Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I wear this to work fairly often and *routinely* get compliments on it

Not horrible enough

I think the color variety and contrast means it goes well with a lot of outfits

All my friends who played DE think it's an ugly tie, everyone who hasn't, including my wife, think the tie rules and looks great with everything. Funny how that works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Fister Roboto posted:

Up yours, woke moralists! We'll see who cancels who!

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Fister Roboto posted:

PROBLEM

A few days ago you made an irritated radio call in response to one of the latest happenings on the increasingly heated *culture war* front. In response to the decision of an actress (actor) named Ellen (Elliot) Page. You are employing this awkward and impossible naming style because it is now apparently mandatory and you're probably doing it wrong. Nonetheless, as *you're doing it wrong* is the whole point of what has been made mandatory. But also, you're trying to make a point. You've essentially been banned from Speedfreaks.FM as a consequence. You say *banned* although technically you've been *suspended*. But the suspension will not be lifted unless you retract the hateful statement in question, and you would rather die than do that. And hopefully it will not come to that, although who the hell knows in these increasingly strange days.

SOLUTION

Up yours, woke moralists! We'll see who cancels who!

I read this in the narrator's voice, with needless pauses and everything.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I wear this to work fairly often and *routinely* get compliments on it

Not horrible enough

I think the color variety and contrast means it goes well with a lot of outfits

You're a pretty boring cop, but at least you have a fun necktie.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
With low Inland Empire, however, you’ll be void of imagination – and character. And then how will you shape the cosmos?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I did Sorry Apocalypse Communist cop for my first run, so roleplaying as myself/Cspam

Any recommendation for the next run as far as cool dialogue to read? After I beat DE a couple weeks ago I haven’t even enjoyed any other games, it was that good.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

skooma512 posted:

I did Sorry Apocalypse Communist cop for my first run, so roleplaying as myself/Cspam

Any recommendation for the next run as far as cool dialogue to read? After I beat DE a couple weeks ago I haven’t even enjoyed any other games, it was that good.

Slick Harry the Superstar Ultraliberal Husslegrinder

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

This makes him look so much cooler than the genuine article. Top right and bottom middle especially

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
How do coworkers react do the gently caress THE WORLD hoodie?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I once had a random hookup shortly after I left my ex-husband, which went wonderfully and I kept seeing the dude for a while cause we had a great Netflix-and-chill thing going. But I broke it off after one evening, he mentioned in passing some guy he'd been reading about with "some interesting ideas", and he couldn't even actually remember the name but it sounded like it had to be Jordan Peterson.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Got through day two by finally getting into the harbor and finally getting the body down- but I had to internalize race science to do it. Kim mentioned an alternate path that I couldn't find, and I'd actually exhausted most of the random dialogue in the area before adding racism to the thought cabinet which made me wonder if I was screwed...until I stumbled rear end-backwards into an extensive quest behind the bookseller's curtain just by poking around to kill time. Pretty wild for a completely optional area!

The harbor seemed sparse though, I'm not sure if I missed a staircase or something but the only people I could find there were Evarts and Leo. It was also a little strange grilling so many people abour the murder after I'd already spoken to the Hardies who outright admitted to the murder that morning; probably hard to cover all the sequence breaking bases.

Mostly I've just been vibing around as an apocalyptic drug-loving communist and it's been good times! I did also take the actual art degree which has been an unexpected boon, since I keep loving up and taking psychic damage everywhere.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Sounds like it's been a good time. Just soaking in the feeling of the world and the situation is a lot of the joy of the game to me.

If you need to pass time, you can try reading and rereading a book. It's not super efficient but functional.

The harbour is pretty sparse, there's some handy pick-ups though. (Carry a crowbar in your hand to open most grey outline containers.) You might have missed something minor up and left of the way in. Optional though, most of the game is optional.

In case you missed it, if you see someone up on a balcony over the apartments. Minor mechanical tip. You can talk to them from the ground floor. But not the person on top of Whirling in Rigs.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My mom's favorite character after investigation is Cuno. Has potential she thinks

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Wolfsheim posted:

The harbor seemed sparse though, I'm not sure if I missed a staircase or something but the only people I could find there were Evarts and Leo. It was also a little strange grilling so many people abour the murder after I'd already spoken to the Hardies who outright admitted to the murder that morning; probably hard to cover all the sequence breaking bases.

Spuriously accusing everyone you meet of the murder is just good dectectoring technique.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Barudak posted:

My mom's favorite character after investigation is Cuno. Has potential she thinks

I can fix the Cuno

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Barudak posted:

Well, she raised you, I guess she's used to kids like that.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Barudak posted:

What's her opinion on Cunoesse?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Okay I really should have figured out who the driver of the crashed car was way sooner

Starting to think I'm as bad a detective in life as I am in the game

I'm also not sure why I'm so fixated on hunting down all the armor pieces, I have a 2 in endurance and can't do anything physical for poo poo

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm also not sure why I'm so fixated on hunting down all the armor pieces, I have a 2 in endurance and can't do anything physical for poo poo

The armor pieces have pretty nice stats, and there's an achievement for reassembling it. The armor projects strength and authority, which is why it appeals to law enforcement officers/fascist paramilitaries. Having a chest piece that stops bullets might come in handy at some point too, Revachol is a dangerous place...

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Also, the hoops you have to jump through for the legs are so so funny.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wittgen posted:

Also, the hoops you have to jump through for the legs are so so funny.

Whatever you do do not taste the legging stew.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Power armor is cool. That's reason enough

Weyd
Nov 26, 2009

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

UnknownMercenary posted:

Whatever you do do not taste the legging stew.

You can’t resist the leg stew

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Met the hardcore teens, enjoyed accidentally vibing with Egghead

Also had a sensible chuckle that the cryptozoologist is palling around with the cryptofascist (I know that fucker has an armor piece but my stats were too low to call him on it :argh: )

I also keep finding new neckwear but I will never abandon the horrible necktie

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
you're doing everything right

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Wolfsheim posted:

Met the hardcore teens, enjoyed accidentally vibing with Egghead

Hardcore!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

:geno: Is it, though?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I got those kids kicked out so hard it messed up some other questline stuff they're connected to because Lieutenant Harrier DuBois is here to solve a crime and it doesn't involve the pale and he has no idea what that is, anyway.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay I really should have figured out who the driver of the crashed car was way sooner

the funniest moment in my game was me figuring it out a split second before Harry did and going "oh nooooooooo"

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

:geno: Is it, though?

Totally hardcore!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the funniest moment in my game was me figuring it out a split second before Harry did and going "oh nooooooooo"

One part of this game which had this effect on me was when I was talking with Cuno and thought: 'Coinslot? Why the hell did he sa- ooooooooooooof'

Ajon
Aug 8, 2007
'VRROOOMMM!!!' roared the car. 'SPRUITS!' said gramma.

Wolfsheim posted:

(I know that fucker has an armor piece but my stats were too low to call him on it :argh: )

Maybe it's just anal beads

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It's cool how, prior to finding the car, you have multiple opportunities to visual calculus the car and going full Sherlock Math Wizard, only for the question of the driver to remain a very funny mystery

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Those are beads of honour

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

wynott dunn posted:

Those are beads of honour

that is not a place of honor

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Countblanc posted:

It's cool how, prior to finding the car, you have multiple opportunities to visual calculus the car and going full Sherlock Math Wizard, only for the question of the driver to remain a very funny mystery

Jacob Irw is a menace. A tragic menace.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
The car is probably the best example, but one of the strengths of DE's writing is how it effortlessly slips between treating the player as actually being Harry versus treating the player as merely attempting (with mixed success) to pilot him.

It's hard to give the player immersion and agency while also acknowledging their genre knowledge and not treating them like an idiot. DE threads the needle perfectly.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

It's hard to give the player immersion and agency while also acknowledging their genre knowledge and not treating them like an idiot. DE threads the needle perfectly.

It's really unique among videogames. Having the voices in your head literally metagame and offer "sequence-breaking" advice is something I've never seen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
game good