Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

KPC_Mammon posted:

Noise Marines would completely destroy the team shown, it wouldn't even be close.

I’ve thought that a single Noise Marine slamming down in a drop pod would be a pretty good boss for the full group.

It just turns into a rhythm game for an encounter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
When are we getting a Noise Marine rail shooter video game that uses a guitar as input?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Vagabong posted:

Kinda lame they're doing nurgle again when we already got him in V2

Nurgle is the easiest of the Chaos factions to do in this kind of game, Khorne is just too one note to be the sole focus, Slaanesh is too lewd, and Tzeentch could work but Nurgle is overall easier

Hopefully though we'll get some of the really weird Nurgle critters in this game

Bussamove posted:

*Pounding fists on table to a discordant cacophony of sweet sensation* Noise. Ma. Rines.

If we're talking potential Chaos Space Marine enemies I really hope we get an Obliterator as a boss enemy

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

KPC_Mammon posted:

When are we getting a Noise Marine rail shooter video game that uses a guitar as input?

Guitar Heretic.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

Bussamove posted:

*Pounding fists on table to a discordant cacophony of sweet sensation* Noise. Ma. Rines.

gently caress yes, I want to fight an evil hair metal band. Maybe the cultists could be dressed as fans of said hair metal band. Or all be the Doof Warrior

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

field balm posted:

I think you're right with the black comedy thing. I was surprised how right vermintide got the early games workshop vibe - It's quintisentially British. I'm hoping the banter is more Red Dwarf and 2000AD then Aliens. Ideally, the player characters are just The Young Ones but in space.

In the gameplay footage on Luetin's channel there is a moment where the Zealot throws a grenade and yells 'HOLY GRENADE!'

The male psyker sounds like a muppet doing an impression of Saltzspyre

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
zealot gets to wear a rat on his head

its brought me back

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I like the "orb" boons, lets you synergize a lot of specific builds like turning Zealot or IB into a health dispenser for your team

Really wish they'd have combined, revamped or removed some of the old boring rear end boons though. And maybe lay off the barrel ones.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
as zealot i stacked several regen perks and healing orbs dropping on damage along with the improved self heal perk and the result is that my class was the tf2 engineer dispenser. i took 9k damage.

if you get that orb and one or two of those damage mitigation at low health boon / improved healing boon / the one where you get 60% reduction when standing still and you basically are obliged to yell this every other minute.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jun 16, 2022

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Feeling like a mark because the customisation dev blog has me hyped.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yReKmBRY0PY

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I'm more excited about getting more Jesper Kydd than most else, really. DLSS and dedi servers were a nice surprise too, so I'm somewhat hopeful?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Bussamove posted:

was thinking about Noise Marines the other day, and it reminded me of the scene in Virtuosity where Sid 6.7 is recording hostages at gunpoint to create a keyboard that plays nothing but screams

but yeah sure lets go with Nurgle in Darktide

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Noise Marines suck compared to all the other wild, weird, kinky poo poo Slaanesh has. I'd have preferred Tzeentch for the game myself. They have some units that just embody chaos with the aesthetics and outrageous mutations. Unfortunately, zombies have once more plagued humanity.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Kokoro Wish posted:

Noise Marines suck compared to all the other wild, weird, kinky poo poo Slaanesh has. I'd have preferred Tzeentch for the game myself. They have some units that just embody chaos with the aesthetics and outrageous mutations. Unfortunately, zombies have once more plagued humanity.

That's exactly why Nurgle gets picked these days for games focusing on a singular Chaos faction, Tzeentch's stuff might get weirder(unlike Khorne) while also remaining SFW(unlike Slaanesh) but it's also the sort of thing that would take more effort to make in a HD graphics game such as these

Though Nurgle has plenty of interesting critters besides just Zombies, Bogleech did a couple articles going into detail about this, I'll see if I can dig those up

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

That's exactly why Nurgle gets picked these days for games focusing on a singular Chaos faction, Tzeentch's stuff might get weirder(unlike Khorne) while also remaining SFW(unlike Slaanesh) but it's also the sort of thing that would take more effort to make in a HD graphics game such as these

Though Nurgle has plenty of interesting critters besides just Zombies, Bogleech did a couple articles going into detail about this, I'll see if I can dig those up

found them; Nurgle Stuff & More Nurgle Stuff

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
I'm not actually sure I'd buy any claim that the decision to go with Nurgle again has anything to do with the logistics of Tzeentch or Slaanesh. It's 100% because they already had models and animations they could port functionally 1:1--based on the gameplay footage at least--with some reskinning and other minor changes.

As much as I unironically love Fatshark I'm not sure it would have done either VT2 or Darktide any favors if they were in simultaneous development and the latter involved a shitload of brand new enemy designs.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sab Sabbington posted:

I'm not actually sure I'd buy any claim that the decision to go with Nurgle again has anything to do with the logistics of Tzeentch or Slaanesh. It's 100% because they already had models and animations they could port functionally 1:1--based on the gameplay footage at least--with some reskinning and other minor changes.

As much as I unironically love Fatshark I'm not sure it would have done either VT2 or Darktide any favors if they were in simultaneous development and the latter involved a shitload of brand new enemy designs.

It’s this. enemies in darktide videos are using identical animations to chaos from vt2.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Rats

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Thanquol should be given a randomized starting position, but no matter where it is Gotrek and Felix are nearby.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
What might have been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3agfPGM2ro

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Just go full ratmen, a merry band of ratmen.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Darktide Preview with some deets about matchmaking, cutomisation and classes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfDs3grfPzE

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jul 1, 2022

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

ZombyDog posted:

Darktide Preview with some deets about matchmaking, cutomisation and classes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrfDs3grfPzE

Not available anymore (from EU at least)

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Fishstick posted:

Not available anymore (from EU at least)
I hosed the link, should be fixed now

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Sounds like Fatshark is trying out a lot of brand new systems.

The bugs will be legendary.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I would hope Chaos Wastes has taught them something about new game mechanics, because some of it is genuinely fun. I hope alternate paths and semi-random levels are part of the "main" darktide game.

Then again chaos wastes map and boon staff are broken again for unfathomable reasons and the new CW weapontraits are broken for very specific weapons because of copy/paste errors, so...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lClVizgwxxk

Tim Bentinck did his Saltzpyre voice for Nolan and Janfon1 animated it and it is awesome.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

ZombyDog posted:

I hosed the link, should be fixed now

That coherency system seems to try to solve the "elf runs ahead" problem, but all it's gonna do is make the dipshits who peel off saltier.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It looks really fun but the enemies with long-ranged weapons are going to drive me absolutely nuts, I can already tell.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
I can foresee the enemies themselves not being the problem as much as players needing to reconsider positioning when dealing with hordes. If an Ogryn is chewing up mooks in melee, he needs to remember to always leave a clear line of sight between his ranged friends behind and the lasgunner baddies in the distance. There’s going to be a lot of friendly fire until people train themselves to hug walls and avoid dodging laterally.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
skillup dropped his preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRAtfX-1U_g

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
My first two red items have both been greatswords, on saltzpyre. why

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Sigmar clearly sending you a sign. Time to start chopping.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cretin90 posted:

My first two red items have both been greatswords, on saltzpyre. why

Keep one, melt down the other.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The darktide mission system sounds almost exactly like deeprock's mission system, randomizes a set of missions in specific areas every hour or two, rerunning the same mission would be different but still have the same objectives.

Will have to see how fatshark handles procgen levels without finding new and interesting ways to bug them out.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
I think at most it’s going to be stringing together pre-made modular areas, not using procgen. There’ll be changing main, and side quests plus contracts you select for yourself to help with variety

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I mean what I would want to see are pregens with a few randomized branches - doors that are open in run A might be closed in run B and vice versa. Procgen won't work in a game like this and prefab works fine in VT2. Just enough variation where you don't know the exact route the moment you spawn would be enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I figure it will be similar to how Chaos Wastes does a semi randomized route across each map.