Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Stereotype posted:

Sounds like a great system that only fails every time

It also stifles reporting on issues because you’ll at least catch a temporary ban while poo poo is sorted. It’s a stupid system that needs to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Dalael posted:

Why is it that whenever poo poo like .. well.. anything happens, there are quotes of John Hartley missing the whole loving point and being an rear end in a top hat?

Because anyone here could have stopped it, by simply informing the victim he/she has to (1) gather all evidence (2) contact the proper authorities. And support him/her on this even when the victim says "But, I don't want this to escalate." These cases are extremely difficult, because it's more than EVE Online. Twitch is also a platform where it happened. It's about emotion and friendships. I used to run a 300 "toons" "clan" in another game and we had one women in there... every few weeks there was some nasty perv or young horny person that really crossed the lines and we no longer had to deal with it as they quickly left after being informed about the case and if they would present themselves at their local police station. The company knows the contact details of the customer, it's just one warrant away. And that was back in the day where it was confusing for the police to understand what teamspeak and online games were.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Aedaxus posted:

Because anyone here could have stopped it, by simply informing the victim he/she has to (1) gather all evidence (2) contact the proper authorities. And support him/her on this even when the victim says "But, I don't want this to escalate." These cases are extremely difficult, because it's more than EVE Online. Twitch is also a platform where it happened. It's about emotion and friendships. I used to run a 300 "toons" "clan" in another game and we had one women in there... every few weeks there was some nasty perv or young horny person that really crossed the lines and we no longer had to deal with it as they quickly left after being informed about the case and if they would present themselves at their local police station. The company knows the contact details of the customer, it's just one warrant away. And that was back in the day where it was confusing for the police to understand what teamspeak and online games were.

What does this book have to do with what I said?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
gently caress i just re-read that and if i understand this correctly, your take is that its her & other people's fault for not going to the cops?

Lol wtf

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

its kinda funny fnln brought up the gijoedirtbag/myrtar situation because the way fragmaster handled it was very similar to how this current issue was handled with frags banning the accuser and the accused. that was 2009 though and youd think we'd know better by now. good on myrtar for intervening.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

sorry i don't see anything here that qualifies

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
all goonfleet directorship appointees should be done like federal judgeships with public hearings

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
yeh so a lot of things have happened since that ban both victim and stalker policy was put in place, like gamergate and #MeToo /"believe women" but we are going to go right back what I said yesterday, and months ago when I first brought up the goonwaffe transphobia.

Because it does not affect neurotypical straight white cis men, no one is going to bother to change diddly poo poo. The policy works for straight white men in charge so what do they care if they rip someone's support network/online gaming buddies/right to publicly reply from under them? On top of that, the victim has got to sit there unable to undock in 1DQ on characters they are paying money for while these men sit around up upon high both siding and well actually arguing with each other behind closed doors.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

learnincurve posted:

yeh so a lot of things have happened since that ban both victim and stalker policy was put in place, like gamergate and #MeToo /"believe women" but we are going to go right back what I said yesterday, and months ago when I first brought up the goonwaffe transphobia.

Because it does not affect neurotypical straight white cis men, no one is going to bother to change diddly poo poo. The policy works for straight white men in charge so what do they care if they rip someone's support network/online gaming buddies/right to publicly reply from under them? On top of that, the victim has got to sit there unable to undock in 1DQ on characters they are paying money for while these men sit around up upon high both siding and well actually arguing with each other behind closed doors.

So to fix this, the directors should hold themselves to a higher standard.

Would it be possible to publicly update and disperse an Imperium wide cyberstalking policy based on protecting the victim from the accused on Imperium services while the matter is investigated?

Separating the parties is a good idea but the victim should not be punished by this separation.

Once the investigation is complete, if the offense is found to violate Imperium policy, then the offender gets airlocked and the results reported to other third party services like twitter/twitch/discord for further action.

Would this be a better policy? Obviously specifics would need to be nailed down, but ideally would be based around protecting minorities in the Imperium and believing women.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Dude it’s not that hard, due to the nature of eve a lot of this poo poo is in text, and voice coms like as not have other witnesses. There’s no need for some drawn out separation policy while the sages come down from on high to debate a screenshot of someone saying “I will find you irl *picture of penis*”. This is a video game you just talk to the guy and like 99% of the time they cop to their own bullshit because it turns out stalkers/racists/bronies aren’t that smart then you right click and eject them or whatever the equivalent is in eve.

Or you just skip the talk part, this is fine too.

It’s just that easy. It’s long dumbassed layers of obfuscation and excess crap that leads to stupid situations like this.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Holy craps, I logged onto my Eve Portal app and folks sent me money…I don’t know who because I’m away from my eveputer but I just wanted to say “thank you very much!” It wasn’t my intent to be taken as begging (I even said so in my fake edit!), but I just wanted to let you know how much it’s appreciated and the only reason I haven’t thanked you in-game yet is because I haven’t been able to sign in to the main Eve client for a couple of days!

Also, I’ve put long range targeting V at the top of my skill-queue, so that should help with my range some more. Any tips or links to in-combat overview management are still at the top of my questions list, and much appreciated too!

I hope the drama is resolved soon…I have no “side” and don’t have any history with any specific folks besides Goons in games in general. I just hope people can have fun chatting and killing space landlords together without creeping on their wing mates and friends! Everyone I’ve been in contact with including the Gooniversity folks has been ultra chill and helpful…my biggest gripe has been amount of actual playtime to learn game mechanics, which is nobody’s fault but IRL responsibilities and time management. I’m trying to join a 101 class asap, because I’m not shy about being gamedumb, I just don’t think an involved, active-war fleet op on mumble is the place to bring up “how do I tackle right?” And I do not mind asking questions on fleets in text (when waiting), but multiple times game learning has been interrupted by active shooting and moving.

So, thanks again unknown people…I hope to log in to play for another double PAP Cerb fleet or station shooting today or tomorrow, depending on my Granny’s and parents’ needs for various assistance & care! Hope the next 500 unread posts are about pubbies and slumlords getting smacked (not trivializing or downplaying IRL grievances, it’s just I’m new-to-Eve-but-not-to-“Goonsstuff,” so I just shuddup and pray for good vibes).

I’m not sure if I’m supposed to “toonies” and “mate” here or on GF forums, though…o9!

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
im a big fan also of current csm member kazanir rolling up and saying that and i quote 'aldani toralen makes poo poo up' when she posted her reddit thread saying SHE also complained about harassment and was ignored

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Sickening posted:

Like are we being led by actual "stop the steal" people?

/sigh
No. Yes, Brisc is a registered Republican. No, he doesn't seem to be in the hard-right crowd. He works for an AFL-CIO union, for goodness' sake, so if he was a Traitor-flag waving lunatic he probably wouldn't be employed there.

One of the problems with the Internet is people hear a single sound bite about a person and leap to all sorts of conclusions. I couldn't make heads or tails of FNLN's walls of text, and my initial impression is that they were posting in bad faith, but I didn't know so I just asked. And then Sickening wrote a good post that explained the problem in a straightforward way that didn't assume I had all of the context.

It was great, and we should do more of that rather than this judgment-by-soundbite crap.

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Dalael posted:

gently caress i just re-read that and if i understand this correctly, your take is that its her & other people's fault for not going to the cops?

Lol wtf

Typical. You read something, get offended deeply and just start to claim things I did not say.

She's the victim of the criminal actions (harassment). I feel sorry for what happened to her by both the suspects and then the "posters of justice". The victim was not helped until she was kicked out of a computer game corp. You can prove otherwise but I get a very bad feeling of recuperation of things not related.

Let me explain this in detail :
* Someone we know gets harassed. Both in EVE Online as on her Twitch.
* I wasn't there, but somehow no one took action to persuade the suspects to stop it.No one took the time or effort to advise the victim on what to do for her safety.
* She had to suffer criminal activities FOR WEEKS ON END again, with none of you even blinking, to the point she posted on the forum and then the suspect(s) posted a counter (including a call for help).
* Both her and the suspect(s) get banned awaiting investigation.
* BOOM! Out of nowhere you (and others) come in to complain about something that actually gets handled fast.

My objections about all the rage is that it appears not about the harassment but more about the kick from GSF. And that is appalling. That is just messed up. Sick. So tone down your righteousness you could have acted on the initial incident but waited and now we are here doing too little, too late. And I need to have to read your ridiculous post where you laugh at doing the right thing.

You should stop hanging out in echo chambers, not everything is "with or against us".

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Rhymenoserous posted:

Dude it’s not that hard, due to the nature of eve a lot of this poo poo is in text, and voice coms like as not have other witnesses. There’s no need for some drawn out separation policy while the sages come down from on high to debate a screenshot of someone saying “I will find you irl *picture of penis*”. This is a video game you just talk to the guy and like 99% of the time they cop to their own bullshit because it turns out stalkers/racists/bronies aren’t that smart then you right click and eject them or whatever the equivalent is in eve.

Or you just skip the talk part, this is fine too.

It’s just that easy. It’s long dumbassed layers of obfuscation and excess crap that leads to stupid situations like this.

My proposal is for an accountable process. Yours is subject to whimsy.

Likely 99% of reviews are *screen shot of dickpick on gf forums pm* then a swift airlocking, put at least the person reporting it would understand the process.

Then if there's a bad call, the policy can be updated to regulate bad-faith behavior.

At the end of the day though, the directorate needs to buy-in to this, otherwise it will just be abused.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Brisc is a Christian conservative values dude who from his twitter seems to be very pro union and getting kids trade skills and none of this makes him bad. If you want freedom to worship or not worship as you like then it's going to have to work both ways otherwise it's just harranging people for who they are.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Oh man, people are talking about remdick, FNLN steals a bunch of poo poo, and the direkkktors gently caress up basic adulting?

What year is this?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

also it's another episode of "directors are omniscient somehow" combined with a bunch of shitflinging due to completely unrelated personal gripes

man, i threw up all of this chaff and now no one knows what's going on, this is really going to help!

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

if you had any clue as to the degree of information siloing that happens in leadership you'd realize how silly this is

also the sheer number of directors made

an example: they made funk engine a director, btw, he didn't have authority on poo poo

and i ain't much better

i dub this weird authority implication phenomenon the "reverse kismeteer" effect

That’s the part that I take a bit of offense to with Aldani’s “I told literally every director” bit.

Because no you loving didn’t. I’m vaguely aware of who she was as being in charge of like sirenswarm and social groups in general, but the claims in her reddit post were the first I’d heard of them.

I’m in charge of reimbursement and participation metrics. Cryo and I have apparently been bequeathed joint custody of delta squad while kazanir is the drunk uncle from Arkansas who shows up to feed the kids energy drinks and bourbon then passes out on the couch.

I generally don’t stray out of my box unless something intersects my personal interests, which for some reason trying to stop delta from donning a saffron robe and setting themselves ablaze is a personal interest. But I was not aware of aldani’s problems and my pc being logged into jabber while I’m at work or sleeping does not constitute being told.

So there’s a fair amount of hyperbole and over generalization going on here that is not warranted, fair, or accurate.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Like, here is a simple piece of information that I still don't know: Who was the shitbird that did the bad thing? Like, a name.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
i mean aldani posted receipts in the reddit thread of who she conplained to so

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Furnok Dorn posted:

i mean aldani posted receipts in the reddit thread of who she conplained to so

Is it somewhere further down in the thread because the OP just says “despite telling literally all of illum.”

(I never got past the OP because I was like “well that’s loving bullshit” and closed it)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Aedaxus posted:

Typical. You read something, get offended deeply and just start to claim things I did not say.

She's the victim of the criminal actions (harassment). I feel sorry for what happened to her by both the suspects and then the "posters of justice". The victim was not helped until she was kicked out of a computer game corp. You can prove otherwise but I get a very bad feeling of recuperation of things not related.

Let me explain this in detail :
* Someone we know gets harassed. Both in EVE Online as on her Twitch.
* I wasn't there, but somehow no one took action to persuade the suspects to stop it.No one took the time or effort to advise the victim on what to do for her safety.
* She had to suffer criminal activities FOR WEEKS ON END again, with none of you even blinking, to the point she posted on the forum and then the suspect(s) posted a counter (including a call for help).
* Both her and the suspect(s) get banned awaiting investigation.
* BOOM! Out of nowhere you (and others) come in to complain about something that actually gets handled fast.

My objections about all the rage is that it appears not about the harassment but more about the kick from GSF. And that is appalling. That is just messed up. Sick. So tone down your righteousness you could have acted on the initial incident but waited and now we are here doing too little, too late. And I need to have to read your ridiculous post where you laugh at doing the right thing.

You should stop hanging out in echo chambers, not everything is "with or against us".

Re-read my posts, i didnt complain about anything other than John Hartley always having the shittiest take. Which he does.

And if you are John Hartley, then you have a poo poo take on everything.

And your post doesnt contradict that view one loving bit. "No one told her to call the cops" isnt the flex you think it is.

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Dalael posted:

Re-read my posts, i didnt complain about anything other than John Hartley always having the shittiest take. Which he does.

And if you are John Hartley, then you have a poo poo take on everything.

And your post doesnt contradict that view one loving bit. "No one told her to call the cops" isnt the flex you think it is.

Okay, I was wrong about claiming you were one of the "late complain" posters. It was others.

My post says what it says "If you believe you are in danger, make sure you get safe.". There are alternatives but to each their own.

What do you mean with "that view"? lol. Amuse me with your answer.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
this is always how it's going to go with this lovely complaints system designed by unaccountable men. One person is out the loop and then gets incredibly hurt and automatically defends their palls.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

learnincurve posted:

this is always how it's going to go with this lovely complaints system designed by unaccountable men. One person is out the loop and then gets incredibly hurt and automatically defends their palls.

Yes, by asking people to be accurate in their claims I’m defending my pals.

Must be very nice to live in your kindergarten crayola world. You are making this post from your tower in Atlantis aka Bolivia aren’t you.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

A lotta y'all still don't get it. You can use multiple grudge juices on a single director

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

andromache posted:

Is it somewhere further down in the thread because the OP just says “despite telling literally all of illum.”

(I never got past the OP because I was like “well that’s loving bullshit” and closed it)

So you are just going to skip reading about an incident because someone didn't know how space important you are? This is a good look.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

andromache posted:

Must be very nice to live in your kindergarten crayola world. You are making this post from your tower in Atlantis aka Bolivia aren’t you.

yeh I'm the uncool gold star butch lesbian who had to watch mittens crowing about going a lesbian wedding in vegas for ally points while waiting for the northern freighter company to get my stuff out of delve after one of your directors posted transphobia in goonwaffe corp mail, gently caress off.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

andromache posted:

Uiuhh.. im the Atlantis guy. Plz dont confuse us

ricepowah
May 3, 2008
no not posting

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Like C'mon Atrum. Its right in my red text. :colbert:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

D posters.

D posters never change.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

learnincurve posted:

one of your directors posted transphobia in goonwaffe corp mail

Do you mean that Yangchen Tang thing? Was he a director? Honest question, I have no idea who exactly is in leadership ITYOOL 2022 because I haven't logged into Jabber in months.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Sickening posted:

So you are just going to skip reading about an incident because someone didn't know how space important you are? This is a good look.

How is that anything like what I said. Not choosing to go further in a Reddit thread because the OP was going for the sensational emotional splash instead of factual accuracy is always the right call for media consumption. - social or traditional. Don’t fall for the clickbait.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

andromache posted:

How is that anything like what I said. Not choosing to go further in a Reddit thread because the OP was going for the sensational emotional splash instead of factual accuracy is always the right call for media consumption. - social or traditional. Don’t fall for the clickbait.

YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT ATRUM SAID. CLICK HERE FOR MORE

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

andromache posted:

Basically this.

Aldani is going for max drama, and that's their prerogative, but it doesn't mean that we have to read their reddit posts.

She also did not "tell literally everyone in illum", I know that for a fact.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Do you mean that Yangchen Tang thing? Was he a director? Honest question, I have no idea who exactly is in leadership ITYOOL 2022 because I haven't logged into Jabber in months.

Yogizh sent some dumbass corpmails like a year ago. Some like identify as an attack helicopter poo poo and some alt right YouTube link.

But because he wasn’t publicly executed for it, people keep hanging onto it. I have no idea if he was privately disciplined for it or not, but fairly certain the policy isn’t to discuss that poo poo publicly anyway.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I don't know all the alts and names, the guy who posted that had pos director stuff in his title and Reservoir Dogs quotes in his bio, and if I wasn't an industrialist I would probably have done some mental twisting to stay, but I am and my entire game play would have depended on a right wing anti-lgbt snowflake and gently caress that.

also this guy is still on this chuffing site after posting that sending transphobia to goons via the daily telegraph channel is fine because youtube hasn't deemed it illegal.

yogizh posted:

Why is it not banned by youtube then? If it was illegal they would definetly pull it from the site. Also woke and actual LGBT people are two different things.
Toss me a rope here, what are the standards? Am I have to act more responsibly than the largest video platform on Earth? Please release guidelines for foreigners who
study American culture remotely.

Edit: Do you realize that the rest of the mails are NSFW poo poo about dicks and sexual practices that have absolutely no place in a gaming guild that is supposedly for everyone?
You want right to post poo poo that 500 people just has to delete from their mailboxes, but start to freak out when I post this? Pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Wibla posted:

She also did not "tell literally everyone in illum", I know that for a fact.

Why is this sticking point so important?