Dems doesn't actually ban body armor lol

It's a law written and passed in haste, in response to a specific incident, by people who don't know poo poo about body armour. What did you expect?

You see the same thing with gun legislations too. The problem is that the people who are most keen to pass gun control laws are often the people who know the least about guns.