Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Vikar Jerome posted:

crash is the playstation mascot! sony's sonic! sony's mario! microsoft wants you to show some drat respect!

Nah. That's Astrobot, who's infinitely cooler than crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

3 has a submarine, and you ride a tiger, and a motorbike!

for real though im just bitter that i've never played crash 2, it was the only one my dad didn't buy on psx D:

Ahhh you see I think they they lean too hard into the vehicle gimmick in 3 so it is not as fresh. Plus it never really changed things like 1 to 2 did. 3 was just a bit 'more' 2.

It was good. You should play it now! you can get it on PSstore if you are in the UK as ps classics :D I own all three that way!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can’t see them on the UK store when I search. Just the remakes and 4/CTR

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

Nah. That's Astrobot, who's infinitely cooler than crash

Did astrobot have a ps1 game? Huh??

Astrobot is that weirdo who lives inside your ps5/dualsense with you and all his clones hes got cosplaying as your vg shelf collection

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No Astro Bot has only been on good consoles so far

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

The fuxk??????

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

:hmmrona:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Not really the emote I was going for but whatever

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Would love a retro 2d astrobot platformer tho

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

I can’t see them on the UK store when I search. Just the remakes and 4/CTR

You have to do it on a PS3. I also have Fear Effect 1 and 2, MGS1, RE1,2,3 and something else.

I have yet to play Fear Effect 1 and 2, but I successfully played all the other PSX classics I own!

Also just found out the reason Blasphemous was kicking me so much is because I had missed a few upgrades and gone the wrong way! Hooray :D I was not instinctively going the correct path!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Ahhh you see I think they they lean too hard into the vehicle gimmick in 3 so it is not as fresh. Plus it never really changed things like 1 to 2 did. 3 was just a bit 'more' 2.

It was good. You should play it now! you can get it on PSstore if you are in the UK as ps classics :D I own all three that way!

Veeg has it been three weeks yet? I think it's time to change that av

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Never should have dropped out of clown college :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Turn your monitor on

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Veeg has it been three weeks yet? I think it's time to change that av

Truth. I have to figure out what to change it to though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VideoGames posted:

Monster Hunter Kirby it’s Sunbreak Week.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Upside down pink triangle with Kirby face

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

VideoGames posted:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I just saw a review that started with "Outriders came out last year" and my mind just did a double take.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

VideoGames posted:

Blasphemous is very good but very difficult. That snowy climb with the wind and the enemies who zoom at you and can only be hit on the lower half, but can go through the terrain...man. They are some pests!

That's the spot that stopped my play. Real unhappy with that spot.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I’m not a big astrobot fan
Played like 15 mins when I first got my piss station and deleted and never looked back

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You should have your PS5 taken away from you for that imo

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

VideoGames posted:

Crash Bandicoot was ace.
Huh, I never knew that. Ace people really don't get enough representation in media.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

AstroBot owns and I hope that Astro's Playroom gets a full-scale sequel. It's a surprisingly great little platformer with lots of room to expand and develop. Little guy deserves to break free from the "we just use him for tech demo games" niche.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It will always be a shame that Astro Bot Rescue Mission is PSVR-only, because that *is* the full-scale Astro Bot game and it's just as charming as Playroom

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Went back to caelid and now im one shotting everything with a big stonk on. :blastu: :getin:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

AstroBot owns and I hope that Astro's Playroom gets a full-scale sequel. It's a surprisingly great little platformer with lots of room to expand and develop. Little guy deserves to break free from the "we just use him for tech demo games" niche.

It would be criminal for the psvr2 to not have that at launch

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

It will always be a shame that Astro Bot Rescue Mission is PSVR-only, because that *is* the full-scale Astro Bot game and it's just as charming as Playroom

Top 10 3D platformers of all time imo. Top 5 on a good day

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

It would be criminal for the psvr2 to not have that at launch

If Sony re-re-makes TLOU1 but doesn't port Astro Bot to PSVR2 then everyone over there officially has rocks for brains.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

acksplode posted:

If Sony re-re-makes TLOU1 but doesn't port Astro Bot to PSVR2 then everyone over there officially has rocks for brains.

What's so interesting about astrobot for me is that it's not the typical first person view VR implementation, the game isn't designed that VR would even be a requirement, but it is absolutely better in VR.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

VideoGames posted:

You gonna take that risk Veeg?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Escobarbarian posted:

Top 10 3D platformers of all time imo. Top 5 on a good day

When the waves hit you and the music goes all swimmy.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

I always assumed Crash 1 came out a whole year+ before Mario 64 but it was actually only a few weeks. How embarrassing for them

You think that's bad, consider Sonic 3D Blast which came out after Super Mario 64.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vikar Jerome posted:

Went back to caelid and now im one shotting everything with a big stonk on. :blastu: :getin:

you gotta be like lvl 250 now right?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Frankston posted:

You think that's bad, consider Sonic 3D Blast which came out after Super Mario 64.

Sonic 3D Blast was a Genesis game and a small technical marvel, I wouldn't be embarrassed about it at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPoz_Jgmh-M

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Someone ITT was talking about playing AC:Valhalla in like full discovery mode where icons wouldn't show up unless you found them first. Is that a pretty straightforward way to play in the settings, or are there downsides to playing this way?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I was thinking of buying a game but then I realized I would rather just play elden ring again

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fix posted:

Someone ITT was talking about playing AC:Valhalla in like full discovery mode where icons wouldn't show up unless you found them first. Is that a pretty straightforward way to play in the settings, or are there downsides to playing this way?

I think the game actually gives you the choice early on, and you can always change it in settings later. I don't think there are any downsides, other than possibly missing out on some side quests and whatnot. But I think that would be expected when playing in this mode.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

bows1 posted:

you gotta be like lvl 250 now right?

100+ i stopped looking at it and just pumping str

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lmao