Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Achmed Jones posted:

what about chinese-american fast food? we just ate some reheated chinese takeout for lunch and it owned (but admittedly this was a step or two up from your fast food panda express type places)

chinese takeout gets better over time everyone knows this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

my favorite burrito from my favorite burrito place honestly tastes best after a night in the fridge. chroizo, eggs, tater tots, queso, sour cream and cheese. it's a bit sloppy fresh, but if you toss one in the fridge to congeal after a night out, it's prime hangover food the next morning.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

wanna know something distressing

i like cold pizza more than hot pizza

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

wanna know something distressing

i like cold pizza more than hot pizza

save 2 pieces and eat 1 cold and put the other in the toaster oven

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
cheese is best cold tbh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uhh yeah.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

god i loving love pizza

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

big za fan here

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i hate cold pizza though sorry

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You can in of the cold food.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cold pizza is great. i never liked it reheated until I learned the covered skillet method. now i do that sometimes. cold still maybe the best though

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Achmed Jones posted:

wendy's spicy chicken combo owns

:hai:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
starch is a crystalline structure that has idiosyncratic behavior when it initially crystallizes. hot pasta has a high glycemic index, cold pasta has a lower glycemic index, pasta that was heated, cooled and then heated again has like half the glycemic index of ordinarily hot pasta

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7022949/

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

bob dobbs is dead posted:

starch is a crystalline structure that has idiosyncratic behavior when it initially crystallizes. hot pasta has a high glycemic index, cold pasta has a lower glycemic index, pasta that was heated, cooled and then heated again has like half the glycemic index of ordinarily hot pasta

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7022949/

thats great bob but it doesnt really help me out with the cold/hot pizza dilemma im having very much

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it totally does, assuming pizza acts similarly to pasta. the best way is reheated cold pizza, hot pizza and cold pizza are both worse for you than reheated cold za

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

shut up nerd

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol at the idea of chilling and reheating pizza to min-max calories instead of other more obvious choices

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

got a pepperoni passion from dominos with extra peps and added chorizo
was based

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

MrQueasy posted:

Taco bell bean burritos with extra onions taste decent straight out of the fridge with a dash of sriracha on them.

🤮

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

id prefer tapatio or (preferably) valentina's to sriracha on taco bell but tbh the best for tb specifically is whatever they call their hottest sauce, fire i think

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Achmed Jones posted:

lol at the idea of chilling and reheating pizza to min-max calories instead of other more obvious choices

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its basically the weirdest fuckery of metabolism i know of

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i remember reading a thing where you could basically do the same with rice years ago. i think you needed a fat mixed in for some reason; the article i remember was talking about chilling rice with coconut milk

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

id prefer tapatio or (preferably) valentina's to sriracha on taco bell but tbh the best for tb specifically is whatever they call their hottest sauce, fire i think

I like green cholula, I live so very far from anything I don't get to try many things and I've settled on it pretty much

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

valentina extra hot and fire sauce (not diablo, trash sauce).... good poo poo op

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

that green secret aardvark tho? boy...

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

there's a diablo sauce that comes in a oo scary black packet. it's ok.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I like green cholula, I live so very far from anything I don't get to try many things and I've settled on it pretty much

i have green cholula and i've tried lots of things. it's good.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

green cholula is really good

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
cls: feeling cruddy, coughing, throat gunky. at-home covid test negative, at least :confuoot:

i wish taco bell tacos were better. they're usually just sad, soggy piles of mush that stick to the wrapper and taste like poo poo.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
nixtamalized corn tortilla and getting rid of the sad vegetables and putting in less sad vegetables would do 90% of the trick imo

nixtmalization is a food processing step. you can get pretty inferior corn and nixtamalize and it'll be pretty consistent and taste of that nixtamalized corn flavor

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
del taco's del tacos are better but still not really good

but they also have the cheapo value tacos that are trash but cheap enough that you don't care

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Zamujasa posted:

cls: feeling cruddy, coughing, throat gunky. at-home covid test negative, at least :confuoot:

i wish taco bell tacos were better. they're usually just sad, soggy piles of mush that stick to the wrapper and taste like poo poo.

sick and food reminds me of congee https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2775050&userid=153064

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
im back in london. cant believe im happy to be in the uk. hosed

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

im back in london. cant believe im happy to be in the uk. hosed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKEaF3R6byQ

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

:hmmyes:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I have my troubles but imagine living in the usa lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
looks like a storm tonight

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
c bond s: just finished the spy who loved me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-9ZWNwgeE

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

sometimes i swear dominos tastes better after a night in the fridge and a minute in the microwave

i'm also certain i'm barmy, so,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digitalWyrm
Jun 18, 2022

rude