Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The handgun is not Kras Mazov's preferred weapon. The sausage grinder is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Caufman posted:

The handgun is not Kras Mazov's preferred weapon. The sausage grinder is.

Political power comes out the barrel of a belle-margrave

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

catgirlgenius posted:

https://twitter.com/sykine_r/status/1497270891432247297?lang=en

maybe the biggest badge of honor DE can get is how much cool as hell art it inspires

when Esprit-de-Corps has the scene, it doesn't gently caress around

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Wrr posted:

I ordered a nice print of that art and I don't think it ever arrived. I should look into that. Does it take awhile for them to print it up?

oh wait it literally showed up today

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Political power comes out the barrel of a belle-margrave

This is Triangong erasure.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

sebzilla posted:

Kim's (ex-)partner, "Eyes"

Who is implied, if you have high enough empathy and esprit de corps, to have died for him.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The boxcars in the lower left tie the whole thing together. That's probably my favorite piece of DE fan art.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

catgirlgenius posted:

https://twitter.com/sykine_r/status/1497270891432247297?lang=en

maybe the biggest badge of honor DE can get is how much cool as hell art it inspires

Coincidentally this showed up in my recommended videos the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By_T39ENlkg

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

UnknownMercenary posted:

man is this game ever a *MrBTongue voice* gesamtkunstwerk

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

UnknownMercenary posted:

I'm just gonna poach two of the youtube comments:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

How has nobody made an Agent Cooper version of the skill tree yet?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

The whiplash between these, lmfao

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Hey now. Flintlock pistols and a beautiful necktie.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Does he actually say God, Please or is that some fan fic rendition of what happened because I don’t recall it at all.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Does he actually say God, Please or is that some fan fic rendition of what happened because I don’t recall it at all.

If you pass a perception check you'll hear him say it during the scene.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Vegetable posted:

He definitely says it. It's really cool how the action pauses in the same way it does for Harry when he's making a skill check. You really feel the critical success

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Vegetable posted:

He does.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Wrr posted:

That's fine. That's real fine.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
him saying it and nailing the shot is the best part of the tribunal

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Kim Kitsuragi - Painted Normal Maps

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I just beat the game for the first time and I feel like maybe I’m too dumb for it. I didn’t follow some of the political stuff and the ending felt weirdly abrupt and forced. I also feel like I probably missed a ton.

Overall, it was worth playing just for Cuno. Maybe one of my favorite characters in any game.

I mostly picked the “boring” choices and didn’t drink or do drugs - how different is it if you pick a lot of the crazier stuff?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Harriet Carker posted:

I just beat the game for the first time and I feel like maybe I’m too dumb for it. I didn’t follow some of the political stuff and the ending felt weirdly abrupt and forced. I also feel like I probably missed a ton.

Overall, it was worth playing just for Cuno. Maybe one of my favorite characters in any game.

I mostly picked the “boring” choices and didn’t drink or do drugs - how different is it if you pick a lot of the crazier stuff?

Kim was pretty disappointed when I stole and did speed right in front of him

There's also a pretty funny scene at the end where you have to justify being constantly drunk and high to your co-workers

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Harriet Carker posted:

What kind of stats did you go for? If you went with mainly INT skills like I did on my first time, it can be pretty boring. PSY and FYS (specifically Inland Empire and Shivers) gives you a lot of the cool weird stuff.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

What kind of stats did you go for? If you went with mainly INT skills like I did on my first time, it can be pretty boring. PSY and FYS (specifically Inland Empire and Shivers) gives you a lot of the cool weird stuff.

Yeah mostly INT, since I didn’t really know anything about the game going in and figured it’d be best for detective work.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The detective work is not even the most interesting part of the game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

is there a high-res image of the thought cabinet artwork anywhere, maybe with the parts of each thought highlighted or outlined somehow? related: is there any analysis of what it symbolizes for each thought?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The detective work is not even the most interesting part of the game.

It can be pretty satisfying to see Harry be somewhat competent at it though. Like a trash fire Columbo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

is there a high-res image of the thought cabinet artwork anywhere, maybe with the parts of each thought highlighted or outlined somehow? related: is there any analysis of what it symbolizes for each thought?

Volumetric poo poo Compressor symbolizes what it's like to have your poo poo compressed into a singularity.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Fister Roboto posted:

It can be pretty satisfying to see Harry be somewhat competent at it though. Like a trash fire Columbo.

I love when Visual Calculus takes over, it's real fuckin cool

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Fister Roboto posted:

Like a trash fire Columbo.

"Just... one more question, ma'am. Would you, ehhh, like to make gently caress?"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNwd56ZhoPI

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Animal-Mother posted:

"Just... one more question, ma'am. Would you, ehhh, like to make gently caress?"

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
I need to stop checking this thread so I can forget all the minutiae and play this game fresh in a few years.
Or I could obliviate myself with drugs and alcohol for 3 days and then truly become Disco.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Wrr posted:

fantastic

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I saw this earlier, and while it's good... Argh, the bullet at 1:55!!!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Disco Elysium creator ZA/UM is looking for artists with "a love of sci-fi and video games" and the ability to create "non-earth environments".

Sounds like they're developing a new setting for their second game

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I don't see anything there indicating it'll be a new setting, unless you mean a different part of the same world. I'd have been surprised if they did another game in the same block of Martinaise anyway

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Sci-fi and un-Earth-like environments doesn't sounds like they're sticking with the world of DE, unless they're taking it in a pretty wild direction :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

repiv posted:

Sci-fi and un-Earth-like environments doesn't sounds like they're sticking with the world of DE, unless they're taking it in a pretty wild direction :shrug:

Oh, umm... read this.