Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
If you don't own your own Tuscan villa and manually labor to grow your own DOP certified tomatoes what are you even doing you drat phony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Spent $400 on jobsite BBQ food. Full cart to the brim.

Very nearly bought a jar of green chilies but then I remembered it's for Pueblo. I'd get lynched for bringing that New Mexico trash.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I just feel like Costco's heart isn't in the hot dog anymore and neither is mine.

I can live without the onions if I had deli mustard. And loosely throwing the dog in a paper bag instead of wrapping in foil makes condiments messy.

I did see a guy almost take a bite of his dog without lowering his mask first so that's was pretty good I guess.

And the soda is flat

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Also I dropped $500 on I don't know what

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

$500 is the new $200

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Dropped $1700 on a TV, it gets here Saturday

pbuc

Except I have COVID and I'm too exhausted to set the TV up and don't want the delivery guys inside the house to keep them safe

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Girl Scout thin mint covered pretzels.

Get them.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Renegret posted:

And the soda is flat

it's all pepsi so im not drinking that filth either way

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

TraderStav posted:

Get them.

I did but it was so ungodly hot the bag partially melted on the way home and now all is sadness :(

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

TraderStav posted:

Get them.

No don't, it's a trap.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

I just feel like Costco's heart isn't in the hot dog anymore and neither is mine.

I can live without the onions if I had deli mustard. And loosely throwing the dog in a paper bag instead of wrapping in foil makes condiments messy.

I did see a guy almost take a bite of his dog without lowering his mask first so that's was pretty good I guess.

And the soda is flat

aint been the same since they dropped the polish dog

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

jisforjosh posted:

Dropped $1700 on a TV, it gets here Saturday

pbuc

Except I have COVID and I'm too exhausted to set the TV up and don't want the delivery guys inside the house to keep them safe

Does it give you head or what??

(Sorry about the covid tho, get well soon friend)

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Spinz posted:

Does it give you head or what??

(Sorry about the covid tho, get well soon friend)

It's an OLED so it gives my eyes head I guess

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Oracle posted:

I did but it was so ungodly hot the bag partially melted on the way home and now all is sadness :(

They're not that good imo

And this is someone who loves both thin mints and chocolate covered pretzels

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Yeah there’s no thin mint flavor. Mint is too weak IMO.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

FogHelmut posted:

$500 is the new $200

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I did a Costco supplied BBQ for work and it was a great success. $400 at Costco. Great value.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I built an excellent sandwich today nearly exclusively from Costco ingredients.

Turkey, vegan Buffalo sauce, blue cheese crumbles, and spinach. I’m gonna add pickles tomorrow.

I made sourdough, but I bet it would be great on anything.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
What's the best time to go to a Costco? I ask because we just got our membership last weekend and the number of shoppers with buggy pathing AI pushing around Humvee sized shopping carts was... intimidating. Made it hard to stop and look at things.

I mean, the stuff they have is cool, so if that's just the default Costco experience I'll deal with it, but if there's an agreed upon ideal day\time, I'd like to know.

That said, we did manage to throw down $250 on a cool air fryer, electric shaver, and a bottle of vodka the size of my wife's torso, so God only knows how much in debt we'd end up if you could actually stop and browse.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Late afternoon, after lunch and before people leave work.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

mysterious frankie posted:

What's the best time to go to a Costco? I ask because we just got our membership last weekend and the number of shoppers with buggy pathing AI pushing around Humvee sized shopping carts was... intimidating. Made it hard to stop and look at things.

I mean, the stuff they have is cool, so if that's just the default Costco experience I'll deal with it, but if there's an agreed upon ideal day\time, I'd like to know.

That said, we did manage to throw down $250 on a cool air fryer, electric shaver, and a bottle of vodka the size of my wife's torso, so God only knows how much in debt we'd end up if you could actually stop and browse.

Really depends on where you are but at the very earliest they open, during the week, or way late, also during the week. Fridays and weekends are bad.

If you don't need a cart then you and your partner can move really quickly if you just carry whatever it is you guys are there for.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

FogHelmut posted:

Late afternoon, after lunch and before people leave work.

This, I used to go right when they opened but now people are lining up before they open even on weekdays and it sucks.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Go 10 minutes before close and be a dick to the employees

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah I typically go 1.5 hours before closing, seems to be fewer people than at peak.

Google maps can generate an activity histogram too (which is just an estimate), but it will show you the generally busy and less busy times/days. It's under "popular times" if you scroll down.

Edit: and whenever they're giving out samples will be significantly busier and more chaotic.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Really depends on where you are

We went to the one in Niles, so north Chicago suburbs. I wonder if one in the city proper would be less crazy. It seems contradictory, but suburban spots always seem a lot wilder than their city counterparts.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Here it's an hour before close but it probably varies. Check Google they should tell you how active they are hourly.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Managed to keep it to a restrained $200 today, including their last bottle of Booker's. I'm trying to see if I can nurse my tank of gas until next Tuesday, the day the True Church will stop trading with heretics (at least for hydrocarbons.)

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

drat, the stuff about Google is cool, thanks!

E: According to Google seems like the best time on a Saturday is 9:30-11am and the worst time starts at 11, which is when we showed up. So, I guess we experienced it at its worst?

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 1, 2022

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i need to go to costco

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I just got back from Costco

For those keeping track:
Bread
Makeup wipes
Cottage cheese
Chicken

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

drat the lg c1 48" is on sale for $800 right now

i paid $1300 for my lg cx and it was worth every penny, 800 is a loving steal

Nutella
Jun 27, 2005

"And the meek shall inherit the earth"
Costco trip 2 this week.

Jim Beam
Fireball
Case of Rioja
3 blouses for 2.97 each!
Himalayan Salt Chips
Kirkland Bar Soap
Aidells Pineapple-Bacon sausages

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutella posted:

Kirkland Bar Soap

Severely underrated.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Knot My President! posted:

drat the lg c1 48" is on sale for $800 right now

i paid $1300 for my lg cx and it was worth every penny, 800 is a loving steal

That's exactly why I got my 65" LG C1. $1599 plus a free Allstate extended warranty, $100 streaming credit, and a $150 Costco Cash Card (that promo ended now) was too good to pass up.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

drat, the stuff about Google is cool, thanks!

E: According to Google seems like the best time on a Saturday is 9:30-11am and the worst time starts at 11, which is when we showed up. So, I guess we experienced it at its worst?

9:30 would be difficult because they don't open until 10:00

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Some Costco's open at 930 on sat

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Some Costco's open at 930 on sat

Yeah, mine in Texas is 9:30am to 6pm on Saturdays

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Yeah the Niles Costco opens at 9:30 on Saturday. I’m thinking when we go we’ll go first thing on Saturday after breakfast. We’re in Albany Park, which is right on the northern edge of the city, so it’s a much nicer drive to leave the city, than it is to drive further into it.

Dear god it feels like a huge success to have a life this boring in 2022.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

What a time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

We go either first thing Saturday when they open, or about 4:30 pm on Sunday after the church crowd/sample people clear out.